Quote Originally Posted by Long Nguyen View Post
Hi Danielle,

Thank you very much for the information, I basically needed to know exactly how much credit is given to people, holding a bachelors degreee, without the experience. 800 hours is good and fair, it's totally understandable. I'm actually on training with D-T-I (Detective Training Institute) have you heard of them? Are you currently a licensce PI in North Carolina?
The owner of D-T-I used to be a member here, but he violated his Oath and Code of Ethics because he has a whole section on his web site characterizing calling other well known and professional schools as s-c-a-m's. It is one thing for a mail order school to promote the values and worthiness of their training manuals, but it is, in my personal opinion, ludicrous and unethical to make misleading claims of other schools in an effort to pursuade prospective students to pay up to $1000 for their course at the expense of other school's reputation.

What is more interesting is we have many graduates from D-T-I who joined us here because they could not get any work through D-T-I. Many of them are too embarrassed to admit they should have spend as little as $200 with IPIU to get enough academic training and start with on the job cases within 5 weeks.

Both D-T-I and IPIU are accredited members of the Better Business Bureau, including one of the professional schools that D-T-I's owner seems to have a grudge against.

In my opinion it is shameful that such a course can be compromised because of the actions of its owner. You will not find other owners of other courses we recommend that vindictive or distasteful.

D-T-I has a few testimonial's on their web site. We have thousands in the following link:

http://www.ipiu.org/forums/forumdisp...IMONIALS-FORUM

And all of the above testimonials are unsolicited (where IPIU did not ask them to post their testimonial. They chose to post it on their own). And everyone one of them include their real first and last name and real location.

If you should join IPIU, you can start working spare-time cases within 5 weeks after you pass your test and receive your PI Union License. This is how I started years ago in New York City. I now have my own state PI License thanks to IPIU, and I volunteer as a web moderator to help direct newcomers, like yourself, to get the facts and not be sold on a false set of goods.

Donna