Thread: University of Private Investigation

Question University of Private Investigation

I was reading through the IPIU benefits package again and noticed the last one listed "University of Private Investigation". I don't recall of all the messages that I have read, any other mention of the University.There has been talk of the various 3rd party programs, but none about IPIU's own program. I would think that we would see more about this subject, particularly when so many people are searching for PI education. The education that is derived from the various forums is truly invaluable, however it is not enough. I have been thinking of a 3rd party program but would like to know more about the in house University. I'm sure other members have the same interest. Now as I think about it, I'm suprised that there is not a University Forum.

David Copeland is offline Administrator
    Private Investigators Forum

Sponsored by:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    To sign up for free information on the university program, email your name and contact information to university@ipiu.org and they will place your name on a waiting list.

As the list rolls, they send the information ahead of the next program - unless the current students have booked for the entire year or more. They do not send information out to everyone - only to enough to fill the next semester so as not to over book. They do it twice a year. You only receive one confirmation of your name on the list, as the course is extremely popular.

Re: University of P.I.

Originally posted by Malcolm Rheuban
    Would purchasing this membership supersede annual dues and renewal of the photo credentials? If you had already invested in renewing your membership, could you subtract that sum from the amount owed to matriculate at University of Private Investigation?
    They are two different types of memberships.

The University of Private Investigation tutition has several different levels of discounts and grants. The lowest cost tuition is for IPIU members who have already invested their dues. So in a sense, you do not pay anymore in dues or photo credentials. But if a student is not an IPIU member, then the tuition is higher because the student would not qualify for the IPIU member discount.

If a non-IPIU member graduates, then the certifications he/she receives will certainly help them in their professional pursuit.

If an IPIU member graduates, then all of their IPIU credentials and Forum User Titles, etc. will be upgraded to reflect their accomplishments, including use of the University of Private Investigation logos on personal web pages and other media.

When attending the University of Private Investigation would we still be able to participate in training assignments like "Anti-Piracy"? Would there be more paid training assignments?
    Yes to both questions. It's known as work study assignments toward the degree.

Is there a set curriculum or do we shape our course of study based on our interests?
    There are several degrees offered, based on specialities and interest.
    I assume some of the instruction takes place over the internet.
    Yes, as well as regional or local face-to-face interaction on some class and social studies over the course of the entire program. We must remember that we're in the people business, and our social skills are an important part of our success.

Are there any objections to using Library computers?
    None whatsoever! That portion of the studies is password and cookie protected. Even if you own your computer, using a local "university computer" offers you the benefit of the university environment. Most university's have scores of free internet stations that outmatch the local city or county libraries! Using a university computer will also provide you with an abundance of other students who may have an interest in helping you with the internet and email training that is essential to the professional private investigator.

Using the library computers also affords a discipline away from the comforts of home. You may take it more serious than just sitting at home with the other distractions that take place. Students in an educational environment typically accomplish more in less time than at home. However, if you prefer to attend through the home computer - - just set aside the time and turn off the phone.

Personally, I've sent an email to the Universiy Private Investigation to find out when classes commence, but have not received a response.
    Yes, that is correct. The email auto-responders were deleted during our last website upgrade two weeks ago. We just discovered it this week and technical support is reinstalling it. Your email, however, was not lost. You just did not receive an email confirmation of it's receipt. The second issue holding us up is the current improvement of the University Degree. When that is complete, you will receive a private email announcing all of the details, along with an invitation to access the new University Forum.

IMPORTANT:
    You may wish to check on the email address we have on file for you. It is located in your User Control Panel, which is a small button at the top of this page to the right of our Logo.

It looks like this:

Just click on it (or log in with your password) and look for the email address we have on file for you. If you need to change it, there is an option to "Submit Modifications".

I hope others considering the University of Private Investigation can relate to these queries. I know this is lengthy. Thank you for your time and patience.
    You ask very good questions! And thousands of members will probably read your questions and the answers. I suspect some of them will be included in the new forum.

Thank you for your interest.

Sponsored by:
    Originally posted by Margie Bailey
    In the information packet I recieve that has the code of ethics to be signed, will I receive any type of information on the Univeristy that IP offers?
    No. But all IPIU members who are registered on the forums will receive a private email when the the program is available, including all of the details.

Re: UNIVERSITY INFORMATION

Originally posted by Iiesha Tamu Howard
    HI,

I would like to request more information about the University of Private Investigators. First question I have is: What type of degrees are offered? Second ?: Is a session going on this time of the year? Third ?: What type of previous education do you need?
    The UofPI Admissions (at this time) does not post any public information because of the overwhelming interest. If you send your email (as stated above) you will be placed on a waiting list for more information when they are ready to accept applications. You wil be given plenty of advance notice on their next open admissions date.

Re: University of P.I.

Originally posted by Robert Donovan

You ask very good questions! And thousands of members will probably read your questions and the answers. I suspect some of them will be included in the new forum.

Thank you for your interest.
    Both great questions and answers! I can't wait to get a program!

Thanks!
    Diana DeClue

Badge #6850
    "Work smarter - not harder"

Originally posted by Tana Fritts
    If I sign up to get information about the university does it mean that I've signed up for classes and have to take them if I can't afford them, or is it just for information?
    You signed up to receive the next consideration for enrollment, which will include a brochure and application. They only send out so many applications for each semester.

Tina,

To sign up for free information on the university program, email your name and contact information to university@ipiu.org and they will send you the information ahead of the next program.
    You will just receive the info for the next available slots, you do not have to enroll if you are able to afford the program at that time.

Hope that answers your question.

Sponsored by:

Re: University of Private Investigation

Originally posted by Sherita Y. Cotten
    I am interested in learning more about this college or university. is there any cost?
    The University has a semester tuition, which is adjusted each year. Email university@ipiu.org to be placed on the list for the next brohure, including local campus'

Thumbs up

I would love to attend the University. It would help devlelop my skills even more. How exciting!! I am going to email them to try to get on the waiting list. Thanks for all of the information.
    Kisha Drill
    Badge Number 6988

I sent an e-mail to the University of PI (univerity@ipiu.org), asking for general information about program (clases), schedule, location, fees, etc.

The answer (Automated reply) was: "...we will provide complete details at the time we announce the next semester".

Could I receive the general information earlier?

Smile Hi Dragos,

I believe that you will be put on a notification list, and when the new semester is about to start, you will be notified. I believe that there is more information about that in the forums.

Like everything else, (I don't mean to sound like I'm lecturing...)
    patience will help you through the waiting period. There is so much interest in the school (at least from what I deduced from the posts), that I am sure they are inundated with hundreds of questions and requests for information.

I also have done the same, and am anxiously awaiting any tidbits I can find. Searching the forums for any updates or info will help you pass the time as it is doing for me.

I wish you success and best wishes in this exciting career.

Regards,
    Diana DeClue

Badge #6850
    "Work smarter - not harder"

Now I get it.

I had been wondering what PIU was and now I know. I have been informed and I will save myself from the embarrassment of posting a question that has already been answered.
    Stephen Brink
    AKA Darth Nocuous
    GM of the Flaming Cherubim Fantasy Hockey Team

Note to all:

The information posted by Mr. Copeland in the second post contains all of the information available at this time. Therefore, I have archived duplicative inquiries.

As mentioned, the program is extremely popular. Because the course is updated each semester to maintain current methods, the brochures are only provided to a number of people to fill the next semester.

Thank you for your support and interest. This topic is now closed.
    Technical Support
    Administrator