Thread: The Brotherhood of IPIU

John Sanderson is offline Lifetime Member

Corporate Agency Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Cool The Brotherhood of IPIU

I considered joining the International Private Investigators Union for almost 7 years, wondering if it was the real deal. I visited the site from time to time and thought about what it would be like to be a Private Investigator.

In Dec. of 2008 I finally applied for a free password.

I recieved an invitation to participate in a nationwide investigation. I was shocked. I didn't end up getting in though because I didn't read all of the instructions explicitly describing how to accept the assignment and be put on the list of participants. (My advise on that is for you to read every word very carefully).

Even though it was my fault, the assignment manager for that company guided me through the sign up. I have now participated in two national investigations and have another tonight. It is an incredible feeling knowing what I'm doing, when everyone I encounter on the streets have no idea who I am or why I'm there. I love undercover work.

From the time that I got my free password to now, the IPIU staff, such as Agent Relations, Legal Affairs, Moderators, Assignment Managers, fellow PIs, and anyone else seeing a question I'd posted, all responded with helpful information.

For example, I recently found myself on the wrong end of a civil Infraction in my state. I don't feel comfortable naming names in the level 1 section of this forum but this is what happened...

With my problem at hand, I e-mailed a few "union brothers" and all answered with sound legal advise at no charge, simply because I was a union brother known for being helpful and honest in a positive way.

I am greatful to whoever started this union.

Due to my experiences I would like to make the following declarations...

1. When training, you have a department in the union that will help.

2. If your having trouble with downloading information from this site, Technical Support will help.

3. If you are having trouble understanding anything in the forums, tour the IPIU family for help, including the tech dept, education dept, agent relations, moderators, distinguished members, assignment managers and the entire community of the IPIU.

4. The IPIU will help you open your own corporation, including licensing, and incorporation.

The IPIU is by no means a fly-by-night operation. If you take it seriously, and honor your code, you'll be accepted by others as a union family member. With this in mind, you'll never have an unanswered question or feel left in the dark.

After I'd downloaded the free manuals in level 3, I read them and studied them. I now feel a whole lot more confident in my new profession. I have learned things I never knew were possible.

I emplore anyone considering membership to go with the Management Membership. I am a management member, and this is what was included:

• FREE PI Business Cards or PI Book of the Year (Your choice)
    • FREE Personalized PI Web Page & PI email for your career
    • FREE PI Cash Coupons - worth up to 45% Off for PI items (a $1000 Value)
    • FREE Educational Cash Grants for selected Advance Tuitions
    • FREE 3rd-Party Certification of earned hours for PI licensing applications
    • FREE Private Investigator Photo Credentials Application with $10 Off coupon
    • FREE PI Toll Free Phone Number Set-up for your clients (a $50 value)
    • FREE Daily and Weekly PI assignment & employment openings *
    • FREE PI Passcode Access to 100+ endorsed firms who are hiring for your local territory *
    • FREE PI & Security subscriptions to related magazines and journals
    • FREE PI Client Referrals
    • FREE Online Private Investigator Training Manual
    • FREE Online Advanced Training Manual
    • FREE PI Training Examinations and Certificates
    • FREE Private Investigator Book Titles online
    • FREE Continuing Education
    • FREE Legal & Licensing Updates and Amendments
    • FREE PI Passcode to over 300 private forums
    • FREE Federal-Civil Piracy Investigator Training, Certification, and jobs *
    • FREE PI agency employment introductions & referrals *
    • SAVE $50 OFF by renewing 3 months early next year for only $99.99 using the early-bird discount email! (This feature makes the Professional Plan the same renewal cost as the Economy Plan)
    * (Private Investigators Union Photo Credentials or PI License Required)
    I apologize if some of this message is not in the correct order, but I wanted to put raw thoughts and feelings in this forum without editing, so that the persons reading this for the first time can feel like they're getting 100% honest and direct information.

If you have any questions for me, type them below. I am alerted by e-mail whenever someone replys to my forums.

Good luck and God bless
    Best Wishes
    John Sanderson

Lynne Knight is offline Certified Distinguished Member
    Private Investigators Forum

(Retired Moderator)

Re: The Brotherhood of IPIU

Wow! John ~ thank you for posting your facts and heartfelt feelings.

Your very candid post will hopefully encourage others who might be "on the fence" about joining.

You've undoubtedly helped many others to feel comfortable among their brothers and sisters who will be here to help them as well.

Thanks again for taking the time.

Best regards and wishes for continuing success to you.

Sincerely,

~ Lynne ~

I just noticed that I didn't include union sisters in my post.
    I would like to add that at least half the support I've recieved, has been from my union sisters.
    I will refer to union brothers and sisters as Union Family in the future, to avoid the gender line.
    I don't want anyone who has assisted me to feel i've left them out.
    John Sanderson
    Badge # 8094

Well, John, I'm glad after seven years you figured out IPIU was good to go. Looks like I got six more years myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Najera View Post
    Well, John, I'm glad after seven years you figured out IPIU was good to go. Looks like I got six more years myself.
    Six years of what?

Yes, it is by far the best decision I've made in quite some time. I love every second I have the privilage of knowing I belong to such a large family of investigators willing to help with info and advise when I ask.
    Daniel, what is SPI? I that you have been certified. Also, could you share something that stands out in your mind, as far as the subject of brotherhood within the union? Maybe something you needed help with, in which you recieved above average assistance, or someone who has taken you under there wing when you joined?
    John Sanderson

Donna Reagan is offline Administrator

Licensed Private Investigator
    DHS Certified

Quote Originally Posted by John Sanderson View Post
    Daniel, what is SPI? I that you have been certified.
    Daniel is a Certified Signal Piracy Investigator (SPI), which relates to his federal civil anti-piracy cases.

Donna

Donna Reagan
    DHS Certified

START WITH TRUST
    When you see the Better Business Bureau Seal, it means the
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU) has agreed to:

TELL THE TRUTH, KEEP ITS PROMISES, BE RESPONSIVE
    www.ipiu.org | IPIU Web Store
    Official BBB Accreditation Link | Contact IPIU
    Founded in 1989 - Celebrating our 32nd Year Serving 48,373 Members

CONTACT LINK HERE TO JOIN IPIU

Thanks again Donna.

To all visitors;
    please notice the persons listed above and their stattus within the union.
    These are names you'll see a lot.
    These are just some of the union family members who are serious about helping us newcommers become a success.

I have to say that I am honored that this thread has been included in the main page of www.ipiu.org .

John Sanderson

I want to add to post #1, in this thread.

As I progressed through all that IPIU has to offer, I met someone new, every time I have questions and concerns. The moral support continues to remain nothing less then outstanding.

As I'm sure you see in my title, I am now a Corporation Owner, and could not be more at ease.

I am now CEO of my very own PI corporation, and can say first hand that IPIU has done far more then live up to their word.

I continue to be incredibly greatful for the support, and advise from the administrators.

No matter the situation you're in, I feel that if your interested in breaking into this field, we can help you find a way.

IPIU also has a Bounty Hunter certification course which I have purchased, and intend to complete.

All the best to my current and future IPIU family.
    John Sanderson

Task Force Investigations
    Logistics Department

Jerome O Isaac-- is offline Sr. Distinguished Member:

2007 Honorary Ambassador of Good Will

Greetings John, How are you doing? I hope you're well and doing fine. It's nice hearing from you always.

I'm happy to hear that you're enjoying all that IPIU has too and offered you since joining, thanks for sharing your testimonial here with us and with those new to the profession, we wish you all the best on your journey.

Have a great day.

Thank-you Jerome,

It is members like you that make this Union successful, and thriving.

I must admit that I have been kicking myself for waiting so long to join.

John Sanderson

Jerome O Isaac-- is offline Sr. Distinguished Member:

2007 Honorary Ambassador of Good Will

Greetings John, its nice to see you smile now that all your hard work is paying off, great job!

Quote Originally Posted by John Sanderson View Post
    It is members like you that make this Union successful, and thriving.
    Well, I'll have to disagree but I'm just a greeter. I will say, that, the big credit goes to the people that keep the forum Safe and running smoothly are far more deserving than me, we show always thank them for their hard work, time and commitment.

You got to let me know how thats done, seems like I could never do this alone.

PS: thanks just the same and that for this testimonal.

Have a great day.

You got to let me know how thats done, seems like I could never do this alone.
    It's my pleasure to be of assistance.
    That's what this thread is all about, Brotherhood!

It's easy!
    1. Pick a leg. (not both, you'll fall down!)
    2. Keeping the leg straight, swing the leg forward.
    3. When the leg has reached 14 inches from the ground, allow it to gain momentum on the way down.
    4. Allow the leg to pass beneath you, while bending at the knee, as if you were swinging your foot.
    5. Allow your foot to make contact.

Disclaimer; Practice this a few times, with very little speed and momentum.
    As you become comfortable with the motion, begin increasing your speed until you have achieved
    a desireable velocity for the optimal kick. Don't start to fast, results and satisfaction may vary.
    Satisfaction Guarenteed!

Jerome,

Did the instructions I offered above yield desirable results? (:snicker)

Liz Mason - is offline Private Investigator Forum Member
    Sponsored by:
    Blog Entries

Hi John, wow that is a true testament. I took my training in the field back in 1990, completed and was awarded my certificate and badge, which I had to purchase (the Badge that is) and I used my talents for doing missing persons, deadbeat parents, domestic violence, sexual assault cases and court advocacy. It is truly rewarding when you can help even 1 person. I was awarded a Hometown Hero award because one of my clients wrote in to say that her life was saved all due to my efforts. I was and actually still am on cloud 9. Sometimes all it takes is one and the dominoes start to fall. I really wished that I would have had someone who would have taken me under their wings and TGIF'd me, which means Teach, Guide, Inform and Fun, but that was not the case, I more or less had to use the training I had received to do my job. I have to say though, to me it does not matter how much training or education one has, if you don't have the inner desire and stay focused on the case at hand, the training and education is somewhat useless. You really have to combine all into the package in order to get results.

Once a Private Investigator has the desire and initiative in their blood, there is nothing that will remove it. It stays with you until the day your toes are turned upwards and you go to your higher being. I bet we all continue our work there as well.

Have a great day and may your life always be filled with cases.

Liz,

I;d like to thank you for offering your testimony. The fields that you specialize in are undoubtedly rewarding and respected. I hope you get back to your practices, unfortunately, there is so much need for your works.

Quote Originally Posted by Liz Mason View Post
    I really wished that I would have had someone who would have taken me under their wings and TGIF'd me, which means Teach, Guide, Inform and Fun, but that was not the case
    I am certain you will find members, even moderators and administrators that will take you under their wing with the effort and desire you exhibit in your posts.

John Sanderson

Sponsored by:
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the sweet comment John. I hope this will happen, but I kind of feel that because:

1- I am overseas
    2- Not a paying member yet

they will not want to help me get involved fully yet. Maybe I am just being too conservative, but I always speak my mind.

Donna Reagan is offline Administrator

DHS Certified

Quote Originally Posted by Liz Mason View Post
    Thanks for the sweet comment John. I hope this will happen, but I kind of feel that because:

1- I am overseas
    2- Not a paying member yet

they will not want to help me get involved fully yet. Maybe I am just being too conservative, but I always speak my mind.
    It's just a matter of money!

Seriously though, as many administrators say here, Enjoy the Journey with the free access you have now. You have access to over 20 Level 1 areas of our web site, and the Newcomer's Instruction Link that one of the moderators gave you is a short-cut to getting into all of those areas.

Donna

Donna Reagan
    DHS Certified

START WITH TRUST
    When you see the Better Business Bureau Seal, it means the
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU) has agreed to:

TELL THE TRUTH, KEEP ITS PROMISES, BE RESPONSIVE
    www.ipiu.org | IPIU Web Store
    Official BBB Accreditation Link | Contact IPIU
    Founded in 1989 - Celebrating our 32nd Year Serving 48,373 Members

CONTACT LINK HERE TO JOIN IPIU

Sponsored by:
    Blog Entries

Thanks Donna,

I am being very patient and doing what I can and getting into the areas I am allowed. Rome was not built in a day!!

Hello John
    I was in the same boat as you. Came across the site and because of my "nature" I wanted to make sure that IPIU was the real deal. Then of course I got involved in other things but came back and looked at IPIU again.

I purchased the Professional Management Membership, just passed my test, and will be sending in my paperwork for crendentials.

Because I live in Massachusetts it is much tougher to get your PI license so my plan is to Incorporate in Colorado and open up an office in Massachusetts and in 3 years can the license.

I look forward to either helping out people as much as I can (I do have prior Law Enforcement, Correctional, and Elected state offical as part of my background) but also to ask people for their help and knowledge.

Have a great day

Peter J Boncek

John
    I am where you where 7 years ago. Same story as I have played with this site for quite awhile & wondered if it where legit. However I am now getting excited about what this site is all about. I would join immediately if I where not unemployed for 7 months now and am desperate. But the first opportunity I am able I will. In the meantime I will continue to access the forums and learn. Thanks everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter J Boncek View Post
    Because I live in Massachusetts it is much tougher to get your PI license so my plan is to Incorporate in Colorado and open up an office in Massachusetts and in 3 years can the license.
    I am from MA, and agree with you on the difficulty there. I think you have a good plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Susan M Smith View Post
    John
    I am where you where 7 years ago. Same story as I have played with this site for quite awhile & wondered if it where legit. However I am now getting excited about what this site is all about. I would join immediately if I where not unemployed for 7 months now and am desperate. But the first opportunity I am able I will. In the meantime I will continue to access the forums and learn. Thanks everyone.
    Best wishes in your struggles. I hope everything works itself out soon. I'll keep you in my prayers.