Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Cosmetics Heir Captured by Bounty Hunter

Ann,

I am impressed by your knowledge in both "Bounty Hunter" realms: film history and real life.

Like you, I could watch "Hunter" every time it is on. Steve McQueen was one of my favourite actors (and still is)....
    I remember the bartender, the real Ralph "Papa" Thorson, trying to comfort Steve and the answer: "I came here to drink, not to talk" . I had no idea who was that guy.

Thank you. Please, have also a wanderful week.

B Ann Craig - is offline Administrative Forum Trainer

Sr. Certified Distinguished Member:
    Private Investigators Forum
    Dragos, I'm glad to give you that bit of knowledge. I love learning new information, myself. Yes, the statement by Steve McQueen I remember will.

I know if you have watched him, like I have, you have to love a car chase in a Metallic green, 1968 Mustang Fastback GT 390. I know, you will know what I am talking about? Fantastic show, too! Now to leave you on the edge of your set.

Have a wonderful week. Take care.
    Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves;
    We are his people, and the sheep of his pasture...be thankful unto him, and bless his name. Ps 100

Visit our New Home Page: www.ipiu.org

Ann,

I am delighted commenting Steve McQueen chases . I think you are talking about the "Bullit" chase (again, I am astonished by your outstanding memory.... "metalic green 1968 Mustang Fastback GT 390" !).

Yes, his chases are memorable: those in the corn field and the skyscraper parking (Hunter), escaping the law (Gateway), and enforcing the law (Bullit)... the best one (remember the streets of San Francisco were almost empty, the police guys did not want to take any risk).

Thank you again for offering me this pleasant and unexpected surprise.

Dragos

Dragos, yes, Steve McQueen has the most memorable chase of all times. Good thing the streets of San Francisco were almost empty! The buckling of the setbelts, the lost hubcap, the shifting of the gears, and the sounds of that engine purr. Now, I will have to see these movies again.

Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves;
    We are his people, and the sheep of his pasture...be thankful unto him, and bless his name. Ps 100

Ann,

I am responding a little bit late. The last two weeks I was out of town (actually out of the country).

You was right. Steve McQueen has the most memorable chase, better than any "James Bond" chase. Even the most spectacular chases of the last years (like "Ronin"/Robert de Niro, "The Bourne Identity"/Matt Darmon, etc. , can not reach the peak set by McQueen.

Have a wonderful day.

Dragos, I love all of Robert DeNiro's movies. Yes, that was a good one! I haven't seen the Matt Darmon movie. I will have to watch for it. Thank you for reminding me of these movie.

Ann,

Matt Darmon's movie is a remake after the first "The Bourne Identity" (starring Richard Chamberlain). Both are above average but one of them is better. After watching them maybe we could comment. (I would not like to alter your preferences).

Heve a wonderful week too.

Dragos, I will watch for this movie; and let you know what I think after I watch it. I can't say how soon that will be, though.

Ann,

A Chinese proverb says: "For good things we have all the time in the world".

Have a wonderful week too.

Dragos, thank you. That is a very good proverb.

Originally posted by Kathleen Padgett
    I hope they release the bounty hunter, who seems like he should be rewarded for his efforts, rather than arrested.
    I stayed in Durango, Mexico for about 6 weeks a few years ago and I was able to converse with the US consulate there. He had many stories to share. He said that many policemen in Mexico are corrupt and sometimes arrest Americans just to get paid a ransom to release them. He spoke of one case where a young couple was driving and had an accident. Unfortunately, the driver had been drinking and he was put in prison "for life". After some negotiation through the consulate, they paid the police $400 to release the boy.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the policemen who arrested him were looking for a share of the bounty themselves.

Tina M Phillips Guest

Smile Chapman

Chapman was only doing his job and we all know our jobs take some degree of risk, undo punishment and ridicule.

We all must suffer when doing good be the good will always prevail in the end.

I pray for him and his release.

Tina Phillips

Re: Chapman

Originally posted by Tina M Phillips

Chapman was only doing his job and we all know our jobs take some degree of risk, undo punishment and ridicule...

I pray for him and his release.
    Tina, do you know that:

1. Bounty hunting is considered a crime in Mexico?

2. Duane Chapman was not a legally authorized bail recovery agent when he "took" Luster from a Mexican city?

For a PI , the cold, lucid, and...docummented analysis should prevail over his/her sympathy.

My personal opinion about Chapman is posted at "Chapman 2" topic (same forum).

Michael Harris is offline Lifetime Professional Management Member

Distinguished Insignio Colleague of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    I am disappointed that bounty hunting is illegal in Mexico. I was looking forward to using it as an excuse for a warm vacation.
    Michael E. Harris

Badge #6718

Too funny Michael Not a bad idea, this time of the year either
    Kathie

Badge # 6757

Originally posted by Michael Harris
    I am disappointed that bounty hunting is illegal in Mexico. I was looking forward to using it as an excuse for a warm vacation.
    Michael,

You're back! I was wondering what happened to you. I haven't seen a post from you in awhile.

Welcome back

Michael,

I am so glad meeting you again.

I would recommend to keep an eye on your... driver license if traveling over there. I just had a bad experience, during a "warm vacation".

But "First thing first". Your Pledge needs you. I was going to answer but if you are here, the "command decision" belongs to you.
    Last edited by Dragos Sfinteanu; 12-30-2003 at 04:02 AM.

To All:

I was traveling to Wichita for a consulting job every few weeks. The travel killed me and I had to take a week to recover from each trip.

I still want to be an investigator, but when someone offers you $6K a week to do what is easy for you, how can you say No? Especially when your bank balance is down to two figures.
    Michael E. Harris

Badge #6718

To All:

I was traveling to Wichita for a consulting job every few weeks. The travel killed me and I had to take a week to recover from each trip.

I still want to be an investigator, but when someone offers you $6K a week to do what is easy for you, how can you say No? Especially when your bank balance is down to two figures.
    What kind of consulting job do you have? I would travel to Wichita for 6K.

Ken,

I am a business process engineer. I was streamlining the configuration management processes - specifically, the configuration control board processes - of a manufacturer in the mid-West.

If I told you the details, the country's economy would suffer greatly. In the old days, the final note would have been - "If I told you, I would have to kill you'"

Moderators: Please do not mess with this post.

Michael,

Ah! The old streamlining of configuration control board processes! I configure those in my sleep.

I guess if you can understand what this means, you deserve to make 6K a week. I hope you haven't had to kill many people.

Ken,

I also developed a maturity model for the processes. Check out the SEI CMM/CMMI or the PMI OPM3 to see what these models do for building a world-class organization.
    Michael E. Harris

Badge #6718

By the way, Duane Chapman, the "owner" of the topic, is still in prison? Is there an update of the story?

....Check out the SEI CMM/CMMI or the PMI OPM3 to see what these models do for building a world-class organization.
    MR ducks. CDEDBD ducks? C3PO would be proud.

Ken,

Norm Augustine (former CEO of Lockheed Martin Corporation and former Sec. of the Army) did a study of the use of acronyms in government documents - greater than 50%.

In my world, it is the only way to get across the message in an 8-hour day.

Ah, it used to be that one could say 'It's Greek to me'
    Now one could just say 'It's computereeze to me'
    Michael you are my computer idol.
    Doreen

Doreen,

Oh, you thrill me with talk like that.

OK, here's the latest scoop!

Not to get back on the subject or anything, but there is recent news on Duane "Dog" Chapman. A judge says he can't keep any of the bounty because he broke the law in Mexico. He was called a "vigilante" by the judge. You can read all about it at:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,93899,00.html

Ken,

I think that Duane Chapman has received more than $350,000 in free advertising for his exploits.

The best thing is that the judge did not free Andrew Luster because of this.

Thank you Ken

For getting us 'back on the subject' and for the link.
    Doreen

Doreen,

I assume you have seen how easy it is to get off-topic.

Talking

Constantly Michael.
    Doreen

Doreen,

Now that we are back on the topic, I am glad that Andrew Luster is back serving his 125-year sentence. I would be willing to let him be paroled in 100 years.

Well, only if he was on good behavior.

I wonder how he liked the Mexican jails?
    Doreen

Originally posted by Doreen Payton
    I wonder how he liked the Mexican jails?
    I wonder how he SURVIVED the Mexican jails. I can't imagine they would even as safe as ours and that isn't saying a whole lot.

Mary

Mary/Doreen,

I believe that the Mexican jails, like many in the Mid-East and Eastern Europe have isolated cells and do not let theprisoneres mix like we do in The Yard. If you keep your prisoners confined to their cells almost 24 hours a day, you do not have to pay as many guards to watch the prisoners.

In many of these third-world jails, the families take care of teh prisoners - bring them food, water, medicine, clothing, and blankets.

With money behind you, jail might not be that bad in Mexico.

Just some rambling thoughts.

Tina M Phillips Guest
    Mary/Doreen,

I believe that the Mexican jails, like many in the Mid-East and Eastern Europe have isolated cells and do not let theprisoneres mix like we do in The Yard. If you keep your prisoners confined to their cells almost 24 hours a day, you do not have to pay as many guards to watch the prisoners.

In many of these third-world jails, the families take care of teh prisoners - bring them food, water, medicine, clothing, and blankets.

With money behind you, jail might not be that bad in Mexico.

Just some rambling thoughts.

We love your thoughts. Didn't you know it keeps us coming here day to day, hour after hour!!

Tina,

Please stop feeding my ego.

Though the cells may be isolated and the general population seperate I still wouldn't think that a Mexican jail is up to the level of standards of an heir to such a fortune.
    That is one of life's little ironies that really amuse me.
    Doreen

Doreen,

I have only spent a few hours in jail - in DC - for parking tickets. I think I wrote about that in the forums.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast