UPDATE:
10-6-2006

The previous post included a web site for NBC that is now dead.

However, Johnny posted a letter he received which includes a name and phone number.

If anyone has any CURRENT information on this, please POST it in this topic.

Copy of letter:
"Dear Private Investigators,

My name is Leah Warshawski, and I am working on a new television program called Private Investigators, which is being produced for NBC by Reveille Productions.

We have put together a team representing the nation's top private investigators who will take on the cases of people who need help but have hit a dead end, who don't know where else to turn, or who cannot afford to continue their search for justice. We will take on these cases pro bono.

We will be videotaping a 1-hour pilot for NBC in the weeks ahead and we are currently conducting a nationwide outreach for cases that our team of private investigators will take on pro bono. We are writing to you in the hope that you might be able to help us identify a case that is deserving of pro bono assistance. If you refer to us a case that we decide to investigate on-camera and actually use in the pilot, you will receive $1000.00 (One Thousand Dollars).

Specifically, we are looking for the following case types:

-Wrongful death involving questions of foul play
-Suicides believed to be homicides
-Disappearance where foul play is suspected
-Fugitives from justice involving homicide, murder, and con artists
-Parental Abductions (i.e. non-custodial abductions)

We are looking for cases in which an intensive investigative effort has a significant probability of helping to solve the case or, at least, to bring some form of resolution to it.

If you would like to refer a case to us, please email a brief description of the case to cases@ . . ..

Or call 1-800-652-0542 and ask for Leah. We will contact you if we have any additional questions.

Finally, if you could share this information with the members of your community, your professional associations, or your listservs, we would greatly appreciate it. If you have any questions or require additional information, please feel free to contact me at any time.

Best Regards,

Leah Warshawski

Segment Producer
Private Investigators
cases@ . . .

Below is a copy of an earlier web posting about the TV show:

ABOUT THE SHOW

Reveille Productions is currently conducting a nationwide search for the nation's finest private investigators for a new show on NBC.

Private Investigators is a documentary-style program that will feature private investigators that travel across the country each week to solve America's Cases.

Our P.I.s, the best in their field, will help Americans most in need: we will offer free investigative assistance to average people who do not have the awareness or ability to hire a private investigator. We will take on large and small cases.

WE WILL NOT RECREATE ANY CASES. In documentary style, we will follow our private investigators and watch their cases unfold in real time. We will tell the story through their eyes, words, and actions.

For many years, America's P.I.s have been misrepresented in the media. Private Investigators seeks to debunk the myths and show the reality of the day-to-day life of a private investigator on a case: the challenges, the intrigue, the intelligence-gathering, the persistence that is required, and on occasion, the frustration. In many cases, we hope, success; but sometimes there is failure, too. The result will be a first-hand look into the important role that private investigation plays in our society.

Google Results for Leah Warshawski, segment producer:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...+Warshawski%22