Thread: COMPLETE WEBSITE HOSTING & EXPANDED SERVICES FOR Private Investigators!

Donna Reagan is offline Administrator
    Private Investigators Forum

Licensed Private Investigator
    DHS Certified

COMPLETE WEBSITE HOSTING & EXPANDED SERVICES FOR Private Investigators!

SAMPLE PI SITES:

www.taskforceinvestigations.com

www.fentressinvestigations.com

www.interpolinvestigativeservices.com

www.privateinvestigator.mx

www.embassyunit.com

www.lawoffices.cc

www.pitbull-bea.com

www.gryderexpress.com

www.ginstel.com

IPIU offers over sixty (60) different web service products to private investigators wishing to maximize their professional agency or career, but protect their personal identity and assets from unwanted lurkers.

The pricing structure is unbeatable for private investigator members of IPIU (who receive additional benefits not advertised on the public site).

In order to see and browse the full catalog of exciting services, you need to first CREATE A FREE ACCOUNT at the following web link:

www.privateinvestigatorhosting.com

Then write down your new ACCOUNT ID NUMBER, which will be asked of you when calling our new 24 hour web support number.

If you have any other questions, please post them in this topic.

Thank you,

Donna

Donna Reagan
    Licensed Private Investigator
    DHS Certified

START WITH TRUST
    When you see the Better Business Bureau Seal, it means the
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU) has agreed to:

TELL THE TRUTH, KEEP ITS PROMISES, BE RESPONSIVE
    www.ipiu.org | IPIU Web Store
    Official BBB Accreditation Link | Contact IPIU
    Founded in 1989 - Celebrating our 32nd Year Serving 48,373 Members

CONTACT LINK HERE TO JOIN IPIU

John Sanderson is offline Lifetime Member

Corporate Agency Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Re: COMPLETE WEBSITE HOSTING & EXPANDED SERVICES FOR Private Investigators!

Donna,

I was just squeezing my brain trying to figure out where I had seen the link to the new hosting site. Thank-you for opening a thread to discuss this service with such INCREDIBLE pricing.

As you know, my agency has been paying upwards of $25-30 per month for hosting service that leaves much to be desired. I also manage a web site for another company with the same web host at a similar price.

By moving the site I manage for someone else, under the PI Hosting I can double my profits every month. This and my agency site is what brings my inquiries here to you.

For both websites, I am interested in the Premium 999 Page Web Site but I have the following questions (some questions I know the answer to, but will ask for the benefit of members reading this):

• Can I keep my current web addresses when I move the sites under the new hosting?
    • Does the Premium Web Site have an easy to use control panel to use when creating the web sites?
    • Can I use Paypal to collect retainers on the site without an upgrade? (if not how much is the upgrade?)
    • Regarding the 1000 e-mails included, are they web-mail boxes or forwarders? (either will work for me)
    • What is; MySQL Databases?
    • Is there a difference between the Ultimate Hosting Plan and the Premium 999 Page Website?
    • I read somewhere Forums are available but cannot find the page, is this available with the site purchase, or is it an upgrade? (A private on-line forum would be great for completing interstate cases with lasting records)
    • Does a SSL certificate protect the whole site?

I'm sorry to bombard you with questions, and understand if it takes a little time to answer them all.

Thank-you very much for your assistance.

John

Alain Disse is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Professional Management Member of:

Hello Donna & John ( and the others ... )

That's Great !!!

As John, I am "also" on another web site ... Google-sites - ok it's free, easy to use, but I do not know if it's working in "all security" ( Spy ? - Spam ? ... ) and there is no place for a "forum" ( or I did not see it ... )

My site is more a "tool" for P.I. then something else, a site with lot of interesting research links ...
    In fact, I work with 3 "all public" sites : a "home page", a "demo" and an "asking access" page ...
    But the "real" site is somewhere else and "only for authorised members" . Actually, the access to the "working site" is free ...
    I was thinking about creating "subsicriptions" ... with a small bill
    Actually, all is in French, but the translation will be easy. Only the "General Conditions" will take more time for a translation.

If the IPIU "www.privateinvestigatorhosting.com" is as easy to use as the Google site, ... ( and with Google Analytics )
    With more securities, controls, ... and for such a price !!! it's "given" ...

If you want to see my "private" site, send me a E-Mail ... - a G-Mail account is needed ... ( Google => connexion => create New Account => .... E-mail address and password ... Ok ... I f you are on a "public computer" attention at the small case "Stay connected" - disconnect after use ... )
    For the access to my site, you must first log into your G-Mail Account ... else ...Out - no access lol
    Thus, your E-Mail must contain the G-Mail address ... I will send you the link ( after encoding your G-Mail ... )

Then, I will be waiting after your comments ...

And I have "other things" to show ...

Best Regards - Michel

• Economy: From $3.99 to $4.99 per month
    • Deluxe: From $6.99 to $8.99 per month
    • Premium: From $12.99 per month

Quote Originally Posted by John Sanderson View Post

For both websites, I am interested in the Premium 999 Page Web Site
    That is a great package, comes with enormous point and click tools to build just about anything you desire.

• Can I keep my current web addresses when I move the sites under the new hosting?
    Yes, but some web sites charge you to take your domain name elsewhere.

You can also request IPIU to make the transfer to the union's account, and then you will get a better lower discounted annual cost for the domain name and not have to worry about maintaining it.

• Does the Premium Web Site have an easy to use control panel to use when creating the web sites?
    Absolutely. Point, click, choose, and copy and paste your custom text into each page section. We also include ready-to-use various industry templates already set up to launch an immediate site, which can be modified anytime later, plus a new 24 hour web hosting support.

• Can I use Paypal to collect retainers on the site without an upgrade? (if not how much is the upgrade?)
    Yes, you can use your FREE Paypal Account. Once you have have your website up and running, you can add a FREE PayPay link for your customers to pay for services through PayPal.

Or, for an extra $20 a month you can add on a full credit card module to accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express which can support an online store at your site.

• Regarding the 1000 e-mails included, are they web-mail boxes or forwarders? (either will work for me)
    You will have 1000 separate email accounts to distribute to your investigators. You will also have unlimited email forwarders.

• What is; MySQL Databases?
    Whenever data is stored on your web site, in order to pull the data up so the viewer can see the data (whether a forum page like our forum, or other stored databases), the database is subject to how much performance resources are available. IPIU's PI Forums require more performance than most because of the near half-million discussions we have. But for the most part, you can start out small on the performance and add more as your site requires more.

See this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MySQL

• Is there a difference between the Ultimate Hosting Plan and the Premium 999 Page Website?
    The Ultimate Plan is good if you are using an outside Web Design Program to build your entire site, or if you know how to use html code. A free web site application, such as WordPress, can also be used to built your web site, but even WordPress has limitations that need a go-around. For the extra dollar or so per month, the PREMIUM PLAN is so easy that even professionals prefer to use it. Plus, if you are ever in a position to teach or train someone else that has a web site at IPIU, then you will be able to help them much easier because of the tools available.
    • I read somewhere Forums are available but cannot find the page, is this available with the site purchase, or is it an upgrade? (A private on-line forum would be great for completing interstate cases with lasting records)
    Forums are a free add-on feature.

• Does a SSL certificate protect the whole site?
    It can, but there may be some issues with promoting your home page and other pages where you do not want the page secured. General web pages are http://www. while secured pages are https://www.

When you get your SSL, it should be used when a customer starts the CHECKOUT process of entering their credit card.

To other members:

For the Premium Plan:
    1. Go to www.privateinvestigatorhosting.com
    2. Click on the Menu Tab titled BUILD A WEBSITE
    3. From the drop down, choose WebSite Tonight

For Credit Card:
    1. Click on the Menu Tab titled MARKETING TOOLS
    2. Choose Merchant Accounts

Hello ...

I just have beginnig that adventure ... lol
    At Everybody, let me the time before asking me questions ...
    But, at the first "look" , all is "correct" ( easy to understand and completing what is needed ... )

At "Admin, Legal, Moderators,..." big idea ...

Allez les copains, bonne soirée et A+ lol

Greetings,

I would like to start the transfer of www.taskforceinvestigations.com to the IPIU's new web hosting service. I would like to start this today, although I understand if there is a delayed response to this message, considering this is a holiday.

Could someone tell me how I would start the transfer, and what on my end needs to be done?

Thank-you.

John

Hi John,

I personnally, had no problems ... My "normal" Web Site is a "Google/Site" ( and free ) - From the Hosting Service, I took "only" the first option, and the links are "redirected" to my google/site .
    OK I have changed the addresses, but, it's working correctly.

It was as "easy" as a "copy/paste" ... The free Google Site is always "working, but it has another "name" ( twoo links in fact : the "original" link and the new with the Hosting Service. )

I am NOT a WebMaster ... no diplomas in informatic ... only "self-learning" ...

John, If you have somebody "more expert" than me, he will copy the "code" ( listing ) from your "old" web site and paste into the new one ...

Think that it is "easy" - explanations : your computer has Hard drives, DVD-drives, ... all of them have a "letter" c:>, d:>, ...
    When you download the "good" program, your new Web site can appear as a new Reader/Writer ( z:> ) ...

And from "there", you can "upload" from your P.C. to the Web site ...
    There are free programs able to do that ... - Else, you must program the new site ... ( )

For info, a google/site does not give all what you "can" need ... but it's free ...

With the first computers, I had programmed in "Basic" ( GW-Basic, Turbo-Basic, ... ) but I am not able to create an Apache or HTML program ... But I can "read" them and understand what they are doing ...
    I can "maybe" help you, but I am NOT a "pro" in that domain ...

Among all the I.P.I.U. members, there is maybe somebody more experienced than me ...

John, actually, I can not help you "more" ... If you find "nobody else" to help you, ... I will try - "no" problems

Bye & @ next ...

Greetings,

I would like to start the transfer of www.taskforceinvestigations.com to the IPIU's new web hosting service. I would like to start this today
    John, I have posted a confidential instruction to you in the following link:
    http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthrea...d=1#post511665

Brad
    Brad Foster
    IPIU Support

START WITH TRUST

BBB A+ Rating Link | Contact IPIU
    Founded in 1989 - Celebrating our 28th Year Serving 47,932 Members
    CALL IPIU TODAY TO JOIN: 406-534-0251

Thank-you Michel.

I was using an easy to use website builder and was very happy with the services. However, the IPIU now offers the same services I was getting with my original web host, but with a whole lot more options for a lower price.

I am not very good at technical computer writing or computer programming, so I like the website creation for dummies approach, wherein a site builder has an easy to use control panel.

Besides, I cannot even fathom why someone would pay over $1,000.00 to create a website, then charge again to update it or edit it. I would rather pay a nominal monthly fee, such as the IPIU offers to be in complete control of the site.

A BIG contributing factor in deciding to transfer our web site was the unlimited web-mail accounts.

---------------------------

Brad,

I've replied and begun the process. Thank-you

Joseph Langevin is offline Licensed Private Investigator
    Private Investigator Forum Member

2010 - 2011 Professional Management Member of:

Hi Donna
    I would like some additional information about the web hosting. I would like to keep the home page as set up by IPIU and just add more personalized information about my corporation.

Thank you in advance
    Joe
    Joseph A. Langevin, President
    Full Spectrum Forensic Investigations Inc
    New York State, USA

http://www.full.spectrum.pi-agency.us/
    joseph.langevin@pi-agency.us

WOW Guys (and gals)!!!

My site transfer has been completed and I am in my control panel playing around, and all I can say is WOW! There are at least 200% of the features I had with my other host, for about a third of what I was paying with my previous server! I am floored!

I'll post more about it when I get over the initial shock!

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Langevin View Post
    Hi Donna
    I would like some additional information about the web hosting. I would like to keep the home page as set up by IPIU and just add more personalized information about my corporation.

Thank you in advance
    Joe
    Joe, go to the CONTACT US link at the bottom of any forum page, and select the email option titled "Web Page Requests". Then type in the changes you want to add.

Patricia Monroe

START WITH TRUST

BBB A+ Rating Link | Contact IPIU
    Founded in 1989 - Celebrating our 21st Year Serving 41,932 Members
    CALL IPIU TODAY TO JOIN: 800-548-1526

WOW Guys (and gals)!!!

My site transfer has been completed and I am in my control panel playing around, and all I can say is WOW! There are at least 200% of the features I had with my other host, for about a third of what I was paying with my previous server! I am floored!

I'll post more about it when I get over the initial shock!
    We are excited for you, too, John. Saving a LOT of money each month, PLUS getting so many neat features to play with, to add, to explore. And all just point and click.

Wait until after you are finished and start looking at the MARKETING options to get clients to come to your site, plus mass email promotions, your own PI Store if you wish for services and products.

Have fun tonight!~

Look Ms. Monroe,

I didn't expect to be able to lock certain pages and allow people access with a user name and password, get an SSL certificate to protect them, add a forum and so many other features I am still playing with to figure out.

With my last provider, I had to pay extra to add customized contact forms, add html code, to add an unsecured blog, add e-mail addresses and more, laving me paying nearly $27 per month. Now I get it for under $13, with the privacy ability I had been begging my last provider to offer!

I'm just going to stop posting here for a while, I must sound like a little kid. lol