Thread: Missing city man found dead in trunk of car

Liz Mason - is offline Private Investigator Forum Member
    Sponsored by:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Blog Entries

Missing city man found dead in trunk of car

This news just goes to prove how ever vigilant we all must be in our daily lives & especially for those who are involved in Process Service. Everyone, I beg of you to please be on your toes at all times and stay alert to your surroundings.

A missing Harrisonburg man who worked as a private investigator was found shot in the trunk of his car March 6 in the Valley Mall parking lot.
    Police are treating the death of Arthur Gregory Brown, 50, as a homicide, according to Mary-Hope Vass, spokeswoman for the Harrisonburg Police Department.
    Sources close to the investigation say Brown was shot sometime after he was scheduled to serve divorce papers to Ali Bbid, 49, of Weyers Cave. It’s unclear where the shooting took place.
    Brown, who owned Argus Investigative Services in Harrisonburg, was reported missing by his family Thursday, the same day he was going to serve Abid with the legal documents.
    Harrisonburg police say Abid was the last person “in contact” with Brown and he\'s a possible suspect in the private investigator\'s death.
    Abid has a concealed weapons permit, according to documents filed in Augusta County Circuit Court.
    A press release sent out by the Harrisonburg Police Department on Saturday said Abid could possibly be in the Dulles International Airport area. Sources say Abid is no longer in the U.S., but it’s unclear what country he is in.
    Abid is facing both financial and marital problems, according to documents filed in Augusta and Rockingham county circuit courts.
    Abid’s wife, Margot Kons, filed for divorce Feb. 18 in Augusta County Circuit Court.
    Abid, who owned Aspen Industries in Harrisonburg, had a default judgment filed against him in December 2009 by American Express, which claimed he defaulted on his $22,000 credit card balance.
    In October 2009, Huntington National Bank filed a lawsuit in Rockingham County Circuit Court claiming that Abid and Aspen Industries defaulted on a loan for the company\'s 2008 GMC Yukon. The remaining balance was for more than $44,000. That case remains active.
    This came through to me by Google Alerts, to which I am subscribed.

www.rocktownweekly.com/rocktown/news_details.php?AID=4243&page=7%20Days

Lonnie Fentress is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

2008 - 2011 Member of:

Re: Missing city man found dead in trunk of car

That tell how on point we always have to be to insure our safety and the safety of others.

Kim Collins - is offline Lifetime Corporation Member

* Certified SPI
    Corporate Agency Member of:

As I read more and more about process servers and the dangers. It makes me as a female afraid to even think of going this route as a new trainee.
    Thanks for he article tho.

Donna Reagan is offline Administrator
    Private Investigators Forum

Licensed Private Investigator
    DHS Certified

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Collins View Post
    As I read more and more about process servers and the dangers. It makes me as a female afraid to even think of going this route as a new trainee.
    Thanks for he article tho.
    I had the same concerns. When I first started with short integrity investigative cases, I did about 8 per day and it took me all over the place. But I chose to only do daytime cases, especially after 9am when most of the crazies are asleep. I also chose which cases and which neighborhoods to do. Because all of the cases are undercover, I was able to play the role of being a "ghost" in public and not draw attention to myself.

As an example (St Louis), we can look at the crime rate in nearby cities at http://www.city-data.com/crime/, especially here: http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime...-Missouri.html

In the city map above the high crime portion is colored red, and the low crime rates are lighter colors. But the majority of all crimes are committed after the evening starts. Daytime is lower crime. By driving around during the day, we can see the mix of races. I stay away from areas where I look out of place, but there are plenty of areas where all races are accepted and there is very low crime.

Here is another St Louis map that can be changed to see where the majority of each race lives: http://www.city-data.com/city/St.-Louis-Missouri.html

But in the end, no agency is going to offer you a case in a high crime area. I remember when Watts, California burned to the ground. Integrity investigation cases are almost always based on high commerce areas of a city where national companies, like Walmart and others, are included in the area. Watts, California happened in the 1960's and today the city still cannot attract large commerce. The citizens of Watts need to go into another city to buy groceries, clothing, nearly everything. For me, I go where the commerce is during day hours and I have never had a problem.

Be smart, and you will always be safe in helping those who need you.

Donna

Donna Reagan

Marcus Fletcher is offline Lifetime Professional Management Member

Corporate Agency Member of:

Always be alert