Thread: Working for a lawyers

Working for a lawyers

I am a certified Process Server and I do work for lawyers I was reading in another fourm and it said something along the lines being a PI trainee you could work for a lawyer caring your badge Carry his card to. Could some one please clear this up for me.I am trying to get my pI license in the state of SC.Got to have 3 years experience to get theme.I read David Copeland's thread when I called the state licensing board and ask for An Agency Application they wanted to know what type of agency I said PI. But if I can work for an Attorneys I can get my 3 years in. ANY help would be grateful!!!
    THANKS
    Scott Altman
    P.I. Associate
    Badge # 10496
    License Process Server
    Notary Public

Tammy Rose is offline Moderator (On Leave of Absence)

Distinguished Member:
    Private Investigators Forum
    I can't give you a whole lot of information Scott but I know I talked to a lawyer in my home town and I told him I was a Private Investigator in training and he seemed interested. He asked me if I had left my name and number. Hope this helps a little.

TJ

Tammy, some lawyers wanted to know if I could work for them but Idid not know if I could legally,I need info. I want to have my on besness hoping IPIU will help.
    Scott Altman
    P.I. Associate
    Badge # 10496
    License Process Server
    Notary Public

Tammy Rose is offline Moderator (On Leave of Absence)

Distinguished Member:
    Private Investigators Forum
    Scott the best information I could give to you at the moment would be the lawyers know the law, so I would say they would know if it were legal or not.

If I can get a little pocket money by being a case examiner for a local lawyer I know then so be it. Know what I mean? I could probably be a process server for him also at least until I get to level 4 here. Once I'm there they will help me.

I will only do something for the local lawyer because I know him but asking the other local lawyers if they need help will come later when I'm better trained. Talk to you later Scott and good luck.

TJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Tammy Ramirez
    Scott the best information I could give to you at the moment would be the lawyers know the law, so I would say they would know if it were legal or not.

If I can get a little pocket money by being a case examiner for a local lawyer I know then so be it. Know what I mean? I could probably be a process server for him also at least until I get to level 4 here. Once I'm there they will help me.

I will only do something for the local lawyer because I know him but asking the other local lawyers if they need help will come later when I'm better trained. Talk to you later Scott and good luck.

TJ

Hey TJ I am @ level 4, I do want help,waiting for a reply form David Copeland Adm. He said to ask for an agency application I did they ask for what type of application I did not know what to say, I said PI app. She said contact SLED all ready did that. I am stump! As for working for Atty. I would think I need some type license, I do have a Processing Service license. Thanks for the In put.
    Scott Altman
    P.I. Associate
    Badge # 10496
    License Process Server
    Notary Public

Lisa Frye - is offline Certified SPI
    Licensed Private Investigator

Moderator (On Leave of Absence)
    Sr. Distinguished Union Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Altman
    I am a certified Process Server and I do work for lawyers I was reading in another fourm and it said something along the lines being a PI trainee you could work for a lawyer caring your badge Carry his card to. Could some one please clear this up for me.I am trying to get my pI license in the state of SC.Got to have 3 years experience to get theme.I read David Copeland's thread when I called the state licensing board and ask for An Agency Application they wanted to know what type of agency I said PI. But if I can work for an Attorneys I can get my 3 years in. ANY help would be grateful!!!
    THANKS
    Hey Scott,

If you are already working for lawyers doing process serving, why don't you just stick around in here until you get more experience. You can let the lawyers know what you have accomplished here at IPIU and thenmaybe they would offer you some work investigating for them. Just tell them you are trying to work to obtain your PI license. It seems you already have a foot in the door! Like I said, participate in the various offers from IPIU to gain more experience first.

Best of luck to you!!

Lisa

how does one become licensed process server?

John G - is offline Retired Forum Moderator

Private Investigators Forums
    Sponsored by the International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Hi Melanie. There is a forum called, "Licensing Laws: Process Servers." If you'll click on that and look for the thread for your home state, that should give you the information you need. Please have a good day.

John

Lavon Reynolds is offline Lifetime Preferred Member

Corporate Agency Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Someone in another forum was just inquiring about working for Attorneys. I will give him the information to come to this forum.
    I am interested in being licensing in my state. I have all the information from reading the licensing forums for the State of MD. It's just a matter of time.

Thanks for the information.

Best of luck to all.
    L. R. Reynolds
    Badge 10166