Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Revised: Guide To Finding My Introduction. 2005

Jerome O Isaac-- is offline Sr. Distinguished Member:
    Private Investigators Forum

2007 Honorary Ambassador of Good Will

Revised: Guide To Finding My Introduction. 2005

Greetings Newcomers, my name is Jerome O Isaac, and I’m a Newcomer like you.

Tip: open two copies of IPIU forum, use one to view this Guide and the other practice with.

First time when you enter IPIU front doors and have read the Mission Statement and after you sign your Code Of Ethics. you will be taken to the forum, where you can Introduce yourself to other members, letting them know you’re here, so they can stop by and welcome you.

Part of the training here involves reading and writing, these two basic tools when sharpened will take you very far in this Private Investigating business.

For simplicity, I have highlight all the Major things to look for in Red, read them carefully and practice them a few times until you are familiar with the process, ok have some fun and I’ll see you at the end of this guide.

Now when someone with a title under their name like, Admin, Technical Support, Forum Guide, Sr. Moderator, Moderator, etc., asks you to Post your Question in your Introduction where it would be better suited , this is what you do.

If you are unsure of how to get to the Forum Introduction Area. Click here -> http://www.ipiu.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45

At the top of the page you will see A Menu Bar Look to the far Right of the Menu Bar and you will see a welcome with Your Name and time you logged-in, like this ->
    Welcome, Jerome O Isaac.
    You last visited: Today at 01:38 PM

Now look to the far Left on the same Menu Bar and you will see things like:

Private Investigator Forums > LEISURE - LIFESTYLE - ENTERTAINMENT - Miscellaneous
    Active Topic, User CP, FAQ, Member List, Calendar, NewPost, Search, Quick Links, Log-Out.

Click on the heading Private Investigator Forums > it will bring up another screen, Look to the left as you scroll down the list,until you see the Heading Forum Introduction Lounge

Click on that name, you will be taken to the very first page in that area, where all Newcomers like me and you Have left our Introduction.
    Having Fun Yet

Now put you cursor or mouse on the Search Button above Click and hold the Mouse or Cursor there, it will open the Search Field Type in your Name there exactly as you did when to first signed up

The next screen that appears will be a list of everything you ever Posted, Replied to, with the most recent one on the Top.

Now scroll down the list until you see Your Introduction which will begin with either Hello my name is or Hi All, my name is or something like that.

Click on the link in blue where it says, By: Your Name. Now when the next screen appears, you have two choices. First look to the top left by the Menu and you will see a Button Called, New Thread with a piece of paper and pen on it Click this button when you want to ask questions, that you cannot find answers to on the Forum

The screen that appears after clicking the button, will bring up a Blank space or Blank Clipboard as some of us call it and will have a heading Post New Thread and Under Post New Thread, you will see Title and under the Title a Message Area.

That's where you would type your message or Question. When you're finish typing your Message or Question, look to the bottom of this area and you will see two more buttons 1) Submit New Thread. 2) Preview Post The 1st button is final when pressed, that means it will be posted on the front door of IPIU, and everyone will be able to see your Message or Question when they first walk through the door, and help you Promptly. The 2nd gives you a chance to look over your Message or Question before you're ready to send it or post it on the door.

If you have completely read this guide, I would like to Congratulate you.

Also if this has helped you in anyway, please pass it on to anyone who needs this type of Help

Very good post.

Sandi Beck

Hi Jerome

Thanks for your tips about finding the Introduction Forum and posting comments. However, as I followed those directions I found no button marked "post new thread" only one marked "post reply," which does bring up the message area.

I'm able to find the introduction forum and ask questions. I'm just not yet getting any answers to my specific ones, such as:

where is the rest of tutorial? I've only been able to find how to code smilies and every link I've found so far that references the tutorial leads me to the smilie coding. Is there actually more and can I access it as a temporary member or guest?

I understand the bold, italic, underline, justify, indent, bullet codes. I don't understand the wrap and close commands iconed on this message board. Where can I find the info detailing all of this?

Thanks

Greetings Sandi, you are most welcome, I also want to thank you for being very observant in finding that flaw in the Guide, you have demonstraited good PI skills by you paying attention to details, Congratulations.

Keep up the good work.

Post New Thread and New Thread should read Quick Reply to this Message

Submit New Thread à should read Submit Reply

Have a great day.

Sandi, look in the Test Your Forum Writing Skills on this Forum and you will find all the answers there in the Subforums area call Ann's Training Topic and This is a Test

Hope this helps and let me know if you need more assistance.

Have a great day.

Greetings Everyone at Legal Affairs, you are very welcome, thanks for the compliment.

I know how hard working you all are over there, and would like to say Thanks for taking the time out to read the Post.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Cristina S Frausto

I am glad you posted this stuff....I need to print it.....cristina

Greetigs Cristina, thanks for taking the time out to read this post, I hope it has helped you in come way.

Have a great day.

Thank you, Jerome for providing such detailed information.

Greetings Deborah, you're very welcome, I hope this guide has helped in some way keep on learning.

Have a great day.

Thanks once again, Jerome, for the info on the right place to navigate to find the details on forum writing. I will try what you suggested.

Sandi

Greetings Sandi, you're very welcome, I'm glad to see you're keeping busy with all the reading materials on this site, you're doing great.

Have a great day.

cristina s frausto

yes! I wish I had read this a lot sooner (should have read it, I should say).....thanks again....cristina

Greetings Cristina, you’re very welcome, Yes! Yes ! I hope you had fun reading it as many others did.

I also hope you’re learning as much as possible and having lots of fun at it.

Have a great day.

Thanks so much Jerome for the help. Reading your link had greatly eased my reading. I'm and truly thrilled to be a part of such a close nit group of individuals. Thanks for everything.

Definitely the most detailed help on this subject, Great job.

Jerome,
    When I try to click on my name. it tells me I do not have access to that page yet. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks for your help.

Greetings Harrison, you're very welcome and I'm glad to be of some help to you and anyone else here on the forum.

Thanks for the Compliment.

Have a great day and good luck with your training.

Greetings Robert, thanks for the compliment.

I'm New to IPIU and the forum just like you and many others here and just wanted to return the help I recieved when I first joined.

Hope you had fun reading it.

Have a great day and good luck with your training.

Greetings Kelli, you need to Click on the one with the heading Kelli Gerkin Introduction

The reason it says you do not have access to that page yet, is because of safety & security reasons here in the Level 1 forums; once you’re upgraded you will even have the luxury of having your own Edit Button.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, will have to put this in the next Revised Version.

Hope this helps and have a great day.

Thanks Jerome.
    I hope you have a great day too!

Greetings Kelli, you're very welcome, in the mean time just keep on reading as much as possible and in time you will notice your reading and navigation of the forum software will greatly improve.

Thanks for the well wishes and keep up the good work of learning. Yes, you're doing great.

Have a great day.

Thumbs up good advice

The first day I was overwhelmed. It does get easier after a few days. Now I zip right through all of this. That is a great guide Jerome. I wish I would have found it my first day here. You should title it as " beginers forum navigation guide". It might attract more of the new members like myself. Nice job though.
    Adam

Greetings Adam, I'm glad you had as much fun reading it as I did writing it.

PS: I will certainly consider your tip on the Title for the Revised Version.

Have a great day.

David Wolstenholm is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Thumbs up

You seem to know your way around here real well. Thanks for the guidance. This place can be overwhelming if you don't know what you are doing.

Greetings David, you're msot welcome, I'm glad you had as much fun reading it as I had writing it.

Have a great day and keep on learning.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome O Isaac
    Greetings Newcomers, my name is Jerome O Isaac, and I’m a Newcomer like you.

Tip: open two copies of IPIU forum, use one to view this Guide and the other practice with.

First time when you enter IPIU front doors and have read the Mission Statement and after you sign your Code Of Ethics. you will be taken to the forum, where you can Introduce yourself to other members, letting them know you’re here, so they can stop by and welcome you.

Part of the training here involves reading and writing, these two basic tools when sharpened will take you very far in this Private Investigating business.

For simplicity, I have highlight all the Major things to look for in Red, read them carefully and practice them a few times until you are familiar with the process, ok have some fun and I’ll see you at the end of this guide.

Now when someone with a title under their name like, Admin, Technical Support, Forum Guide, Sr. Moderator, Moderator, etc., asks you to Post your Question in your Introduction where it would be better suited , this is what you do.

If you are unsure of how to get to the Forum Introduction Area. Click here -> http://www.ipiu.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45

At the top of the page you will see A Menu Bar Look to the far Right of the Menu Bar and you will see a welcome with Your Name and time you logged-in, like this ->
    Welcome, Jerome O Isaac.
    You last visited: Today at 01:38 PM

Now look to the far Left on the same Menu Bar and you will see things like:

Private Investigator Forums > LEISURE - LIFESTYLE - ENTERTAINMENT - Miscellaneous
    Active Topic, User CP, FAQ, Member List, Calendar, NewPost, Search, Quick Links, Log-Out.

Click on the heading Private Investigator Forums > it will bring up another screen, Look to the left as you scroll down the list,until you see the Heading Forum Introduction Lounge

Click on that name, you will be taken to the very first page in that area, where all Newcomers like me and you Have left our Introduction.
    Having Fun Yet

Now put you cursor or mouse on the Search Button above Click and hold the Mouse or Cursor there, it will open the Search Field Type in your Name there exactly as you did when to first signed up

The next screen that appears will be a list of everything you ever Posted, Replied to, with the most recent one on the Top.

Now scroll down the list until you see Your Introduction which will begin with either Hello my name is or Hi All, my name is or something like that.

Click on the link in blue where it says, By: Your Name. Now when the next screen appears, you have two choices. First look to the top left by the Menu and you will see a Button Called, New Thread with a piece of paper and pen on it Click this button when you want to ask questions, that you cannot find answers to on the Forum

The screen that appears after clicking the button, will bring up a Blank space or Blank Clipboard as some of us call it and will have a heading Post New Thread and Under Post New Thread, you will see Title and under the Title a Message Area.

That's where you would type your message or Question. When you're finish typing your Message or Question, look to the bottom of this area and you will see two more buttons 1) Submit New Thread. 2) Preview Post The 1st button is final when pressed, that means it will be posted on the front door of IPIU, and everyone will be able to see your Message or Question when they first walk through the door, and help you Promptly. The 2nd gives you a chance to look over your Message or Question before you're ready to send it or post it on the door.

If you have completely read this guide, I would like to Congratulate you.

Also if this has helped you in anyway, please pass it on to anyone who needs this type of Help
    Well now, this has been one of the most helpful tidbits I have found; however, I have not had to much experience finding the tidbits as I am new but this certainly does help.
    Gela Brooks

Greetings Gela, I'm glad you enjoyed reading the Tidbits as I did writing it.

Have a great day and I hope enjoy finding and learning more Tidbits.

Cristina Frausto

Just checking in to see if anyone has asked something I need to know too....cristina

Greetings Cristina, it's good that you're keeping on top of things.

Have a great day and keep up the good work with your learning here.

Joyce Jameson - is offline Distinguished Member of:
    Private Investigators Forums

Member of International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Thank you for this info Jerome, not only was it informative, you make me smile

Greetings Joyce, you are very welcome, as you embark on your journey here at IPIU, you'll find that the materials posted here on the different forums, are designed to make your learning fun and enjoyable, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Have a great day; and all the best on the road ahead.

Wink Thank you

I would like to thank you Jerome for the help in getting around in the IPIU forum.

Greetings Cheryl, you're very welcome; and it was a pleaure helping you as others have helped me.

Have a great day; and all the best on the road ahead.

Jerome, Thanks for the help.

Greetings Mike, you're most welcome, I'm glad you took the time to read this help guide, hopefully this will give me more motivation to keep on helping newcomers like myself find thier way around the forum and be more productive.

Thanks again, and, all the best to you on the road ahead.

Have a great day.

Thumbs up Many Thanks

Hello All,

I am brandy new to this! I just wanted to say Thank You for having posted this topic. It sure makes it easier for a newbee.

One other thing....

I have found it really easy to keep a updated link page in my Excel, using three columns (date last visited, link title and the link itself).

These columns can be sorted by what the link is for or by the last date used.

This way I can look at the exact post that I left off with or pick another topic that I looked at in the past.

Sorry that this is sort of long, but it is an easy way to keep up with where you left off with.

Just thought this idea could help others!

Have a Great Day

Greetings Nancy, you are most welcome, and, it's nice to see you. I'm happy to hear that this post has help you in some way, the 2006 revised version has already been completed a few months now, but I need to revisit the Introduction Lounge before I submit the update.

I would also like to thank you for posting the tip for Excel here, good work, since I'm not too "Excel-lent" in that area I appreciate the tip.

Have a great day and I'll see you on the forum soon.
    JoI

Thanks Jerome! That is a most insightful bit of information! Keep up the good work and maybe we will all figure out this navigation system. Thanks for your help!!

Greetings Debra, nice to meet you.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post, I'm glad you found it insightful, I have another 3 part revised version ready for posting but, the first part is a bit long and I haven't the time to correct it just yet.

PS: there is a post on Navigation, if you need the link just ask and someone will be by to point you in the right direction.

Have a great day.
    JoI

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast