Quote Originally Posted by Charles Blount
Now guys this is just my opinion in light of what was stated regarding identification. Whereas, having the right to remain silent and knowing/understanding the U.S. Constitution and it's fifth in lieu of not having to answer any questions by a police officer or governmental entity, has nothing to do with replying to a statement or answering a question. Note: My name is officer blythe and I would like to know the reason you and your friends are standing on this corner. Okay, don't answer and what would the consequences be? However, if the officer only asked to see some form of identification does not constitute a verbal reply, only a physical one. He asked to see all the person had to do was to show. Now if you want to make this a twighlight opinion then fine. I don't see it. Question. what is the different between criminal justice system and criminal justice network
Charles,

You bring up some interesting issues. The first is about the title of the book - The Twilight of Democracy. My dictionary defines Democracy - "1. government by the people; a form of government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised directly by them or by their elected agents under a free electoral system."

As such, the actions of the police do not constitute a lack of democracy. The people's government wants this kind of behavior. I may get back and discuss the ethics and morality issues in this behavior. But it does not affect democracy in this country.

I may try to answer the criminal justice system and criminal justice network question shortly.