Thread: Locked Access may result in changing your password or email address.

Donna Reagan is offline Administrator
    Private Investigators Forum

Licensed Private Investigator
    DHS Certified

Arrow Locked Access may result in changing your password or email address.

I just received a copy of a technical support ticket that may answer questions about changing your password or email address on the forums.

Dear Member:

Your forum account presently shows "USER AWAITING EMAIL CONFIRMATION".

Your access may have been suspended automatically because of several reasons:

1) If you forgot your password and you used the option in the log-in box to email you another password, then the system did that and locked you out until email activation. The new email needed activation to verify you are the same person at the known email address in the system. If so, then you have not read the email that was sent you to reactivate the access.

2) If you did not forget your password, but chose to access your personal User Control Panel to change the email address to a new email address, then the system would allow you to change the email address, but would automatically send an email confirmation to the old email box to be validated. Perhaps the email was not activated and it locked you out until verification.

3) The email address you sent your inquiry to is not the same email address the system has of record. This is why I think a change of password or email address has automatically locked you out until your identity is confirmed.

4) Locking access protects members from having other people who may have used your computer with your password stored in your computer cookies and who may want to change your password or change your email address without your knowledge.

5) Therefore, visit both of your email boxes and look for the activation email that was sent earlier. Then follow the email instructions. Or, please send me an email from your original email address so that I can manually correct it.

Sincerely,

Technical Support

DJ Moran -- is offline Sr. Moderator:
    (On Leave of Absence)

Certified Distinguished Member

Smile Thanks for the information

Donna,

Thanks for the information. "DJ"

Dear Donna,

I have an assignment Saturday, June 11,2005 but I can't get access to the forums, like I suppose to I can log-in with no problem. But when I want to register for the assignment it tells me that I don't have access to it what is up with that.

Mrs. Felicia Head
    Last edited by DJ Moran --; 06-10-2005 at 07:10 PM.

DJ Moran -- is offline Sr. Moderator:
    (On Leave of Absence)

Certified Distinguished Member

Smile RE:Felicia

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Felicia Head
    Dear Donna,

I have an assignment Saturday, June 11,2005 but I can't get access to the forums, like I suppose to I can log-in with no problem. But when I want to register for the assignment it tells me that I don't have access to it what is up with that.

Mrs. Felicia Head
    Felicia,

Hi,

Maybe I can help, there could be several reasons your access has been denied.

The first thing you need to do, is
    post an Introduction in the Introduction forum.

Please go here and post your Introduction. After you have done this, you will get the needed links to get you started.

Introduction Forum

See you there, and hope this has helped. "DJ"

Jerome O Isaac-- is offline Sr. Distinguished Member:

2007 Honorary Ambassador of Good Will
    Greetings Donna, this very same incident has happened to me awhile back, but, I guess it somehow corrected itself, but thanks for the tip and advise.

Have a great day. )

Hello. My Is Brandy. If I already posted my introduction in the forum why can't I get through. The page is telling me I have no permission to access the page eventhough I have an assignment. Can somene please help me. Thank you.