Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I truly believe that finding this IPIU site was a gift!!!

Arrow I truly believe that finding this IPIU site was a gift!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Kostohryz
    Wow! I am in awe. This site alone is impressive and intimidating! It's good though to read the helpful vibes that are passing back and forth. Yes, I'm new - very new and know I have tons of reading to do.
    Hi, Susan. I am in awe as well. The primary message that I am getting as a newcomer is that we should put in as much time as we can reading through the various forums and then, be patient.

The seasoned members have all been right, most of my questions have already been answered in one forum or another.

I am continually impressed, however, by the level of support our colleagues, both seasoned and new, give one another.

I truly believe that finding this IPIU site was a gift!!!

I look forward to meeting up with you again in these forums and hearing about your progress.

Until then, have a wonderful time!!!

Thank you for the kind comments. (I made a copy of your post and placed it here for others to see as well)

Rebecca

Jerome O Isaac-- is offline Sr. Distinguished Member:
    Private Investigators Forum

2007 Honorary Ambassador of Good Will
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharon O'Hanlon
    I am continually impressed, however, by the level of support our colleagues, both seasoned and new, give one another.

I truly believe that finding this site was a gift!!!!
    Greetings Sharon, you are so right about the support and the Gift.

Have a great day and a wonderful weekend.

Welcome Sharon

I Hope you are learning alot I don't now what level you are at but keep reading as you will learn alot

Everyone has been very helpful here and it's great that we get information from people with actual experience as investigators. Tips from professionals are a lot more helpful and personalized than reading textbooks facts all the time. Thanks for the help!

Jerome O Isaac-- is offline Sr. Distinguished Member:

2007 Honorary Ambassador of Good Will
    Greetings Brianne, that was very weli said, all the best with your training here at IPIU.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianne Garbett
    Everyone has been very helpful here and it's great that we get information from people with actual experience as investigators. Tips from professionals are a lot more helpful and personalized than reading textbooks facts all the time. Thanks for the help!
    Have a great day.

Joyce Jameson - is offline Distinguished Member of:
    Private Investigators Forums

Member of International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    I agree this is a gift, since I found it I have been reading obsessivley, I didnt even want to quit reading at bedtime last night so I put it on my ipaq and read myself to sleep. I think I have found what I've been looking for all these years

Hey Sharon and Susan,
    You guys are right. This forum is definitely a gift. And it's so true about all of the support and encouragement from everyone. My only hangup is being patient. I'm working on it though, and trying to reply to more topics on the forum.

mellonie

i find it very refreshing that i found a site that is so wonderful to people starting in the pi field. i wrote when i was in high school that i wanted to be a pi and i dont remember writing but these last few months i have been going through a career crisis. I come from the health care field, but i have always been really good and finding things that other people other wise miss or just are really not in tune with. Does that make sense? i have been looking for something that will challenge inspire and still allow me to work with people and by god i think i have found it !! i look forward to learning and reading more. thanks for creating a site that is so embracing Tamara

I would have to agree...finding out about the IPIU couldn't have come at a better time. I stumbled upon it by doing a job search, and came up with a listing for local PI work, and was referred here.

I've been amazed how smoothly IPIU has been. Just as quickly as I've submitted documents I have proceeded to the next step. As for the forums, I find myself reading so much and absorbing so much information and not allowing myself to put in my own input.

Lightbulb Same Here

I agree with you. Ironically, I found IPIU after losing my FT job. I have always wanted to launch this new career path but had no clue where to begin. Hopefully, many positive jobs and connections will come my way from this forum membership!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharon O'Hanlon
    Hi, Susan. I am in awe as well. The primary message that I am getting as a newcomer is that we should put in as much time as we can reading through the various forums and then, be patient.

The seasoned members have all been right, most of my questions have already been answered in one forum or another.

I look forward to meeting up with you again in these forums and hearing about your progress.

Until then, have a wonderful time!!!

Positive Comments

It is good hearing all the positive comments about the site. Arthur

I agree as well, I found IPIU because a "training school" was bashingg the Union. I wanted to see exactly what they were cackling about.....I like it here.

Agree

I agree this site has given me so much useful info

John G - is offline Retired Forum Moderator

Sponsored by the International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Finding IPIU is a positive thing for me, too. I like the fact you can learn a lot of things here, and not just about private investigation, either. I appreciate the opportunity to have learned about IPIU and a lot of things since I have joined.

Johnny

James Devino is offline Union Member - International Private Investigators Union

Special Agent
    Office of Inspector General
    U.S. Postal Service

Thumbs up

Sharon et al,

I am currently a Federal Agent that is coming close to retirement. I plan to continue my investigative career in the private sector. Joining IPIU was my first step toward preparing for my transition from government to private investigative service.

Jim

Sharon,
    My thoughts exactly. I'm still in awe about the site, it has me logging on every time I get to the computer.
    D.Newman

hi everyone...this sounded like a good place to start...i am also a newbie .this site is exciting and overwhelming at the same time...lol...but more excited about this new adventure..something i always dreamed about..( magnum pi, simon&simon, jim rockford....im 45 so hence the old shows....15 yrs in printing industry, now construction...eveything happens for a reason....ok im done babbling for now..just wanted to get out here and get my feet wet and say hi to all...AL

Talking Learning from other's experience

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara Stevens
    i find it very refreshing that i found a site that is so wonderful to people starting in the pi field. i wrote when i was in high school that i wanted to be a pi and i dont remember writing but these last few months i have been going through a career crisis. I come from the health care field, but i have always been really good and finding things that other people other wise miss or just are really not in tune with. Does that make sense? i have been looking for something that will challenge inspire and still allow me to work with people and by god i think i have found it !! i look forward to learning and reading more. thanks for creating a site that is so embracing Tamara
    It is so refreshing to know that other's are out there with similar circumstances. I am also going through a career change and actually decided to make my dream job a reality.

I too have always loved working with the public but did not find the balance of income and job satisfaction. This career path is that balance I have been looking for. Being able to use my knowledge of prior careers, interpersonal skills and integrate my passion for being in this field is truly a blessing.

It is here that I am able to learn from others through their experiences to gain useful and working knowledge. In return, I am able to fulfill my goals and desires to become a private investigator. That's the balance in life that everyone is always hoping for. IPIU has provided that here. I thank you all for the posts and will continue to learn from your personal, professional and candid posts.

Your support is so appreciated and I look forward to the forum posts each day.
    ~Jessie Marie

good morning jessie...congradulations on your new adventure...i also found out that i needed the mental stimulation in any chosen profession...i needed to be challenged on a daily basis...i can't think of a more challenging or exciting career for all of us....also remember we are never too old to learn anything, we can learn something from anyone...the hard part is or was trying to find out what each of our true passion is....and here we are.......BIG AL

Ashley Mayne-- is offline Licensed Private Investigator

Distinguished Member:
    The people here in this forum are wonderful. I have been here for only a day and you can see how much I have posted already. This is because of everyone sending me messages and communicating with me.
    This is a huge place but with people here that are so nice and inviting, the place here all of a sudden seems a lot smaller.

ASHLEY MAYNE
    Licensed Private Investigator (Vic.AU)
    Victoria, Australia

This site is so interesting, I just cannot log out, I hope it is a good as they say. I got to go, more to read and keep myself busy for the day.

welcome aboard teresa....enjoy....

Distinguished Member:
    Things are still going well. People are great. Help is ongoing. What more can you ask for?

Lynne Knight is offline Certified Distinguished Member

(Retired Moderator)
    Corporate Agency Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    So true, Ashley. Everyone here basically have opened this wonderful door for themselves for what EVER reason. It wasn't pushed on anyone certainly. One of the most FUN things for me since I've been here is to watch the new people come in, sometimes quietly, sometimes not, but then to WATCH them grow as they continue on. TRULY a GIFT.

i was trying to remember how i came about this site....and i cannot remember what brought me here....i know i was not specifically looking for it..i know it was looking for something else...anyway low and behold her i am....there was something that guided me here for some reason...all in all..im glad this site found me or vice versa...im here to stay..

Distinguished Member:
    Thankyou Lynne,

It doesn't take one long to feel at home and start contributing in some way, shape or form.

I continually see alot of the same names here and some new. I must tell you how happy i am to be a part of this family. We may kid one another on some non-pi sites, but if you have any questions or concerns, this forum and the great people, newbies included, are here to help one another. Thanks IPIU family!

Hugh Brown Jr is offline Distinguished Member:
    Private Investigator Forum Member Corporate Agency Owner

Professional Member of:
    I agree Steven.

With most things new..it is awe-inspiring to say the least. I haven't even begun to scratch the surface. I'm finding my way and enjoying all the knowledge I'm gaining.. Glad to be here as well.
    Amity

Jacob F McRae is offline Licensed Private Investigator

Agency Member of:
    Welcome Sharon, I am new to this too. and this is a great site. You really can learn alot from reading the posts.

The more I read the more humbled I become by all the achievements of the IPIU members! Thank you for you post as I feel the same as you!

I too am in awe of IPIU and all of the information readily available. Every question you could possibly have is answered somewhere in the forums. There is just so much to read. It takes alot of time but well worth every minute.

Martin A Melton is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

2007 Member of:
    I'm just happy to be apart of a vine organization like this one. It has opened my eyes to alot of things. I thank all of you and I take my hat off to each and every one of you. If I might say, it's a job well done.

Todd Heddleson - is offline Sr. Member:

2005 - 2007 Professional Management Member of:

Thumbs up finding IPIU

it's kind of funny how I found this place, I was looking for a job, when I found IPIU I wont say were I found IPIU, but, I will say I'm glad I did!!

Stormy Renner - is offline *** Certified

Licensed Private Investigator
    Sr. Member - Private Investigators Forum
    I don't remember what I looking at when I came upon the IPIU site. I just remember being instantly sucked in and I couldn't pull myself away. I am glad now that I couldn't. It has been wonderful to read and learn from all of the posts. There are many people here that have shared their stories and experiences which keep me coming back and I finally have a clear mind when it comes to knowing what I want to do with my future.

Thanks to all who have inspired through this website.

Stormy Renner

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy Renner
    I don't remember what I looking at when I came upon the IPIU site. I just remember being instantly sucked in and I couldn't pull myself away. I am glad now that I couldn't. It has been wonderful to read and learn from all of the posts. There are many people here that have shared their stories and experiences which keep me coming back and I finally have a clear mind when it comes to knowing what I want to do with my future.

Thanks to all who have inspired through this website.

Stormy Renner

I was looking for an association that an investigator could join and I was just looking locally. My search pulled IPIU up and at first I was very hesitant. I reviewed the posts and it took close to a year before I joined. IPIU has turned out to be a wonderful surprise, far more that I was looking for!
    Craig W. Miller
    Badge#11145

Flora Porter is offline * Certified SPI
    Distinguished Member of Private Investigators Forum

Member of International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    I Truly believe it to a "Blessing"

Good things to come... I love what I have accomplished since I been here with IPIU.

tell me about it...i wasn't looking for this site either ..i found it quite by accident....i haven't left either....it was quite a blessing in disguise.........................AJ

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast