Thread: Jim Rohn, Honorary Chairman of the Board - IPIU

David Copeland is offline Administrator
    Private Investigators Forum

Sponsored by:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Jim Rohn, Honorary Chairman of the Board - IPIU

Jim Rohn was appointed honorary Chairman of the Board of Directors for the International Private Investigators Union many years ago.

IPIU has endorsed many principles and organizations. Below is an example:

7 Keys to a Flawless Conversation

1. Exude confidence. When you’re comfortable in your own skin, you make others comfortable. If you take the attitude that you bring something to the table, you will see that attitude reflected in others. Remember: Enthusiasm is infectious.

2. Show up with something to say. Always be on the lookout for material. Although it may sound contrived, I read The Wall Street Journal looking for interesting, timely information that I can share at my next get-together: a party, association meeting or business affair. Think about keeping a file that you can review before your next event.

3. Begin with a question. Besides showing interest in someone, one simple question can start an entire conversation. Asking something a bit unusual sets you apart from the crowd. Rather than, “What do you do?” ask, “How do you enjoy spending your weekends?”

4. Find common ground. The surest way to build rapport is to find something you have in common and build on that interest. Don’t shy away from topics that have nothing to do with business. They often create the perfect connection.

5. Focus on others. Putting your energy and interest in another person marks you as a great conversationalist. Englishman Raymond Mortimer once described the art of conversation in the United States as “not tennis, in which you return the other fellow’s serve, but gold, in which you go on hitting your own ball.” Keep that back and forth volley going with conversation.

6. Be inclusive. Excluding others in the group is a conversation killer. Make eye contact with everyone in the group, not just the person who asked you a direct question.

7. Close a conversation with class. When a conversation naturally lulls, take advantage and say, “It’s been a pleasure talking with you. I hope our paths cross again soon.” Before leaving, be sure to thank the hosts.

Ted Menard is offline Private Investigator Forum Member
    Corporate Agency Owner

Member of:

Re: Jim Rohn, Honorary Chairman of the Board - IPIU

....... and the significance of the post is..? I don't get the relationship. Can someone explain it to me please?

Michael Newman is offline Licensed Private Investigator
    Certified

Corporate Agency Associate Member of:

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Menard View Post
    ....... and the significance of the post is..? I don't get the relationship. Can someone explain it to me please?
    Of the few times I have spoken to the IPIU office, the staff does indeed believe and sustain the principles that Mr Copeland outlined. I am grateful to know "who else" was behind the establishing principles IPIU conducts itself.

As for Jim Rohn, I heard him speak during the 90's at various cities across the country, and his message has always resonated.

Michael

Corporate Agency Owner

Member of:

Sorry, but I didn't understand the answer. Were the principles recited in the post attributed to Mr. Rohn? I've never met Mr. Rohn, nor I have any idea what he is noted for during his tender as the chair, (honorary).
    I have not been around that long to know any background behind the posted info as it may relate to me or others. I do understand the information presented, just not the correllation, (sp).
    Thank you , Ted

Donna Reagan is offline Administrator
    Private Investigators Forum

Licensed Private Investigator
    DHS Certified

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Menard View Post
    Were the principles recited in the post attributed to Mr. Rohn? I've never met Mr. Rohn, nor I have any idea what he is noted for during his tender as the chair, (honorary).
    Mr Rohn was chairman of many focus groups, including Success Magazine. The principles cited by David have been a part of the focus groups Mr Rohn was a part of.

Other IPIU administrators have been asked to post a sample segment from the Jim Rohn training series when he taught our original IPIU founders back in the 1980's, which led to IPIU being founded in 1989.

Mr. Rohn teaches in the sample segment below how members of the future IPIU need not worry about how to grow in the future, as long as they have the disciplines to the natural laws, including the principles in "the story of the sower".

Because Mr. Rohn earned his personal fortune (the hard way) in the 50's, 60's, and 70's prior to aiding the IPIU founders, he was able to use his hands-on experience and unique speaking style to advise and teach how every career, profession, and business still requires a complete understanding how we may be tempted to get off course in our pursuits.

Here is the link:

www.ipiu.org//images/web/chairman01.mp4

Donna

Donna Reagan

Corporate Agency Owner

Member of:

Thank you.