Recently I had the pleasure of taking the dogs for a walk and I ran into a neighbor who quickly asked if I had my power box locked on the side of my house? Hmmm no, I don’t think so, why do you ask?

He continued to tell me about a sudden power outage at his home early in the evening, he looked outside and noticed the power was on at the houses down the street. Confused, he went for a flashlight from the garage and he heard someone outside where the power box is located.

He immediately contacted the police, who arrived 15 minutes later and found that someone had tripped the main power switch to the house. One flip and viola, power restored. He secured his power box with a pad lock and went back inside thinking not much more of the incident until the next day.

The same night in another Sub Division a single mother was home and her power went out, when she went to check the box two males forced themselves inside and stole money and jewelry from her after locking her in a bathroom.

If this happens to you and you can not visually check the area from inside the house, call the police and wait for them to arrive. Please share this with your family and friends and have them lock any outside power boxes to prevent tampering.