Thread: Private Investigator and trainee can get time-sucked each day

David Copeland is offline Administrator
    Private Investigators Forum

Sponsored by:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Private Investigator and trainee can get time-sucked each day

There are 168 hours in every week that are available to you. How do you manage the 168 hours each week?

Off the top:

56 Hours a week for sleeping (8 per day)
    11 Hours per week for eating 3 meals a day
    7 Hours a week for shower or bath
    7 Hours a week for reading a book to improve your life (mental nourishment)
    4 Hours a week for physical nourishment (minimum)
    40 Hours a week, minimum, to earn an income

125 Minimum Hours a week

Leaves 43 extra hours per week, or 184 hrs per month

How do you use the extra hours allotted to you?

Items to consider (if they meet your lifestyle)

• Number of hours per week for wife and children
    • Number of hours per week for church or religion
    • Number of hours per week as a volunteer
    • Number of hours per week to produce more income on the job
    • Number of hours per week for entertainment
    • Number of hours per wee for (you fill in the blank)

Private Investigator and trainee can get time-sucked each day:

1. Surfing the Internet: 27 percent spend between one and two hours a day browsing the Web for links that are not related to private investigations.

2. Watching TV: 26 percent spend between one and two hours a day in front of the television, which may be okay if the "films" are one of the top 100 films known to improve you life in forms of inspiration and discipline.

3. Procrastination: 19 percent spend between one and two hours a day putting things off, which should be limited to 30 minutes of "free time".

4. Meetings: 18 percent spend between one and two hours a day in meetings, which includes social, sidewalk, in-store, or at-friends home conversations.

5. Nonbusiness-related conversations: 16 percent spend between one and two hours a day talking with colleagues about activities other than work, which is way too much.

6. Travel time/commuting: 13 percent spend between one and two hours a day traveling to and from their regular destinations listening to junk radio or talk programs. Best to stick a CD in the car player and get an education or more inspiration or listen to one of the top audio biographies of successful professionals.

7. Social networking: 11 percent spend between one and two hours a day surfing Facebook, Twitter and other social networks. Better ti use this time to choose the Private Investigators Forums or other professional or inspirational sites, especially if you are dedicated church goer.

8. Talking on cellphones/texting: 10 percent spend between one and two hours a day on their cellphone. Silence can be golden to your mind, nerves, and thoughts. Allowing a cell phone to interrupt you when engaged with someone else in a conversation is the top rude in etiquette, bordering on vulgarness. Isolate your cell phone temptation, especially with the new Smart Phones, by using a lap top of desktop for most of your internet business. Do not allow the cell phone to ankle you like a slave in chains.

9. Getting caught up in bureaucracy: 8 percent spend between one and two hours a day fighting through red tape. This can be avoided by using the Private Investigators Forums to learn how to cut red-tape down to a few minutes, instead of a few hours. If you find yourself on the phone for an hour, use a headset and be working on your laptop or desktop while on hold. This allows you to use your time more productively.

Re: Private Investigator and trainee can get time-sucked each day

This is a good reminder for all of us to prioritize our daily schedules. It would benefit us to do a desk audit of where we each individually waste time each day and work on one area at a time. Thanks for the tips.

Danny Guda is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Professional Management Member of:

I agree totally.

this tool will really improve my scheduling or unnecessary leisure...but I often on the dot so far to my goals or plans. although my excuse is circumstance. but still stay active no matter what.. but more of this In our forums is great and very helpful reminders.

thank you and have many great days

dannyguda

Pete Cornejo -- is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of:

Today as I was sitting in my office at work, I was focusing on my work and also realizing that people do spend a large quantity of time communicating. My fellow co-workers were talking about weekend plans and things. Time needs to be spent on productive things in order to achieve success. This article is accurate and really shows how balance is needed in life.