Thread: Did you receive a solicitation from John Healy?

Did you receive a solicitation from John Healy?

Many of you have asked us about last week's email solicitation from a "John Healy", who is selling live course and room rate package for up to $555.00 (Up to $385 for the course plus $170 for 2 nights at the Holiday Inn in New Hampshire).

All we can determine is that his course title is:

"How to Investigate by Computer"

Although private investigators and trainees can purchase another course by a similar title for around $50, Mr. Healy describes his course as:

" . . . aspects of investigating people by computer databases, information providers, the internet, and other sources, what is available and how to access it and use it. It will also include a section on non computer based investigate sources."

If you are interested in validating the solicitation for your consideration of the cost versus benefit, please click on the following union Member Level 3 link for an open discussion:

Go here:
    http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthread.php?p=412933

(If you do not have access to the above union member's link, click on the CONTACT US link at the bottom of any forum page)
    Technical Support
    Administrator

James Bone is offline ***
    Licensed Private Investigator

2006 - 2011 Professional Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Re: Did you receive a solicitation from John Healy?

I think it would be better to purchase the book from IPIU than spend $555 for a 2 day course plus the expense of having to get to New Hampshire and back home. If you live there it might not be too bad, as for me it would cost me over $1000 for a 2 day course, just not worth it to me. The book will be yours to keep and look back on it if you need to. Just my opinion, good luck everybody.