Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: God knows how many have been dissappointed with only a school & some promises.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Harold Cannon II
    I want to thank all you fellow & lady want to be Magnums for giving me info & the motivation to go out & actually search & believe in myself that I can do it . I found my dream job or blessing, working at Hammonds Hotel & all its different buildings as the security/maintenance person doing PI work police work humane relations work, right on right on right on!!!!! THANK YOU PEOPLE(did they say this was shouting,well I am) sorry. Being in this group makes me feel good, helps me feel who I am or want to be, that I have a chance & yeah I do drive a red mustang for get PI. I will be going to work this evening at 10
    Harold,

I'm so impressed! Congratulations. Thanks for posting-now that's encouragement. Keep up the great work and congrats again.

Tammy

Thanks for your wonderful testimonies. Keep your testimonies coming. New members need all the encouragement and help they can get while in training. I loved to hear someone mention how glad they are to be apart of this organization. When someone says the money you spent is well worth it.

It is such a blessing to read about all of the success stories out there. People who don't know anything about investigations always want to be an authority on whether or not you will make it. Be true to your feelings and needs. There is nothing better than doing a job that makes you feel like you have accomplished something inportant to you. I love being a part of IPIU because I read stories of accomplihments and I learn sooo much from other people and their experiences. I have found that Investigators need to be very careful when doing work for individual (mom & pop) agencies in their areas. I was just taken for almost $800.00 for doing a surveillance that I never got paid for. That's one of the reasons I appriciate IPIU. I don't think things like this would ever come up with a legitamate company like this. Good Luck to all and keep all the positive thoughts. I love reading the forums!

debra, go to your local BBB office with your paperwork from the job, file a complaint for non-payment of services renered, and the BBB will assist in getting your money for you, and you always have the option to file in small claims court for the payment.you are not just a PI ,you are also a business woman....

Thanks Goldie for the information. I fully intend to follow up with this injustice but without somekind of contract, I don't know where it will lead. This company has my video from the surveillance so he has my proof. It is definately a lesson learned and I hope others can benefit from my lesson. I much prefer to get my jobs through a respectable business as opposed to the small places that can't afford to be in business. They think because they have an agency license, they are in big business.

ok i think its time for a TIP forum..... heres a #! tip.... give the client a COPY... in most states (like FL) you must keep the master copy for 7 yrs! never give up a master tape in any case.... this is YOUR proof that you did the surveillence. & if necessary ( like in court cases) if you are called to testify you have a reference.....

if you were doing work for an investigative agency.. make a copy for yourself, the agency is suppose to keep a copy .... and always keep your paper records for 7 yrs on each case, make a file cabinet just for your case info and mileage, expense, ect... you never know when you might need it, especially for taxes, the mileage is tax deductable.

I haven't done any assignment's yet, hopefully soon. But I see all the kind individuals we have in these forums who are willing to take the time to direct us in the right paths. Thank you all.

Donna Sanders is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Thanks for sharing all yor information, I am new and just getting started

Hey Donna, I read your reply on insurance and fraud investigations, and that is an area I might be very much interested in. I don't make to many replies in the forums because of the lack of time, but I do as much reading and understanding as possible. I would like to get as much information on the topics as well if you can point me in any direction I would gladely appreciate it.

By the way Edwin there are always going to be obstacles whether friends or family, remain positive and strong things always tend to work out.

Keep pursuing your dream.

Bobby McCuller is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    I'd like to welcome all newcomers to IPIU,I'm also new to it but I've been in Investigation since 1992,and reading these forums is really a learning experince.
    I have not seen a site so well put together,seems a little confusing at first,but training as an investigator you learn to find what your looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby McCuller
    I'd like to welcome all newcomers to IPIU,I'm also new to it but I've been in Investigation since 1992,and reading these forums is really a learning experince.
    I have not seen a site so well put together,seems a little confusing at first,but training as an investigator you learn to find what your looking for.

I felt exactly the same way when I started. It does take quite some time to figure out navigation through all of the posts. As you stated prior, the posts are Very informative and it is wonderful that there is a place (IPIU) where others can discuss and provide input.
    Go IPIU!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2