Thread: I just completed my first "investigation" assignment!

I just completed my first "investigation" assignment!

And it went well! The contact that I was working with to find information for -- mentioned IPIU! I know that without this forum, it is virtually impossible to have an agency give me a chance to prove what I can do. Now, I will be developing contacts and referrals as I go. I cannot emphasize my gratitude enough for the opportunities offered here -- and the support!

Congratulations Theresa...great work!

How Wonderful!

That certainly is great news Theresa! Any tips you can pass along? Were you confident? What area of investigation are you in?

Michael A Jones is offline *** Certified
    Private Investigator Member
    Licensed Bailbondsman
    Go Job Theresa.

Any tips you can pass along? Were you confident? What area of investigation are you in?
    Well, actually, Nicole, I was not exaclty confident because when I volunteered that I might be able to help, I only had an address and did not even know what was needed by the agency. As it turned out, I WAS able to help. Basically, found information on a "debtor". And, I provided much more than they asked for. They were shocked how much information I provided them. So, my advice -- especially when you are establishing yourself -- don't do a job half-heartedly. Be willing to go the extra mile and they NOTICE. They will work with you again AND tell others about you.

Great job Teresa

I would like to work on cases involving child abuse. Would ipiu be able to find a job in the area I am interested in

Thumbs up Congratulations T

I'm still awaiting my level3 and 4 materials, but I'm excited in the fact that you set a good example by impressing your client. This could help anyone in IPIU, especially ones like me who want to spring into action in the near future. Maybe next month I can tell you of my first assignment and also encourage others to do the best with their first impressions.

RT

I am very happy for you and cannot wait to be there as well. When you finally were placed within an agency, was it one you specifically chose? Also, how long did you have to undergo training? Thanks for any advice! Elee

That sounds exciting Teresa! I hope that "all in" effort you did will yield you future assignments (I'm sure it will)...

Jim

I am in the middle of a much, much bigger case now -- false charges against a piller in a community for child molestation by someone who has a "history" of "putting" people in jail and taking their property -- or threatening to put them in jail (extortion). I'll have to write a big story about it.
    I'm still in "training" in that there is something new to learn every day in this business! We'll never know it all!
    Theresa Bastron
    Badge #10672

"It has been said that for evil to triumph, all it takes is for good people to do nothing. Sometimes evil triumphs even when the good have done their damndest."
    Rick Lawler
    MinRef Press, March 7, 1991

congratulations theresa!!

good job theresa and goodluck with your new endevour.

This is some great news, We got that child molesting SOB we have been looking for the past year. Got information he was in a camp ground in Huntsville Alabama and now he is on his way back to face Georgia Justice for what he did to his Grand Daughter. Thanks to all from the Georgia Public Safety Training Center and the U.S. Marshals he will do be time for his evil crime. Hope they hang you J.H.

Thanks for the acknowledgements.
    The latest is that the D.A. was asking the Judge for a restraining order against my husband and I, which the Judge denied. (By the way, these people always take what they are doing and point the finger that it is the other party doing it). We made a call to animal control regarding a mustang that had been left out in the desert to fend for itself for a week and a half. It turned out to be the other person's BLM horse and they took it. We had no control over the outcome -- so we were harrassing them! The defense attorney told us they cannot prevent us from calling any law enforcement agency. He left. The DA and 3 sheriff's deputies proceeded to come outside at that point and "enforce" their "order" for harrassment in our faces. I believe it is a Class C Felony -- CA PC excessive use of force/witness tampering? The one investigator deputy threatened to investigate us and MAKE a case against us. I need to research Fed law, too. Believe they violated our civil rights, too.

Have a great Independence weekend and we all need to remember to STAND UP for our rights -- no matter how "scary" it is. I can't count how many times we've been threatened with arrest or death. Thank goodness for our Constitution -- or we'd be in prison right now just for speaking up -- but we are free to exercise our rights.

And, also, we CANNOT forget in this line of work that EVERYONE is INNOCENT until PROVEN GUILTY in a Court of law.
    Theresa Bastron
    Badge #10672

"It has been said that for evil to triumph, all it takes is for good people to do nothing. Sometimes evil triumphs even when the good have done their damndest."
    Rick Lawler
    MinRef Press, March 7, 1991

Great job, I hope to follow in the same path.

Great job T.

Jerome O Isaac-- is offline Sr. Distinguished Member:
    Private Investigators Forum

2007 Honorary Ambassador of Good Will
    Greetings Theresa, how are you and your family doing? I do hope all is well with everyone at present, great testimonial, thanks for sharing it with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Theresa Bastron
    And it went well! The contact that I was working with to find information for -- mentioned IPIU! I know that without this forum, it is virtually impossible to have an agency give me a chance to prove what I can do.
    I can't imagine how much extra confidents it gave you and how easier it was to complete the task when you found out that you were amongst family.

[qoute]I cannot emphasize my gratitude enough for the opportunities offered here -- and the support! [/QUOTE]

Many thanks to you for this positive feedback, do you have an update to your last post on 7-03-2005?

All the best to you on the road ahead.

Have a great day.
    JoI

Theresa - Good going.
    I look forward to the day that I too can say "I just completed my first job". I hope I am close to making that statement. Thank you

Theresa,

Hi! I am so excited for you! I can't wait to be able to jump in there myself. Did you have to go to school for this at all? I could use any helpful advice. I want to start asap. I am waiting for my packet to take the test, and do my fingerprints. ect... any advice for me?

Thanks, Sarah