Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: She used to laugh at me. Now I have my own Firm!

Wow Richard!
    That's very inspiring. I'm glad to know that you can make your own firm happen if you work hard and believe in yourself. Best of luck to you!
    Kelli

Hi
    i had 50hrs of servaillance in workers comp in california,that was my first pi job.
    what other servaillance jobs are out there? and also how can i get my own badge?

thanks

Richard your story has definitly inspired me to do my best, even though my husband laughed at me when I told him what I wanted to do! I went to school for four years, and had no idea of what I wanted to do; and as soon as I saw the PI application I new it was perfect for me. I do have a 4 year degree in criminal social jusctice; and it never dawned on me that I have every skill needed to become a wonderful private investigator! Thanks everyone Christine

WOW , you all are inspiring me to keep up the hard work. I am working on my Bachelor's in Criminal Justice. I actually stopped when I got out of the Military and was getting ready to start back in the fall. Thanks for the inspiration. By the way, could someone give me some advice about getting started in here, I am a little confused

Joyce Jameson - is offline Distinguished Member of:
    Private Investigators Forums

Member of International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    I love this story because I'm the same way, tell me that I can't do something and then sit back and watch my smoke! When I was younger I think other peoples negativity bothered me but as I've aged I find negativity to be the fuel for my tank, congrats!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Herma Davis
    WOW , you all are inspiring me to keep up the hard work. I am working on my Bachelor's in Criminal Justice. I actually stopped when I got out of the Military and was getting ready to start back in the fall. Thanks for the inspiration. By the way, could someone give me some advice about getting started in here, I am a little confused
    Hi Herma, welcome to IUPU. I would suggest going to the Intro Lounge and introduce yourself first. Then go to the trainee questions forum. Most questions you have should be answered there. Good luck
    Christine

Joyce Jameson - is offline Distinguished Member of:
    Private Investigators Forums

Hi Herma,
    My hat off to you on your bachelors, I'm working on my associates in Criminal Justice, I hope to join you're rank soon

Richard,
    I want to thank you for sharing your experience. Good for you!! Way to stick with it dude! Your perserverance and hard work has obviously paid off. Good luck with your future.

Mellonie

Talking

Thanks I needed to read that although I am getting alot of support from my friends and family I have been haveing some of those negative thoughts myself so I am printing out your sucess story and I am going to read it anytime those negative thoughts creep in

Richard, great story...it inspired me and I'm just getting started. Hope all is still going well for you.

Starting a new career is like playing mother may I as a kid.

When you ask yourself, you answer yourself, Yes, you may.

Thanks for sharing the story Richard.

Nothing will stop you now.

Jeanne Jasiewicz

Great job Richard, keep up the good work

Hi Richard,
    Congratulations, It seems as though you are on fire!Keep up the good work and persistence. "Don't let anyone poor water on your fire!"
    Patrice Solomon

Theodore Owens is offline * Certified
    Licensed Private Investigator

Agency Owner & Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)ber
    Congrats. You are truly an inspiration to us all. I just recently, started my own firm in Ohio and I can relate to your story. Please keep in touch. Don't forget to look into joining other professional organizations such as OASIS (Ohio Assoc. Security & Investgative Services), NCISS (National Council Investigative & Security Services)
    THEODORE OWENS
    Chief Investigator
    Agency Owner
    Ohio Special Services Group
    Class "A" License # 2005005899
    Ohio

Richard,
    Boy can I relate to the negativity. I have been in network marketing and got out due to what friends and family members have said. I will print out your story and keep it on my wall as an everday reminder. Thanks for sharing.

Great Job Richard. I have been receiving the same reactions from some of the people who are close to me.

That is exactly what I can't wait to do .....Good for you ...

Congratulations Richard!
    See what happens when you hang in there! Now whose have the last laugh!
    Patrice-Maria Love

Incoronata Travaglione is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Great Job Richard,
    Keep Up The Good Work!

Incoronata Travaglione

At the risk of redundency, i want to add my 2 cents.
    Sitting here in the forums, we sometimes get a rush when we read of how someone made it! Thanks for sharing your own experiance.I wish you continued success. On to your next goal and remember,
    Winners never quit, only losers do"
    Lynne Knight is offline Certified Distinguished Member
    Private Investigators Forum

(Retired Moderator)
    Corporate Agency Member of:

Wink

This is my fourth and last TOTAL career change. My family has ALWAYS questioned my career choices, but for the past three years, THIS career has them all stepping back a little with their arms folded and nodding approval. There was a bit of initial worrying from them, but they seem to have gotten over it fairly quickly! Congratulations to any and all who are going after their dreams, WITH or without the approval of their families and friends.

Richard, what advice would you give someone who wants to start their own firm.

super kudos! keep on keeping on! folloqing behind you soon!

Great sucess story Richard! God Bless You in your business and keep up the good work! Because you preservered, look at where you are now!

WOW!

What an encouraging story! thank you, thank you thank you! My family is trying to discourage me, but people here at IPIU are so great, and encouraging. Thank you for sharing that with us!

Sincerely, Sarah

Hey Richard
    Thanks for telling me about that big assignment you got. I hope I can get a mystery shopper assignment like yours one day. That would be awesome!

Congratulations, Richard. I am new to the forum, but after hearing your testimony, I am even more endeavored to fulfill my career goals. Dittoes to you.

Wo COndgratulation on ur sucess...
    Laritza G.

Jack Campbell is offline Sr. Moderator (On Leave of Absence)

Sr. Distinguished Member:
    Private Investigators Forum
    It's stories like this one, who keep the hopefulls motivated to get their career started. Thanks for sharing this story with us, and nothing but more big checks to make her eyes gouge out of her head somemore. lol

I'm happy for you Richard. Many times people close to you tend to put a stumbling block in your path. But, it's up to you to make a new path or give in and fail before you start.

P.S. "Where there's no struggle, then there's no progress"

James Bone is offline ***
    Licensed Private Investigator

2006 - 2011 Professional Member of:
    Congratulations Richard. Hard work, determination, and drive, thats what that is. I am hoping to do the same thing in about 4 or 5 months. Congratulations again Richard.

don't ever let anyone stop your dreams & goals, people can make you feel inferior only if you let them...My
    best to all!

Richard Moschetti Jr is offline *** Certified
    Licensed Private Investigator, Retired LEO

Professional Member of:
    Congratulations and good luck.

Judith Allen - is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Thumbs up

Richard,
    You are a real example of where there's a will, there's a way!! Good luck to you in the future.

Wow I must say that your story has completely inspired me to keep going. My life has turned to a different avenue and it gives me hope that yes I can do something from home and make a good living at it.

My friend who was a PI told me for several years to try PI work and kept telling me he sees that I have some raw talent and this type of work would be really good for me especially in my situation.

My essential goal is not be this rich person although that would be nice but to be able to be involved in something that I love and enjoy.

Again thank you for posting your testimonial. I can only imagine how well you are doing now.

one can do anything one sets their mind to do... kudos

Re: She used to laugh at me. Now I have my own Firm!

Good Luck and Best Wishes!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Greiner
    I want to drop by and say HI to everyone and say Thanks to IPIU and also to the Friends on here that encouraged me to Join IPIU and stick to the PI field.

Now I am 25 and started my own firm - yeah - I run it out of my home, but it's something to look at and say - "hey you did it, you fulfilled your dreams of becoming PI."

At first it was rough and I thought I wasn't going to make it but somehow I stuck through it - yeah, had doors slammed in my face and got hung up on by other firms - but you know what? It just made me want to do it more, so I keep on going and never stop.

I am working under two of the biggest Integrity Investigation firms (Mystery Shopping companies), and last week they offered me to take over the assignments for them in my Area and I gladly told them yes - and couldn't believe it. And after I hung up I couldn't help myself - I just started to almost cry, it was worth the wait and getting put down by others saying you're not going to make it or you can't do it.

I had a family member also told me at one time to get a real job and there was no future in the road I was taking. But I just saw this person last week and she asked, "Are you still doing your stupid PI work that’s not getting you anywhere?"

I couldn't help myself but to break out with the biggest laugh and said, "Honey, I want to thank you for telling me I wasn't going to make it and I want to show you something." I pulled out a CHECK that was written by a client of mine and said, "Now, come again?" and all she said was, "well um" and I said "That’s what I thought!" and took my check back and said thank you, and walked away.

Well, I just wanted to drop by and say Hi. I've been so busy lately I haven’t had time to get on the forum for a while.

Thanks my friends!

First I wanted to say congrats about that and it was done so tasteful.Next I would like to know if there is any advice and leads you could give to some one just starting out.

Richard, I just wanted to say what an inspiration reading your story was. When I tell people what I'm about to do they have some smart comment that makes me think twice and almost think that maybe they are right. It makes a big difference to know that others are being confronted by the same issues. Now when I hear something like that I'll just remember this posting and think-- just wait, soon you won't have so much to say. I am so proud of the way you handled that situation, I bet that felt so good. Well, thanks again, I'm looking forward to my moment! Good luck in all your future endeavors.

Sherice Saddler

Lynn E Payne is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Professional Management Member of:

Richard. Your story has made me realize that I can make my own dream come true. My mother is always on me about doing my PI studies. She says I wont have the time with my current job or finances to do all of this. She has always tried to bring me down. I have taken courses through Ashworth College twice. The first time I sat on my rump and didn't follow through. I took the courses again this year, and I gaurentee you. I'm going to be stepping up not siting down no matter what anyone else thinks. Thank you for your inspiration and good luck.

41. Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast