Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Private Investigator Jobs

I do not think so,but check with IPIU

To Whom It May Concern:

Good afternoon! I am too curious and wondering so much, what is going on now that I had to pay IPIU manual book, which I thought I would have a training access with pay/salary?

Where is my trainor (Anna Nicholson-assigned 11-18-2005 on line)? Do I have one in local area? Who is/are my immediate contact from NC?

Well, I am glad and proud to be here in forum site. I do enjoy reading. However, I need to know what's next, and be assigned with pay by summer or whenever it is possible (within next couple months or so).

Do I have to mail that self test from the manual before job assignment? When is suppose to be due? My replies is all about the Quotes. What about all other concerns or credentials as PI (essential requirements)?

Please, if possible forward this also to Debra Collins - whom I initiated for a job opening on line (Job ID#11 posted 11-12- 2005).

Sincerely,
    Luz Murray

Luz,

That is good question, I suggest you contact Team@IPIU.org with your question. Welcome to the union. I think you should continue to learn as possible, and post your questions on the forum, new trainees postings, or the Introduction forum.
    Good luck.

I have the following questions:

1. As a trainee, does that mean working with an agency only, or does it incluse performing jobs such as process serving for law firms and other non-agencies?

2. Please define what agency means and what work will I be doing for them as a trainee.

3. Do I need to complete the IPIU Training Program before working any assignment?

John G - is offline Retired Forum Moderator

Private Investigators Forums
    Sponsored by the International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtis W Smith
    I have the following questions:

1. As a trainee, does that mean working with an agency only, or does it incluse performing jobs such as process serving for law firms and other non-agencies?

2. Please define what agency means and what work will I be doing for them as a trainee.

3. Do I need to complete the IPIU Training Program before working any assignment?
    Hi Curtis.

The only question I can really answer is this: I would complete some form of training before you work a PI Assignment. The open book examination is the standard IPIU uses to see if you can do the job, and when you complete that and reach level 4, then you may work assignments. I wish you luck and success.

P.S. If you haven't already done so, may I encourage you to author an introduction topic in the lounge area? I'd like the chance to welcome you properly, and we'd like to know more about you.

Thanks.
    Johnny

Thanks Johnny

Please see my post to you and everyone else in the Lounge Area.
    Curt

Hi Curtis.

The only question I can really answer is this: I would complete some form of training before you work a PI Assignment. The open book examination is the standard IPIU uses to see if you can do the job, and when you complete that and reach level 4, then you may work assignments. I wish you luck and success.

P.S. If you haven't already done so, may I encourage you to author an introduction topic in the lounge area? I'd like the chance to welcome you properly, and we'd like to know more about you.

Thanks.
    Johnny[/QUOTE]

WUnable to view my posts

hello,
    When I clicked on my name in the current posts, I received a message saying I don't have access to this area. Does anyone know why? Also, I just faxed my IPIU business card info today. How do I find out if it was recieved?
    Thanks,
    Curtis Smith

Lisa Frye - is offline Certified SPI
    Licensed Private Investigator

Moderator (On Leave of Absence)
    Sr. Distinguished Union Member
    hello,
    When I clicked on my name in the current posts, I received a message saying I don't have access to this area. Does anyone know why? Also, I just faxed my IPIU business card info today. How do I find out if it was recieved?
    Thanks,
    Curtis Smith
    Hello Curtis,

Please author yourself an introduction so that moderators may welcome and instruct you. We would like to help you learn to participate and find the answers to your questions throughout the forums.

Please follow this link. http://www.ipiu.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45

Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Lisa

Thanks Lisa

I have already posted an introduction in the "Lounge" area per the prompting of another member. I believe I posted it about 5 days ago.
    Regards,
    Curt

I have already posted an introduction in the "Lounge" area per the prompting of another member. I believe I posted it about 5 days ago.
    Regards,
    Curt
    Curtis,

I have checked your posts and can find no introduction posted. I see that you have posts in the following areas.

Union Association News / Membership Benefits (4 posts)
    Need help with an Investigation (1 post)
    Oath, Covenant, Code of Ethics and Mission Statement (2 posts which are archived periodically, you need only to agree one time)

If I am missing your introduction, I apologize. If not please Tell us about yourself and author an introduction here.

Forum Member Introduction Lounge

Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Lisa

Hi Lisa,
    I think I finally replied to the correct forum location. Check it out!
    Thanks,
    Curt

Rasool D McGee is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    im still looking for my badge I signed the COE and I still haven't received my badge

Quote Originally Posted by Rasool D McGee
    im still looking for my badge I signed the COE and I still haven't received my badge
    Hi Rasool,

FYI ~ When you have QUESTIONS, you should go back to where you posted YOUR intro in the INTRODUCTION FORUM and put your questions there. Someone will then provide the answers you need there.

Hope this helps...

Hi Kandy! I'm Randy and I actually just sent out my application for credentials today (April 25, 2006) and was wondering about the assignments. Obviously I do not have access to the forum but am wanting a little bit of a heads up on how to apply for assignments, etc. Could you tell me how easy it is to get an assignment being a trainee? I do have military police experience, as well as private security. I also am sitting on an offer from a local farmer to head security for his farm and was wondering if you could tell me if that would count towards experience? Please email me at

Randy Kuhlman

[Edited by Moderator: Forum Rules]

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Kuhlman
    Hi Kandy! I'm Randy and I actually just sent out my application for credentials today (April 25, 2006) and was wondering about the assignments. Obviously I do not have access to the forum but am wanting a little bit of a heads up on how to apply for assignments, etc. Could you tell me how easy it is to get an assignment being a trainee? I do have military police experience, as well as private security. I also am sitting on an offer from a local farmer to head security for his farm and was wondering if you could tell me if that would count towards experience? Please email me at

Randy Kuhlman

[Edited by Moderator: Forum Rules]
    Randy,

I edited your post because posting or promotion of contact information requires a free upgrade to your Forum Signature.

Click here for the application details:

http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthread.php?t=19427

Please ask questions you cannot find answers to in your introduction topic so someone can point you in the right direction.

Thank you

Lisa

Quote Originally Posted by Rasool D McGee
    Please author yourself an introduction so that moderators may welcome and instruct you on how to participate and navigate the forums. Others would like to welcome you as well.

New Forum Member Introduction Lounge

Look forward to knowing more about you!

Lisa

Scott;
    First welcome to IPIU
    In regards to the picture ID, if your a AA member, they will do it, or go to anywhere that does passport id's they will be sufficient

Scott;
    First welcome to IPIU
    In regards to the picture ID, if your a AAA member, they will do it, or go to anywhere that does passport id's they will be sufficient

This question is for someone who I know, who's also interested in becoming a private investigator. In Tennessee you have to be 21 years of age or older to obtain a PI license. How old can a person be to join IPIU's training program?

I've been reading but I'm still not sure what I need to do to get into the work. What steps do I need to take in order to get licensed or start working in the field?

Lynne Knight is offline Certified Distinguished Member
    Private Investigators Forum

(Retired Moderator)
    Corporate Agency Member of:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Gagliano
    I've been reading but I'm still not sure what I need to do to get into the work. What steps do I need to take in order to get licensed or start working in the field?
    Hi Nicole - Here's IPIU's link for licensing in Ohio - NICOLE - Click ME!

I hope this helps!

Lynne

This is very good information. I did read through it and wasn't able to find any information as to where to obtain the application so I searched Ohio.gov and was then referred to www.homelandsecurity.ohio.gov where the application can be found. This may be helpful for others in the future. Thanks for your help!

Good job Nicole,
    That's what is great about IPIU's forums. People helping people.
    Craig W. Miller
    Badge#11145

Lynne Knight is offline Certified Distinguished Member

(Retired Moderator)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clifford Holzhauer
    I hope that this is what I needed to do to finally get to work.
    Hi Clifford.
    I need your help with something, if you please. I've been trying to figure out if what you wrote is a statement or a round-a-bout way of asking for help.
    I did a search on your name and the only two posts I can find that you have done, do not include your signing of the OATH, COVENANT, CODE OF ETHICS, and Mission Statement Agreement. If you have not done so yet, then please go here - OATH, COVENANT, CODE OF ETHICS, and Mission Statement Agreement.
    Also, if you haven't done so yet - please go here and read the Newcomer's instructions - NEWCOMERS - CLICK HERE FIRST. Another one to be sure to read is RULES & TIPS FOR POSTING IN THIS FORUM. I hope this links will answer some questions for you.

Once you have authored your own Introduction, (help for doing this will be in the links I have posted for you to read), you'll find lots of friendly people to welcome you here and help you with any questions that may remain. Feel free to read the introductions of other members as well.

I hope all is going well for you here at IPIU and if you DO have any more questions or comments, I'll help you if I can.

All the best to you.

Sincerely,
    Lynne

Rasool D McGee is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of:

Re: Requirements: Private Investigator Trainees

[QUOTE=Sandra R McGeorge]Hi Rasool,

FYI ~ When you have QUESTIONS, you should go back to where you posted YOUR intro in the INTRODUCTION FORUM and put your questions there. Someone will then provide the answers you need there.

Hope this helps...
    [/QUO

I want to take this oppurtunity to thank you for adressing me to tell me where my questions need to be thank you for helping me and I hope you have a blessed day

I also would like to thank you for the reafformation of placement of questions.

I have a ton of questions but I rather wait until I receive all of my materials and talk one on one with an experienced PI.

Jack Campbell is offline Sr. Moderator (On Leave of Absence)

Sr. Distinguished Member:

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Leon
    I have a ton of questions but I rather wait until I receive all of my materials and talk one on one with an experienced PI.
    Nicole,

Any questions you have can be posted in your Introduction Topic. Once posted there, Moderators and Administrators will be by to assist you.

Actually my questions would never make it in the public discussion forums. They are more indepth and would require someone who is in the field to answer them. It is Level 4 type of stuff, that I have not reached that level quite yet.

Thanks though!

Clara Johnson is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of:

Talking Re: Requirements: Private Investigator Trainees

Can you become a Bail Bondsmen,in Private Investigator
    Training ? If you can, I would like to become one.
    Clara J.

Adelaida B Cucuta - is offline Certified SPI

Private Investigator Union Member of IPIU
    Licensed Private Investigator (CC2800463)

I am a bit confused. I spoke to a PI and he said that in the state of Florida, I can not have a badge that says private investigator case examiner because I am not a licensed pi and he said that I can get fined for that. He also said in the state of Florida, you can not work as an independent contractor if you are not a pi. Can you shed some light to this? cause above all I am learning and loving it.

Badge 11573

Robert Munson is offline **

Distinguished Member - Private Investigators Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Adelaida B Cucuta View Post
    I am a bit confused. I spoke to a PI and he said that in the state of Florida, I can not have a badge that says private investigator case examiner because I am not a licensed pi and he said that I can get fined for that. He also said in the state of Florida, you can not work as an independent contractor if you are not a pi. Can you shed some light to this? cause above all I am learning and loving it.

Badge 11573
    I would suggest you read the following thread on Florida and Badge use. http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6229

If that does not answer your question I would suggest you post your question there.

David Copeland is offline Administrator

Sponsored by:

Quote Originally Posted by Adelaida B Cucuta View Post
    He also said in the state of Florida, you can not work as an independent contractor if you are not a pi.
    I am not sure if the licensed PI has your best interests in mind. He/she sounds like they may have been a cop and never had to read the full statutes because they were just given they PI License with little or no reading.

There are FIFTEEN (15) types of cases and assignments that are EXEMPT from having a state PI License.

Read and print the following statute link:
    http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12781

PLUS, there is no mention anywhere in the Florida statutes that say you cannot work as a Case Examiner.

Be careful who you share your dream with.

I also suggest you apply for your own PI Agency Corporation License through our exclusive Colorado Program.

Read this:
    http://www.privateinvestigators.cc/p...oducts_id=1584

This will allow you to lawfully advertise both regulated and unregulated cases through your headquarters in Colorado, and then assign out the cases nationwide to other licensed PI's and case examiners. With a Management Membership, you get the all important free Business Cards which will show evidence to future licensed PI's that you have a lawful PI Agency Corporation License.

Nelson Ortiz-Bruno - is offline Lifetime Professional Management Member

ATT: Tim, I sent the fax as you requested of the test I took on Apr. 26 2008.

THANK YOU!!!!

Hi, I am wondering where do i view my test score?
    I thought it would go to my e mail at yahoo. please let me know.

Thanx!:
    Antoinette R

I truly do not know, I had problems with the e-mail when I sent my test, so I had too fax it and I have'nt recieved my score jet.

But do you know if they are going to send us test scores via our e mail address?

Antoinette R

Quote Originally Posted by Antoinette Y Roybal View Post
    But do you know if they are going to send us test scores via our e mail address?

Antoinette R
    TESTS ARE ONLY GRADED ON WEDNESDAYS, not every day. If your test was received before Wednesday of any week, expect an email of your results either Wednesday evening or Thursday. If no Test Results by Friday, then click on the CONTACT US link at the bottom of any forum page.

I would also like to add that depending on the number of test received in a given week and other events, some test may fall to the next week. It is not the normal sequence but does happy on occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Theresa Bates View Post
    Iam Having Problems On Trying To Get The Test Can I Get Some Help
    What are the problems? Help is available just tell us what you need.

I recieved my test scores an I was very happy. I had e-mailed my test before and they got lost in the system, so I had too fax them.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast