Thread: IPIU has come through once again. I am now currently working for two great agencies!

Lisa Frye - is offline Certified SPI
    Licensed Private Investigator

Moderator (On Leave of Absence)
    Sr. Distinguished Union Member

Arrow IPIU has come through once again. I am now currently working for two great agencies!

Dear Fellow Colleagues,

It is with great excitement that you find me writing this testimony about the IPIU.

I had joined the IPIU back in May 2004. At that time, I had just passed my exam to be registered as a PI in the state of Virginia. Without the hands on training I was nervous about my abilities to perform assignments on my own. It was then that I decided to receive more training through the IPIU.

I began my journey as most of you have without any prior hands on experience. I spent hours upon hours reading through materials that were not provided for me when I took the course to be registered. The information was a bit overwhelming at first but once I became use to navigating, I just couldn’t get enough.

I worked hard, read a lot, asked questions and had a plan. After spending an enormous amount of time on the forums both reading and posting, I had decided I wanted to help other New members on the forums. That is when I decided to pursue the role in becoming a Moderator. It took some time, but all things worth it, usually do. I feel very honored to have this opportunity. It gives me great pride within myself to know that I am helping others who have the same dream.

I continued learning from other members who have had more experience. You can never learn to much. I had found that others were more than willing to help in any way they could.

A few weeks ago I was contacted by a several agencies. I am now currently working for two great agencies and loving every minute of it! (the money is pretty awesome also) If it weren’t for the IPIU providing all of the information, It would have taken a lot longer for me to gain the knowledge and the confidence in which I needed to put my "behind" in the field.

So I just want to say…”Thank you IPIU for all that you have done for me and all that you do for all of your Members”. You have made my Life Long Dream a Living Reality for Me!

Should you find someone that is doubtful that this could happen for them, you just send them to me!

Oh yea, did I mention that I had found the angency right here on our forums!

To all of you with big dreams...just believe in yourself and let IPIU be your guide.

Wishing all your dreams turn into realities!

Lisa
    LISA FRYE
    Licensed Private Investigator (VA #99-163263)
    Virginia, USA

Edward Taguba is offline Certified Distinguished Member
    Private Investigators Forums

Professional Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Lisa,

Thank you for sharing. Good luck to the two new agencies.

Aloha,
    Ed

Edward Taguba, MBA, Ph.D.

Professional Global Technology Consultant
    http://www.edtaguba.com
    www.ipiu.org | www.privateinvestigators.cc

Great!

I'm very happy for you Lisa that you were able to get so much from IPIU. You are an inspiration to all new comers here who want to achieve their goals. The bottom line is...don't give up and it could happen to you.

DJ Moran -- is offline Sr. Moderator:
    (On Leave of Absence)

Certified Distinguished Member
    Private Investigators Forum

Talking Lisa, this is Great!!

Lisa,

Just wanted to stop by and say Congradulations!!!! I am so happy for you!! You go Girl!!! "DJ"
    " Living the Dream Come True"

An Inspiration

Your testimony definitley inspired me! Right now I am in the midst of studying for my certificate in crime scene investigation and studying my trainee manual for PI as well. I can't wait to be able to dive into IPIU 100%!

Smile Mentor

Hi Lisa,
    I'm glad to know there is someone I can turn to for advice and knowledge of the field. I'd love to hear some of your practical experiences!

Lauren

Lisa Lisa Lisa...

You are such a positive, pursistant, efficient, dynamic, ....etc., person...

Keep it up. Your headed for greatness...I can feel it!

Sincerely,
    John French

Sorry...me again

Hey Lisa

I was just reflecting on everything you have achieved in such a short space of time. As someone who is trying to break ground with the listed agencies, is there anything additional you recommend I do? Did you subscribe to doing anything other than what is posted on the various IPIU forums to secure your full-time PI jobs? Just curious (and desperate for hard and fast results.)

Mark

Congratulations Lisa!

Quick question, I am in the process of getting my state license (OR), due to this, I have not gone through with the full application process that IPIU has to offer, i.e. Training manual, finger prints, etc. I had to do this when I applied for my state license. So, how do I go about - just like you did, and take advantage of the job referrals, and placement that IPIU has to offer? How do I get my status changed to be able to participate in the higher level forums, etc.?

Regards,

Ken

Thank you all for your kindness and support. I appreciate all of your excitement for me!

As for the questions....

He who seeks....Shall find!!
    (now get out there and find the answers)

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth L Moore
    Congratulations Lisa!

Quick question, I am in the process of getting my state license (OR), due to this, I have not gone through with the full application process that IPIU has to offer, i.e. Training manual, finger prints, etc. I had to do this when I applied for my state license. So, how do I go about - just like you did, and take advantage of the job referrals, and placement that IPIU has to offer? How do I get my status changed to be able to participate in the higher level forums, etc.?

Regards,

Ken
    Hi Ken,

You will still need to submitt your finger prints to IPIU. They need to have them on file.

I believe you are at level 3. When you reach level four you will be able to take advantage of the assignments. Just keep doing what your doing and I'll be reading your testimony in the future!

Good Luck

Lisa

Jerome O Isaac-- is offline Sr. Distinguished Member:

2007 Honorary Ambassador of Good Will
    Greetings Lisa, thanks for making this wonderful testimonial for all to see and read, I'm sure the facts will be clear to anyone who reads this.

All the best on the road ahead.

Love the sayings below.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Frye
    To all of you with big dreams...just believe in yourself and let IPIU be your guide.
    Lisa

Many Congrats, Lisa

Without giving away the names of the agencies you're working for, what kind of work are you doing for them?

Hello Lisa,congratulations. I do hope the best for you.You have a great journey ,as you go up and forward. Thank you for shareing this with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen Walters
    Without giving away the names of the agencies you're working for, what kind of work are you doing for them?
    Allen, Level 4 Union Members are free to discuss the types of assignments in the following Level 4 area:
    http://www.ipiu.org/forums/forumdisp...ysprune=&f=236

Thank you, Robert. Not at that level yet, so will look forward to learning more when I've reached that esteemed level.

Hello Lisa! I'm Maday and I was just wondering how do I know what level am I on? Is there a forum where I could obtain this information or do I need to call IPIU?

Hello Maday,

Post this question in your Introduction and a trainer or admin will answer. I hope this helps!

RT

Does it take a year or could I start training with a lawyer firm now.

Thumbs up Congrats

Dear Fellow Colleagues,

It is with great excitement that you find me writing this testimony about the IPIU.

I had joined the IPIU back in May 2004. At that time, I had just passed my exam to be registered as a PI in the state of Virginia. Without the hands on training I was nervous about my abilities to perform assignments on my own. It was then that I decided to receive more training through the IPIU.

I began my journey as most of you have without any prior hands on experience. I spent hours upon hours reading through materials that were not provided for me when I took the course to be registered. The information was a bit overwhelming at first but once I became use to navigating, I just couldn’t get enough.

I worked hard, read a lot, asked questions and had a plan. After spending an enormous amount of time on the forums both reading and posting, I had decided I wanted to help other New members on the forums. That is when I decided to pursue the role in becoming a Moderator. It took some time, but all things worth it, usually do. I feel very honored to have this opportunity. It gives me great pride within myself to know that I am helping others who have the same dream.

I continued learning from other members who have had more experience. You can never learn to much. I had found that others were more than willing to help in any way they could.

A few weeks ago I was contacted by a several agencies. I am now currently working for two great agencies and loving every minute of it! (the money is pretty awesome also) If it weren’t for the IPIU providing all of the information, It would have taken a lot longer for me to gain the knowledge and the confidence in which I needed to put my "behind" in the field.

So I just want to say…”Thank you IPIU for all that you have done for me and all that you do for all of your Members”. You have made my Life Long Dream a Living Reality for Me!

Should you find someone that is doubtful that this could happen for them, you just send them to me!

Lisa
    Congrats. Lisa

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Drake
    Does it take a year or could I start training with a lawyer firm now.
    Derek, all you need to do is start with the following Level 4 assignment instructions link:

http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthrea...&threadid=4856

Joyce Jameson - is offline Distinguished Member of:

Member of International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Congrats Lisa,
    You area true inpiration to me also, I have spent every waking moment on here reading, reading, reading, I get totally absorbed with it and then I run into a story like yours and I just want to keep on reading...

Hi,
    I have tried to follow several links and been unable to, including this one regarding Level 4 assignment instructions. I'm waiting for a reply about this that I wrote yesterday but just wondered if you could help me out with this ? Thank you.
    Joyce

Quote Originally Posted by Joyce Jameson
    Hi,
    I have tried to follow several links and been unable to, including this one regarding Level 4 assignment instructions. I'm waiting for a reply about this that I wrote yesterday but just wondered if you could help me out with this ? Thank you.
    Joyce
    Joyce,

Thank you for the wonderful comments. I am truely happy here with IPIU. They have all the tools if you do your homework and make them work for you. Level 4 access is for members who have taken the test and sent back all the necessary paperwork. I believe you are at level 2.

Keep on reading and participating and your time will come before you know it!

Best of Luck to you.

Lisa

Thank You Lisa,
    You're right, I have not gotten to the point where I can take my test yet but I am excited about doing so, I'm taking college courses and I have found that I truly enjoy taking tests now which is a total surprise to me because I never enjoyed it when I was in school, perhaps one more benefit to being middle aged?!

Dear Fellow Colleagues,

Lisa
    Congratulations Lisa. I am looking forward to doing the same thing that you are. I have been working toward being a PI and just got onto the IPIU forums about a week ago. I am taking courses in Criminal Justice and have a diploma in Private Investigation. I will be joining IPIU in about a week, and I have a referral application comming in the mail. Is there any information you can give me to help me excel, learn more, and move faster in this process. You are an encouragement to me. The best of luck with your new found career. I'm right behind you.

John

Joyce,

Thank you for the wonderful comments. I am truely happy here with IPIU. They have all the tools if you do your homework and make them work for you. Level 4 access is for members who have taken the test and sent back all the necessary paperwork. I believe you are at level 2.

Keep on reading and participating and your time will come before you know it!

Best of Luck to you.

Lisa

Lisa, how do I get to level 2? Do I do that by accumulating more posts. If so, how many posts will get me to level 2? Thanks...

John

Lisa,
    Thanks so much for your testimonial. I am new to the forum and am learning something from it every day. It's really cool that you have found employment with two agencies!! I would settle for one.

Good luck to you, and be safe.

Mellonie

Great info Lisa, thanks

Dear Fellow Colleagues,

Lisa

Lisa your story is just awesome! You keep up the good work. Please keep us informed of any other opportunities you that happens for you. I would like to know your outcomes!

Thanks,
    Christina Blumenberg
    P.I. Trainee

Theodore Owens is offline * Certified

Agency Owner & Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)ber
    Lisa,

Good for you. You give all of us something to strive for. I recently joined IPIU in 2005 after passing my exam in Ohio and starting my own Agency. You were one of the members who welcomed me to the Fourms. I am so glad to see you've gotten this far because it shows me were I could be by this time next year. Keep up the good work.
    THEODORE OWENS
    Chief Investigator
    Agency Owner
    Ohio Special Services Group
    Class "A" License # 2005005899
    Ohio

Lisa,

Thanks for the inspiring insite you gave us. It is sometimes hard for those of us newbies to sit back and read and wait to achieve the next level, however i do realize we the experiance of the union and it's forum allows us to mature and find answers as we will have to in the field. This is 'college orientation' and we are fortunate indeed to go at our own pace , be it quick or slow, it's our choice.

Just MPO,
    Steven Lofing
    Still Training

Lynne Knight is offline Certified Distinguished Member

(Retired Moderator)
    Corporate Agency Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    What a wonderful testimony you've given us, Lisa. You must be very busy with your jobs, and that's a good thing! I'm sure some of us "workaholics" read about you working for two agencies and just smile and nod. I've stated this before in some of the forums, but I'm in the process of trying to open my own agency presently, and I would not be doing this if it were not for the encouragement I have received from my IPIU family, and not from my family and friends. Keep up the great work. I enjoy reading your posts.

~ Lynne ~

Another great sucess story;Good job Lisa!!

Dear Fellow Colleagues,

Lisa
    Awesome! Congratulations. You better continue to climb up that paper.

Great job Lisa. Can't wait to hear more from you.

Great Job Lisa

Congratulations Lisa! Please let us know how it's going!

Congratulations Lisa, you are an inspiration to us all. Keep up the good work and I hope everything turns out for the best!!

Lisa,

Congratulations and way to go. I am very happy for you.

Darla