Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Have already completed 20 assignments!

Michael Harris is offline Lifetime Professional Management Member

Distinguished Insignio Colleague of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Marisa,

Here's to your success!
    Michael E. Harris

Badge #6718

Michael,

I can hardly wait to finish take the test and post my results!

Now that is definitely something I thought I would never say about any exam!

Thank you for the encouragement!
    "Success lies not in being the best,
    but in doing your best."

--Anonymous

Marisa,

Good luck with your exam We'll look forward to giving you the thumbs up when you receive and post your results.
    Kathie

Badge # 6757

Thumbs up

Kathleen,
    Thank you! I will be mailing it Monday! I hope I do well!
    but in doing your best."

--Anonymous

5. Very Pleased

I'm looking forward to receiving my membership package and I appreciate reading comments like Debra's and everyone else who have positive attitudes toward learning.

Barry,
    Welcome to IPIU!
    but in doing your best."

--Anonymous

Debra,

Posts like that keep us motivated!!!! Keeps our head up when those yellow envelopes never seem arrive. It has been a long time since your original post, how are things going? How many assignments have you completed??? Updates, we all love updates.

Congrats again,

Jeff Shipley

I would be interested in an update as well. I'm waiting for my training manual and cannot wait for my test.

Steve,

I thought that waiting for the manual and test to show up was bad, waiting for the test results is worse.
    Last edited by Michael Harris; 09-10-2003 at 09:58 PM.

Thumbs up IPIU

Maybe I did it all backwards...but I got my certification as a process server in 1999..before I joined in Aug. of this year ....I also served thousands of papers..have alot of stories and tips...and I am proud to be a member and want to help all I can along the way Oh by the way did I mention recieve help also ...i need to work on that

Welcome Mark! I'm sure many members would love to learn from your process serving experiences. When you get level 4 access upgraded, you'll notice there are some forums specific to process serving, in addition to a lot more information that could benefit you in expanding your horizons as well. Best of luck to you and hope to see you active in the forums.
    Kathie

Badge # 6757

Thanks for sharing your good success. I am in the process of doing reading, writing and as soon as my application gets here. I will be waiting with hope for my first assignment.

I already have my license so; I am a step up on that. However, I am a step back on using the computer. I do know Microsoft Word, Excel and some Games. I have surfed the Internet. I have learned more about computers in the last three weeks than I have in my lifetime.

I have met more people on the IPIU in the last three weeks, than I did in three years on the Internet.
    Respectfully

Robert L. Shipley
    Licensed Private Investigator

13. Hello Robert and welcome to IPIU.

I've found that there is so much readying and information available in this forum that it's hard to keep up with. Also, the people on here seem to be very, very nice, helpful and almost family like!!!

I've just submitted my application and eagerly wait.

Good luck!

Hello Barry,

What I find so interesting is that reading a forum over and over you end up picking up new information every time. It also gets easier to remember where to go.

Good luck.

By the way did you make a copy of your drivers license and Private Investigators License and send with your application?

Let know when you get your first assignment and what it is.

Respectfully

Robert L. Shipley

15. Hi Robert:

I did copy my investigator's license and I believe my drivers license. My file is back at my office so now you have me thinking!!??!!! If they asked for it on the sheet then I did. I sent in a packet of information about two weeks ago. I'm doing the anti-piracy on Saturday.. I've done it before and actually made money!!!!

Let me know when you get a reply from IPIU.

Barry

Hello Barry,

Thanks for the information. I am still waiting on my packet.

So in the mean time time I am going back and read forums over and over. I am posting some more too.

Have a good day!!
    Respectfully

Robert L. Shipley

Re: That's Great Debra

Originally posted by Eddie Robertson
    Keep up the good work.

RE:Eddie Robertson

It's good to see another correctional officer in the forum. My name is Marco.Looking for another career as a PI.

I'm glad to hear that everything is going very well for you. It sounds really exciting. I'm glad to know that this works so well even if you have to take your time getting to this point. Thank you for sharing.

Re: Hi Debra

Originally posted by Sacheen Mobley
    Welcome! I have been on this forum since July am also in the process of embarking on a new career. I look forward to the day I can say I have 20 assignments behind me. See you on the boards.
    I am so empowered by your words. I can not wait until I get this stuff down enough to actually know what I am doing. I've only been here a few days and know that I have a lot of training to do. Hey! You are giving me hope.
    Angela Virgo

Re: Re: Hi Debra

Many thanks, Debra, for the encouragement.
    And Angela, it's good to hear from someone as new as me.

Originally posted by Angela Virgo

I am so empowered by your words. I can not wait until I get this stuff down enough to actually know what I am doing. I've only been here a few days and know that I have a lot of training to do. Hey! You are giving me hope.
    Sylvia from Michigan

Angela/Sylvia/Debra/et al,

I came to the IPIU forums looking for technical advice and job leads. I found that plus inspirationa dn encouragement - thank you.
    Michael E. Harris

Badge #6718

Talking

Thank you for the inspiration Deb.

Keep up the good work Debra.
    Larry Irwin

badge #4018

Hi, Debra

I just got my packet, and I can't begin to tell you how glad I am that you started this thread. It's awfully nice to know that there are those at IPIU I can really relate to. Like you, I have my daily responsibilities with family and work: taking care of my 9-year-old son as well as taking care of my students (I'm a music teacher). I've been a little anxious about the timeline from turning in your forms/pics/fingerprints and getting that first assignment, granted you meet all the other requirements in between. From what you've said, I guess that old cliché really, really rings true: Good things do come to those who wait!

Thank you so much, Debra, for sharing your experience with us. Such great hope from so few words...

Hope you enjoy your day...

Yours truly,

Cecilia
    "I am only one, but still I am one; I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do."

Originally posted by Millie Peever:

Wanted to say that I started actually working (jobs) in May, and I have already had 6 assigments. I have had to turn some down.
    Just keep plugging away...My confidence is really at an all-time high and I feel each new "case" is always different and I am learning so much. Hang in there.
    Hi, Millie

I just want to thank you for taking the time to post what you said. Along with Debra and everyone else, you've given me loads of encouragement!

I love this feeling of camaraderie around here.....Y'all are GREAT!!

Yours truly,

Cecilia
    "I am only one, but still I am one; I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do."

Hi Debra: Your a big inspiration for all the new ipiu members like myself. Successfull people like yourself makes this organization a great place to join and start a new career. Good luck with future assignments.
    Gary Harrington

Thumbs up Twenty+ Assignments

Congratulations Debra,

You give us all inspiration. I'm waiting for my manual and test. Hopefully, I'll be working before Christmas.

To work 20 assignments has to be exciting, whatever the job just to gain the experience. I wish you the best of luck. Keep up the good work and keep us newbies abreast of what's going on.

Mary
    Last edited by Mary Louise Campbell -; 11-05-2003 at 02:20 PM.
    I am grandmom's baby

Talking Re: Very Pleased

Originally posted by Barry
    I'm looking forward to receiving my membership package and I appreciate reading comments like Debra's and everyone else who have positive attitudes toward learning.
    Hello Barry
    It's going to be great I just sent in my test and waiting for the results.this is going to be a great career move for me.Good luck on your new P.I. career
    Marco Garza

Twenty assignments must be terrific. I am sort of impatiently awaiting my COE so that I can go on to the next step. Best of luck.

Lightbulb

I only joined a couple of weeks ago. I want my first assignment!!! Congrats on your accomplishments. I'll try not to be so jealous, really, I'm enthused by you.
    Angela Virgo

Great ! I'm getting my friends involved now. Congrats, from Alicia.
    Angela Virgo

Thanks for sharing, Debra! It provides great encouragement to those of us still in the process!

Debra

Thats inspiring news, Debra. What exactly is a server and what did you do on your assignments?
    Regards,
    trenton

Trenton, a server is one who issues an other person a summons to appear in court in response to a legal action.

Server

Server, wow. That sounds interesting. Being a server is something I could certainly do. Thanks.
    Trenton

Congrats Debra, Keep moving towards opening up your own agency.

Just wanted to congratulate you. Keep up the good work. You have given me inspiration.

Thumbs up Received assingments

Well I'm on my way there. I just received 3 referrals in sent them in to get some assingmnents. Boy I can hardly wait.

Marco garza

Marco Keep up the Good Work!!!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast