Thread: Connecticut BEA Firearms Permit

Connecticut BEA Firearms Permit

Can anyone on the board tell me how a Connecticut Bail Enforcement Agent Firearms Permit mentioned in Form DPS-53-C (Bail Enforcement Agent License Application) differs from a regular CCW?

Below is the relevant section from Bail Enforcement Agent-Rules and Regulations

Sec. 29-152o-5. COURSE OF STUDY IN SAFETY AND USE OF FIREARMS.
    a) In accordance with the provisions of section 29-152m of chapter 533a, no bail enforcement agent licensed under sections 29-152f to 29-152i, inclusive, of said chapter, shall carry a pistol, revolver or other firearm while engaging in the business of a bail enforcement agent, or while traveling to or from such business unless such agent obtains a special permit from the Commissioner of Public Safety in accordance with the provisions of subsection (b) of this section.
    b) The Commissioner may grant to any bail enforcement agent licensed under sections 29-152f to 29-152i, inclusive, a permit to carry a pistol or revolver or other firearm while engaging in the business of bail enforcement agent, or while traveling to or from such business, provided that such agent has proven to the satisfaction of the commissioner that such agent has successfully completed a course, approved by the commissioner, of training in the safety and use of firearms.
    c) For purposes of this section, any person who has successfully completed a course conducted by a school approved by the commissioner under the provisions of
    section 29-161b of the Connecticut General Statutes and any regulation adopted under said section, shall be deemed to have met the requirements of this section.

Does a Connecticut Bail Enforcement Agent Firearms Permit allow, for instance, carry in places deemed "no-carry" zones for a civilian CCW?
    Or is it simply a licensing thing?

Hi Les,

I would like to help you out on your questions, but I don't know where the Form DPS-53-C is located, and therefore, I don't know what it reads.
    If you can let me know where to find it, I will read it over and will be happy to try to find out the answer for you.
    The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on.

Badge #6942

Lightbulb CT Form DPS-53-C

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Yulo
    Hi Les,

I would like to help you out on your questions, but I don't know where the Form DPS-53-C is located, and therefore, I don't know what it reads.
    If you can let me know where to find it, I will read it over and will be happy to try to find out the answer for you.
    Hi,

This is a PDF file with the form spelled out for you I found it on a google search.

http://www.state.ct.us/dps/SLFU/form...egulations.pdf

Don Carter