Thread: Multiple State Licensing

Question Multiple State Licensing

I have a license in GA SC TN FL NC. What states will not require a test (exam) to obtain a license in their state?

Helloooooooooooo

Hello Evelyn.

Wow. You have alot of licenses. I also hold licenses in numerous states but I am getting ready to limit my services to only one state due to "retirement".

You could get a license in Mississippi, Alabama, & Wyoming without taking a test.

However, some of the states you are licensed in require experience and testing. So why are you concerned with testing? I am sure you could pass all the test out there with flying colors.

Good Luck.

Mary Saunders

Evelyn, I don't know the answer to your exact question, but Colorado will go you one better: it does not require a license to be a PI here. Naturally, no license=no test.

That's not helpful if your goal is to wallpaper your entire office with hard copy licenses, but it's that much simpler operating as a newbie PI.

/Jan

PS Isn't there an entire forum/thread that discusses and reveals each state's requirements for licensure? I'm certain I ran across it one day - try using the "Search" button above for licensing requirements, if you haven't done so already.

Red face

My goal is not to wallpaper my office w/ hard copies of licenses. My goal is to obtain licenses in every state which requires it so that I may work in those states.

The company I work for currently has 10 investigators throughout the U S and we specialize in workers comp fraud investigations.

I would like to first obtain the licenses that do not require exams because it is that much sooner that the company can take in cases from there.