Thread: Amber Alert in Chicago, IL

Robin L Hudson Jr is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Amber Alert in Chicago, IL

CHICAGO (AP) _ One of two people found dead Friday at a home on Chicago's South Side is believed to be a relative of Jennifer Hudson, and police issued an Amber Alert for a child who might also be related to the singer and Oscar-winning actress.

Police spokeswoman Monique Bond said the deaths appeared to be the result of domestic abuse, but she declined to elaborate.

Authorities were looking for a 1994 white Chevrolet Suburban License # X584859 missing from the area around the home with 7-year-old Julian King inside, Bond said. The child was also possibly a relative of Hudson, she said.

Public listings show a Jennifer Hudson and Darnell Donerson at the address. Hudson grew up in Chicago and her mother's name is Darnell Donerson.

A publicist for Hudson at her record label said she was not aware of any incident involving Hudson's mother. She did not immediately return subsequent calls and an e-mail seeking additional information.

An e-mail sent to Hudson's personal publicist was not immediately returned.

The bodies of a man and a woman were found at the home, the Cook County medical examiner's office said.

Police tape blocked access to the large, white house, where a crowd gathered outside.

The tragedy comes as Hudson continues to reach new career heights. Her song "Spotlight" is No. 1 on Billboard's Hot R&B/Hip-Hop charts and her recently released, self-tiled album debut and has been a top seller. She is also starring in hit movie "The Secret Life of Bees" and won an Academy Award for best supporting actress in 2007 for her role in "Dreamgirls."

In an interview last year with Vogue, Hudson credited her mother to audition for "American Idol," which launched her career.

The singer, whose father died when she was a teenager, described herself as very close to her family. In a recent AP interview she said her family, which includes older siblings Julia and Jason, helped keep her grounded.

"My faith in God and my family, they're very realistic and very normal, they're not into the whole limelight kind of thing, so when I go home to Chicago that's just another place that's home," she said. "I stand in line with everybody else, or, when I go home to my mom I'm just Jennifer, (so she says), 'You get up and you take care of your own stuff.' And I love that; I don't like when people tell you everything you want to hear — I want to hear the truth, you know what I mean?"

Stephen L. Keeling - is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Professional Management Member of:

Re: Amber Alert in Chicago, IL

I see as of today the little boy is still missing. He's out there somewhere.

Body found in SUV, unknown if it's Hudson's nephew

Associated Press Writer Rupa Shenoy, Associated Press Writer – 18 mins ago Play Video ABC News – Hudson's Family Tragedy
    CHICAGO – Police searching for Jennifer Hudson's missing 7-year-old nephew found the body of a young black boy in an SUV Monday. There was no confirmation on the identity of the body.

Hudson's nephew, Julian King, hasn't been seen since Friday, when Hudson's mother and brother were found shot to death in their home. Police issued an Amber Alert for Julian, who lived in the home, and were looking for a 1994 white Chevrolet Suburban.

The body was found in a white SUV on the city's West Side Monday. It was towed away with the body still inside. Police refused to comment.

Hudson, 27, offered a $100,000 reward for the safe return of her nephew, who is the son of her sister, Julia Hudson.

The Amber Alert listed William Balfour, the estranged husband of Julia Hudson, as a suspect in a "double homicide investigation." Balfour, 27, has not been charged in the slayings. He is not the boy's father.

Police said they did not have a motive for the killings but called the case "domestic related."

Balfour was taken into custody Friday by Chicago police for questioning in the killings. On Sunday, he was transferred to the Illinois Department of Corrections "based on his active parole violation unrelated to this investigation."

Records from the Corrections Department show Balfour is on parole and spent nearly seven years in prison for attempted murder, vehicular hijacking and possessing a stolen vehicle.

Corrections spokeswoman Januari Smith said Balfour would probably remain in state custody until the Illinois Prisoner Review Board looked at his case. She would not say where Balfour was being held.

It was unclear whether Balfour had an attorney Sunday, but his mother, Michele Balfour, has denied he was involved the killings or in Julian's disappearance.

Hudson appealed to the public for help, offering the reward and asking any information be given to Chicago police.

"Jennifer and her family appreciate the enormous amount of love, support and prayers they have received while she and her family try to cope with this tragedy and continue the search for Julian," she said in a statement.

___

Associated Press writers Caryn Rousseau and Sophia Tareen contributed to this report.

FBI says body found is that of Hudson's nephew, 7

CHICAGO - A top FBI official said Monday that a body found in an SUV is believed to be that of Jennifer Hudson's missing 7-year-old nephew, the focus of a desperate search since the Oscar winner's mother and brother were found shot to death in their home three days earlier.
    While the body has not been positively identified, FBI Deputy Director John S. Pistole said authorities believe it to be that of Julian King, who also lived in the home.
    Chicago police said the body of a black male child was found shortly after 7 a.m. in the rear seat of an SUV. An autopsy was planned for Tuesday.
    The SUV was found parked on the street in a neighborhood of brownstone homes and apartment buildings, and matched the one sought in an Amber Alert issued after Hudson's mother and brother were found slain Friday, police Cmdr. Wayne Gulliford said.
    In Washington, Pistole said at a news conference on child exploitation that authorities found a body "who we believe to be the missing victim in Chicago, the nephew of Jennifer Hudson. We are working with Chicago police to get a positive identification of the victim."

Hudson was among seven family members and close friends who cried and held hands as they identified 7-year-old Julian King's body from a live image on a television screen at the Cook County Medical Examiner's office Monday afternoon.

No child should have to die that way. Very sad.

Nicholas Muse - is offline Lifetime Professional Management Member

Corporate Partner Member of:

i read this report with shivers up my spine. i have a 6 year old little girl and a 4 year old little boy i could never imagine having this happen to them. the kings family will be in my prayers.