Thread: FL right to carry under attack

Wardy Landrau - - is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

2008 Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Post FL right to carry under attack

Please forward this to anyone you my know in FL.Tell them to hammer their law makers and the Chamber of Commerce.Although I do not agree with everything the NRA does, this is why I am a life member!

DATE: April 29, 2008
    TO: USF & NRA Member and Friends
    USF Executive Director
    NRA Past President

In the fight for your firearms freedom, the Florida Chamber of Commerce and the Florida Retail Federation were determined to kill Florida's HB503, the bill that protects your right to keep a firearm in your vehicle for personal protection. They even threatened the Legislature and the Governor with a lawsuit. The Legislature was not intimidated -- they passed the bill. Governor Charlie Crist (R) was not intimidated -- he signed it into law. They stood up for you. They stood up for law-abiding gun owners and your self-defense rights against the big business bullies that were trying to eliminate them.

Six days after Governor Crist signed the bill into law, the Florida Chamber of Commerce and the Florida Retail Federation rushed into federal court and filed a frivolous lawsuit to try to have the new law overturned. They had already bragged to the media that they would spend huge amounts of money to fight to negate your constitutional and statutory rights.

On April 16 the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reported: "The Florida Chamber of Commerce and the Florida Retail Federation are ready to pay a legal tab they expect to total at least $250,000 to counter what they term an assault on private property rights."

They are relying on Disney, Publix, Walmart and other anti-gun corporate giants to fund their assault on the Legislature, Governor Crist, and on our right-to-carry

wardy r landrau

Richard Moschetti Jr is offline *** Certified
    Licensed Private Investigator, Retired LEO

Professional Member of:

Re: FL right to carry under attack

Disney, Publix and Walmart think they are better than the Federal Government and Federal Law which they are not!!! I'm a Sergeant with the Florida Dept. of Corrections and let me tell you something. The convicted felons in prison (who by law can not possess a firearm) think this is a big joke because they will still get guns and rob,shoot and kill people. They think if this law gets overturned it's free pickings for the criminal because the honest, law abidding citizen won't be able to protect themselves. By the time the Police arrive you will be dead !!! I have 21 years Law Enforcement experience as Police Officer and a Correctional Officer.

Professional Member of:

Since when is Disney, Publix and Walmart above the US CONSTITUTION. Washington DC had a ban on firearms for 30+ years and The US Court of Appeals determined it was Unconstitutional. Does Disney, Publix and Walmart think the don't have to abide by the US Constitution. Being a Law Enforcement Officer I carry 24/7 to protect me and my family and NO-ONE is going to stop me.

Raymond Griffin - is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

2008 - 2009 Member of:

I absolutely agree with you, I am a proud owner of a .45 semi automatic and I own it for "protection" and nothing else. Why are these people so opposed to law biding citizens being able to protect themselves and their families from violent criminals who are almost 100% guaranteed to carry a gun and or other weapons, while having absolutely no respect for human life.
    This is a bad, bad move.

I googled "walmart anti-guns" and found an article that says Walmart is going to keep more detailed records on gun buyers than required by state laws. WTF?
    I saw a TV show once that showed this giant bomb proof building that Walmart uses to store all its databases that they have about their customers.

Professional Member of:

Walmart must be trying to be BIG BROTHER if they are doing this! This is AMERICA not CUBA or RUSSIA!!!WTF!!!