Thread: Mother of Missing Mo. Boy Seeks Miracle and Hires Private Investigator.

Mother of Missing Mo. Boy Seeks Miracle and Hires Private Investigator.

Mother of Missing Mo. Boy Seeks Miracle & Hires Private Investigator:

Story link:
    http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp.../missing_boy_2

ST. LOUIS - The mother of a missing disabled boy tearfully prayed for his return, four days after the 9-year-old's father reported he was snatched in a carjacking.

"I am expecting a miracle," a sobbing Theda Thomas said Sunday at a St. Simon of Cyrene Catholic Church vigil for Christian Ferguson. "God, please bring my angel Christian back to us. We love him and we miss him."

Thomas said she was clinging to hope that Christian, requiring daily medication for a protein-digestive disorder, was still alive despite his family's worries that he would not survive without the medicine.

Christian was reported missing on Wednesday. His father, Dawan Ferguson, told police he was driving the boy to his hospital treatment when he stepped away briefly to use a pay telephone. He said a stranger jumped in the vehicle and drove off while Christian was in the back seat.

The vehicle turned up abandoned about two hours later, with no sign of Christian.

"We've looked everywhere," Christian's stepfather, Victor Thomas, said Sunday night.

Police Capt. Harry Hegger has said that Dawan Ferguson stopped cooperating with police Thursday. Hegger also has said it's doubtful Christian is still alive.

John Rogers, a criminal defense attorney retained by Dawan Ferguson, told reporters that Ferguson has hired private investigators to help in the search, saying "time continues to be of the essence."
    ___

On the Net:

http://www.alostchild.com/christianferguson
    (Our prayers are both with the family and the private investigator)

Sad story, also sounds like the father's account of what happened may be suspicious. I can only imagine what this family must be going through. I hope they find the boy alive and well.

Very sad story. I hate to hear of things involving children because they are so helpless. I believe any adult consciously or unconsciously, who leaves a car running or keys in the car are open to anything that can possibly occur. Sort of like giving a license to steal. Protecting a child is a big responsibility, and if taken on, should be enforced with every action taken for their safety just as you would your own. Unfortunately, times have changed, and we live in a society of "I'll take what I want, when I want it." So that we need to insure our own safety and not take any risks involving a possible abduction.

Isn't there a law in every state that says you cannot leave children in a running vehicle? Who in their right mind, would do such a thing to a helpless child? I realize there are many factors concerning these issues but It poses many questions to me.

Thanks for sharing the story, and I hope for the childs sake that they find him alive.

This is a very saddening story. We can only hope that everything turns out for the best and they find the boy alive and well. My thoughts go out to the family in this time of crisis.
    Robert Smith

This is a sad story. It is so unnerving to hear about cases like this. If the father wants to find his son, why did he stop communicating with the police? Maybe he did have something to do with it and maybe not. The father should know that he has to be ruled out as a suspect, he was the last person to see Christian alive. The police are just doing the "process of illimination."

The father might have hired the investigator to throw the investigation off. To further make it look like he is not involved.

The facts will speak for themselves, unfortunately, we don't know everything.

I sure hope this turns out to be a good ending.

Deborah Siehl

Edwina Berlijn - is offline Private Investigator Union Member

Bachelor of Science Degree - Criminal Justice Graduate
    That is a very sad story...here in GA, you are not allowed to leave a child in a car by themselves. A running car with the keys left in is an accident to be happening, even if it was stolen, the child him self could have tried to "drive" the car, you read so many stories on that. I hope and pray, that all,the child and the attorney and the private investigator are able to find the child. Very sad, my heart goes out to the mother.

edwina berlijn

Originally posted by Deborah Siehl
    This is a sad story. It is so unnerving to hear about cases like this. If the father wants to find his son, why did he stop communicating with the police? Maybe he did have something to do with it and maybe not. The father should know that he has to be ruled out as a suspect, he was the last person to see Christian alive. The police are just doing the "process of illimination."

The father might have hired the investigator to throw the investigation off. To further make it look like he is not involved.

The facts will speak for themselves, unfortunately, we don't know everything.

I sure hope this turns out to be a good ending.

Deborah Siehl
    Deborah, we definitely have similar thoughts regarding the father. I pray it's just our investigator minds working overtime. I too hope that Christian is returned alive and well.
    Last edited by May K. Toney; 07-03-2003 at 07:22 PM.

This is diffently a very sad story, and I hope the child is found safely and in good health. As for the Father not cooperating with the Police I believe it is not good for showing that he had nothing to do with the kidnapping. Yet, as a father who has had to fight for many many years just to see my daughter let alone for the custody battle, because nobody would help me enforce the laws and statutes that are in place I can almost see how the people may have been treating this guy, and he probaly was put on the defensive from the begining and was informed by a lawyer to say nothing.

This is very sad.
    Children should never be left unattended!
    DJ
    DJ
    Badge #5625

Life is the souls nursery- its training place for the destinies of eternity.

William M. Thackeray

Originally posted by RoseAnn Weingart
    Very sad story. I hate to hear of things involving children because they are so helpless. I believe any adult consciously or unconsciously, who leaves a car running or keys in the car are open to anything that can possibly occur. Sort of like giving a license to steal. Protecting a child is a big responsibility, and if taken on, should be enforced with every action taken for their safety just as you would your own. Unfortunately, times have changed, and we live in a society of "I'll take what I want, when I want it." So that we need to insure our own safety and not take any risks involving a possible abduction.

Isn't there a law in every state that says you cannot leave children in a running vehicle? Who in their right mind, would do such a thing to a helpless child? I realize there are many factors concerning these issues but It poses many questions to me.

Thanks for sharing the story, and I hope for the childs sake that they find him alive.

This story is so sad. It has to be the best reason to become a private investigator. I honestly do not know how the families survive is this type of crisis. I myself have watched my child like a hawk since the day she was born and every second of her next sixteen years. We are all praying for the family and the investigator.
    Angela Virgo

Hi Sara.

This is a very saddening story. We can only hope that everything turns out for the best.
    Larry Irwin

badge #4018

This is a very sad story. My heart and prayers go out to the family especially the mother. Working in the medical field I can understand her concern for the health and well being of her son, I hope for a fast and safe return.

This is very sad. My heart goes out to the family in there time of need, especially the mother.

The father should still be looked at as a suspect, just because he hired an investigator doesn't mean that he didn't do the crime.

He may have hired someone to take the child, because he was ill and he didn't want to take care of him anymore. (I know this sounds like a movie doesn't it?) There have been instances that individual have tried to mimick something they've seen on TV or in the movies,

This is why you never leave a child alone in a car, when it's running or not. Some people just don't care.

Mary
    I am grandmom's baby

David Copeland is offline Administrator
    Private Investigators Forum

Sponsored by:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Originally posted by Mary Louise Campbell

Mary
    Mary, please check your email address, as all of our email to you is being returned. Email moderator@ipiu.org with a working email so we can update your file.

Thank You Dave

Originally posted by David Copeland
    Mary, please check your email address, as all of our email to you is being returned. Email moderator@ipiu.org with a working email so we can update your file.

Thank you Dave, I didn't know that my mailbox was full. I've notified the moderators and they have taken the necessary step to activate my email notices agains.

Sincerely,

Mary
    I am grandmom's baby

Unhappy My Prayers are with you

This story and many like it have hit me hard each time I read a new one, why can't the people see what they are doing is wrong. Our children are innocent and some are helpless without us to be there for them. I have three children of my own and have raised them alone, I worried about each one each and every minute they were away from me and when they were with me, I cannot picture myself without them. This father needs to be investigated very closely, yes it seems a bit funny he decided to stop communicating with the police in the effort to find his son. That makes me think he did have something to do with the disappearance of his son. But, all channels have to be gone thru in order to find out what happened. I will pray for his safe return to his mother's loving arms and my prayers are with you and your family.

missing boy

It is very sad that in this day and age people are not more carefull. My son is now 19 years old and I still watch him. I credit People magazine for all the stories I read when he was little reminding me not to take my eyes off him for a minute. That's all it takes. As for using the payphone, I have seen may people around here turn the car in the correct direction so they could pull close enough to stay seated in the car and lean out to use the phone. I myself would also be looking at the farther sorry to say.

My prayers go out to the family. Matthew 21:22 says" And all things,whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive."

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family. Has anyone heard anymore about whether they have found the boy or not. Please keep us updated. Thank you.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family.

Patti

This is a sad story, I hope the child is alright and will soon be returned to his mother.

Katrina

You can't leave a small child in the car in Texas with it running it's aganst the law,It would be reckless indangerment of a child.

And in Texas we put more people to death than any other state,Let them come down here and be bad boy's and girl's,we will take care of them,HA HA.

Vickie J LaRue

This story was so very sad. I remember seeing the family on the evening news. To date, I don't believe he has been found.

Cheryl

Hugh Brown Jr is offline Distinguished Member:
    Private Investigator Forum Member Corporate Agency Owner

Professional Member of:
    Thanks for the story Sara.

As a parent i am heartsick for this lady, i could only imagine what she is going through. In the blink of an eye, so many things can happen. I like so many of you will say a prayer for the little boy and whenever i think about it in the future.

George Henderson - is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Professional Management Member of:

Re: Mother of Missing Mo. Boy Seeks Miracle and Hires Private Investigator.

As a follow-up to this case, I located police reports stating that the kidnapping was likely fabricated as a cover-up for murder. The report paints a convincing picture of who did it and why, but police lack the evidence needed for a conviction.

Read the police reports here. Note: Contains disturbing descriptions of child neglect/abuse.

Re: Mother of Missing Mo. Boy Seeks Miracle and Hires Private Investigator.

Mouy heart goes out to you & hope the reason this action has taken place that whom ever or whatever will get found out for the sake of whom really is caretaker for this child & if he has past on Father must have felt he had experienced all he needed & was able to be taken home already, I am sad for us th at it happened,my prayer of comfort goes to all involved