Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: She used to laugh at me. Now I have my own Firm!

Good luck to you as well John.

Good for you!

hi all: way to go Richard good job. Now I know that just maybe I will beable to do the same with hard work and learn learn on here

Vernon;
    Good luck to you, as well! Us "oldsters" have to "keep on truckin'"!

Fred,

Thanks, and isn't that the truth? - "keep on truckin" I mean. Can't sit around too long or I'll start to feel old.

Hearing a story like that just makes me want to learn more and try harder.
    Thanks for sharing that!

Matt

Richard,
    It is so great that you came to a point where you are making it. A lot of people show negativity towards others dreams and goals and I really believe it is because they are afraid to take that chance of going somewhere with their dreams. Mu husband has an eigth grade education and everyone said he would never go any where he completed his GED has taken college courses including autocad which is not easy and has made his company grow from one crew to four. The ones that told him that he would go nowhere are now his employees and have been in the field of construction a lot longer than him. We are now selling our company to go after our goal . We have a five year contract of making a stipend on the company with the new owners so we can do this venture without struggling. When we get our license or even our first assignment we will be saying who is laughing now! The guys that laughed are 65 years old and still laying block which is hard in this heat of Florida. My husband had enough common sense to get out when he is younger and try and make a living in a much less phyical way.
    good luck on all your new assignments and I will say that your post was very inspiring to those of us that are a little apprehensive but still willing to take a chance
    Roberta
    AKA
    Robin

Thumbs up Go RICHARD!!

Great JOB Richard!! I still have folks telling me that I am stupid or frown when I tell them that I want to be a PI. I have found out that the only people who put you down are the ones who are scared to step out on there own to try something new.

Hardwork always pays off so keep up the good work and good luck to you!!

Terri,
    Now adays with this younger generation they do not seem to know what hard work is. There are so many out there that just don't want to take chances if they only realized the possibilities that await those who try!
    Robin

Exclamation Don't Give Up NOW!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vickie Berg
    Thank You!!
    I was just thinking today that maybe this was a crazy idea and I should abandon the idea. You have now inspired me to stick with my dreams and give it my all.
    I appreciate your story.

Vickie,
    You can't give up now!! You just started..........
    WE CAN DO THIS!!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta A Bryant
    Terri,
    Now adays with this younger generation they do not seem to know what hard work is. There are so many out there that just don't want to take chances if they only realized the possibilities that await those who try!
    Robin

Roberta,

Most of them are cought up in video games and never had to work really hard to earn a living.

I have been trying to teach my son that there are better things in life then just hand out and if he wants to make it in life then he has to work hard for it.

I hope I am setting a good example!

Richard Greiner,

Congradulations

My name is Stacy Moll. I am a New Forum Member. I New all your hard work has paid off. There is no better feeling then setting a goal an following through with it until you accomplish it. Because you know " you can do anything you set your mind to do ". Wishing you much more success. May God continue to bless you.

Stacy Moll

New Forum Member

Thumbs up Congratulations!

Richard,

I was very impressed by your story. It's just the thing I need to hear right now. I consider you a friend who has just reminded me of a quote I remember from an unknown source:

"A friend is someone who knows your song--
    and sings it to you when you forget!"

I'd like to thank you and wish you continued success!
    Cleo

Lightbulb new firm

Richard
    Thanks for the inspiration it helps. Especially being a newcomer.

Kathie Evans is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Richard, Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I have been told that I'd never get nowhere as well. But I keep on going and want to go all the way to the top with my investgative work. I will not stop until I accomplish want I want, despite what others say! I'll show them!!..TEEHEE
    Have a good one!
    Kathie

Richard,
    That's great news and this story will motivate me when others want to get me down and don't believe in me. As long as I believe in myself that's really what counts.

thanks and congrats again
    Zaida

Good luck Rich ,your on your way don't let knowbody say,you can't do it .

Richard,

that is GREAT! I'm sure that most people think those kinds of thoughts. It gets worse as you get older, but you've been able to show everyone that you can do whatever you want. JUST DO IT! I know that if I told my family that I was thinking about this, they would probably think I was crazy. Thanks again for providing the motivation to continue on.

Stephen L. Keeling - is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Professional Management Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Way To Go Richard,

You sound alot like a friend of mine I used to work with. All he ever talked about was making money and becoming a Millionaire. After everyone at work laughed at him and made jokes, he quite and followed his dream. About 3 years later he started his own company and now is a MILLIONAIRE with a Fortune 500 Company.
    Good Luck Richard
    Never Quit.

Good Afternoon Everyone:
    I am sending you a little history information. I found this information when I wanted to give my assistants an unusual Christmas present last year.
    I was doing background searches at my previous job and my assistants were helping me. I was so appreciative of their good work, that I had to do something unusual.
    My husband and I receive all kinds of catalogs and one had Police & Military items.
    This certain catalog, had old west badges.
    I found one that was for the Pinkerton National Detective Agency. It was really heavy. I believe it was made of pewter.
    I purchased a "shadow box".
    I place the badge on a heavy piece of cardbord and covered it with black velvet. I found the following information on the Pinkertons and printed it on a nice piece of parchment paper and put it along side the badge. It is all mounted in a black wood frame with white matt. I had their names engraved on a black metal plate and put it at the bottom of the frame. It turned out very nice and they were "stunned".
    Now of coarse I am not working at the company, but I still have my nice frame picture with my Pinkerton badge. Yes, I made one for myself as well.
    Here is the piece I wrote.
    Allen Pinkerton was known by the nickname "The Eye", which today has become to mean all detectives as "private eyes."

Allen Pinkerton was born in Glasgow, Scotland on August 25, 1819. As founder of the most famous detective agendy in America, as well as the one who orgainzed te Federal Secret Service. Pinkerton believed himself to be the greatest detective ever.

In 1850, Allan founded The Pinkerton National Detective Agency based on his own incorruptible principles. His values became the cornerstone of a respected agency that still exists today.

As a result of his reputation, Pinkerton was selected to coordinate the Federal Secret Service.

Pinkerton's agency is probably best remembered for their work in breaking up labor unions and strikes in the 1870's

Pinkerton interests were in the "big money," and he was in support of the railroads and major industrial corporations, and against the labor movement and unions.

The Pinkerton's were known for riding guard on payroll from corporations to banks.

[/B]Their mission statement is:
    [I][U]"To offer the best security soulutions, adapted to specific customer needs, precise in delivery and cost efficient."

Just thought I would pass this along
    Cheri

Quote Originally Posted by Cheri Beckwith
    Good Afternoon Everyone:
    I am sending you a little history information. I found this information when I wanted to give my assistants an unusual Christmas present last year.
    I was doing background searches at my previous job and my assistants were helping me. I was so appreciative of their good work, that I had to do something unusual.
    My husband and I receive all kinds of catalogs and one had Police & Military items.
    This certain catalog, had old west badges.
    I found one that was for the Pinkerton National Detective Agency. It was really heavy. I believe it was made of pewter.
    I purchased a "shadow box".
    I place the badge on a heavy piece of cardbord and covered it with black velvet. I found the following information on the Pinkertons and printed it on a nice piece of parchment paper and put it along side the badge. It is all mounted in a black wood frame with white matt. I had their names engraved on a black metal plate and put it at the bottom of the frame. It turned out very nice and they were "stunned".
    Now of coarse I am not working at the company, but I still have my nice frame picture with my Pinkerton badge. Yes, I made one for myself as well.
    Here is the piece I wrote.
    Allen Pinkerton was known by the nickname "The Eye", which today has become to mean all detectives as "private eyes."

Allen Pinkerton was born in Glasgow, Scotland on August 25, 1819. As founder of the most famous detective agendy in America, as well as the one who orgainzed te Federal Secret Service. Pinkerton believed himself to be the greatest detective ever.

In 1850, Allan founded The Pinkerton National Detective Agency based on his own incorruptible principles. His values became the cornerstone of a respected agency that still exists today.

As a result of his reputation, Pinkerton was selected to coordinate the Federal Secret Service.

Pinkerton's agency is probably best remembered for their work in breaking up labor unions and strikes in the 1870's

Pinkerton interests were in the "big money," and he was in support of the railroads and major industrial corporations, and against the labor movement and unions.

The Pinkerton's were known for riding guard on payroll from corporations to banks.

[/B]Their mission statement is:
    [I][U]"To offer the best security soulutions, adapted to specific customer needs, precise in delivery and cost efficient."

Just thought I would pass this along
    Cheri
    Thanks, Cheri! That's a great idea and shows you had a lot of respect for your employees

Cheri,

That is an awesome gift. So creative and a really good history story. Thanks for sharing.

Cheryl

Thumbs up Pinkertons - Unite

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Gipfel
    Cheri,

That is an awesome gift. So creative and a really good history story. Thanks for sharing.

Cheryl
    Thanks Cheryl,
    I'm glad you liked it. It is something that I am glad I did, and hope that my assistants will remember the importance of the work they performed.
    I recently became FCRA certified and learned even more details regarding the buisness of investigation.
    It is exciting and rewarding, to know that you have been insturmental in stopping someone or something that will be harmful to all.
    This is a great web site and full of educational and supportive information and people.
    Thanks
    Cheri

Thumbs up Thanks Richard

I'm just in the beginning stages, still waiting to receive the fingerprint card and such. But your story reminds me that this is truely what I want to do.

Richard, thank you for sharing your story. We all have that "person" in our lives, I imagine, and it takes extra determination to punch through it - and make it our own. I'm going to remember your story as I hear similar things from other people in my life.

Cheri,

Thanks and best of luck to you.

Cheryl

If you don't believe in yourself no, believe me, not another soul will either. Good for you! Keep up the good work!

Keep up the good work! My pi business is beginning to pick up, also. I am currently taking online courses towards a BS degree in Criminal Justice. You never get to old to gain more knowledge. Me? 49 YOA

Thumbs up Your still a youngster........

Quote Originally Posted by John I Simmons
    Keep up the good work! My pi business is beginning to pick up, also. I am currently taking online courses towards a BS degree in Criminal Justice. You never get to old to gain more knowledge. Me? 49 YOA
    Thank you John,
    I admire your motivation in going back to school. I wanted to take an online course in Criminal Justice, and checked into it a year ago, but it would take me 3 years and cost me close to 13,000. The time is not the problem, but the cost is. I am 56 and originally thought that by the time I get through school and pay for the education I would be close to retiring. So I couldn't see how it would pay off. But listening to you makes me reconsider.
    After all there are "grandmas" out there that make excellent investigators, right? I mean who would expect them to be doing this line of work?
    You have given me a good reason to reconsider. That reason is "because I want to" and it will be good for me and everyone else.
    Thanks for your support
    Go Granny, Go Granny, Go......
    Cheri

Cool Yeah, Yeah, for us. We one Awesome group of people."

Quote Originally Posted by Laura Rosser
    If you don't believe in yourself no, believe me, not another soul will either. Good for you! Keep up the good work!
    Hi Laura,
    Thank you for the support. You are absolutely right.
    Only you know what you can and can't do.
    So many times people put limits on us, because either they feel it won't be good for us or they are afraid it will take us away from them.
    Most of our lives I think people do what others expect or want of them, not what they really want to do.
    Then they are left saying, "I wish I had done this or that," and never really get the satisfaction of having done or accmoplished what they really wanted to do.

I think parents push their children in certain directions, because they never did what they really wanted and so they are living their lives through their children.

I say, let the kids find their own path. You can support and guide them so they don't do the wrong thing, but let them become there own self. That's what we all want to do.

I think if that were more common, then we would not have so many divorces, with the claim, " I needed to find myself"

Well, now that I am off my soap box, I will end by saying
    We are all here because this is what we want to do..."
    Yeah, Yeah, for us. We one Awesome group of people."
    Cheri

Up there with the "Pros"

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Budde
    Thanks, Cheri! That's a great idea and shows you had a lot of respect for your employees
    Hi Frederick,
    I've been wanting to write back to you and yet, seem somewhat intimidated because you are a Federal Agent. I wish I could do what you are doing, but "alas" I am to old and don't have enough education.

It means a great deal to me that you are supportive of me and all of us and what we trying to do.

What type of work do you specialize in? I think all lines would be facinating.

If I had the education and experience I would love to work as a Profiler. I love reasearch and the "Cold Cases". What satisfaction when you finally close the case and know that "justice has been served."

I will look for your expert advise and support.
    Thank you
    Cheri

Dear Richard,

It was with the same perseverance and determination that you displayed in becoming self-reliant that I was able to become a Marine. I was able to change negative criticism into I CAN, I WILL overcome anything. It only makes one stronger, more determined. You've displayed that you can overcome any obstacle, and to do so by doing what you love.

Your story gave me, and others the inspiration to become great PI's in any capacity. I wish you continued luck and success. Thank you for finding the time to share your dreams and potential; I hope to do the same some day, soon.

Kimberly

Hi Frederick,
    Details can be posted in the private Level 4 forums and not in the public areas.

Way to go Richard. I am so glad that what you finally wanted is no longer that, a want. I went to a friends wedding yesterday and I mentioned that I was going to become a PI. Well I got the same thing as you, laughter. Let's just say that now I will try even harder to prove to her and everyone else that you will get as far as you chose to because it's all about work, and dedication. Keep doing what you are already and congratulations.

Temistocles Tatis is offline *** Certified
    Distinguished Member:
    Private Investigator Member
    One of the most valuable and wonderful thing's to believe in our self. Pinkerton really practiced that concept. It's the reason he became famous.

Hi Frederick,
    I've been wanting to write back to you and yet, seem somewhat intimidated because you are a Federal Agent. I wish I could do what you are doing, but "alas" I am to old and don't have enough education.

It means a great deal to me that you are supportive of me and all of us and what we trying to do.

If I had the education and experience I would love to work as a Profiler. I love reasearch and the "Cold Cases". What satisfaction when you finally close the case and know that "justice has been served."

I will look for your expert advise and support.
    Thank you
    Cheri
    Hi Cheri!
    Sorry it took so long to respond, but I'm on the road (traveling) so much I haven't had a chance to respond. You're certainly giving me a swelled head, young lady
    Unfortunately, there's not too much I can say about my position or Agency, except that it's fascinating work and I wish I had gotten into it years ago. I came from the private sector and "went government" back in 1997. Long before the current problems. Keep up the good work, and most importantly: make sure you enjoy your job/profession. That is more than half the battle. We have a great group of people here in the IPIU, and make sure you use all of their resources. Hope you had a great Halloween, and stay safe!

Richard

That was outstanding,
    If you believe in yourself when no one else will, strive for perfection&always keep the
    negative individuals out of your life, And keeping your priorities in proper check , then
    your opportunities in life are limitless.

congradulations on your success in this field

MARK MING

Tammy Rose is offline Moderator (On Leave of Absence)

Distinguished Member:
    Private Investigators Forum
    Congratulations Richard!

I have yet to get started. But like most people I to fear the unknown. I guess you just have to plunge in with both feet and see if your going to sink or swim. With your great success story and so many others out there just like you,you give us newbies a great sense of hope. I too would one day like to be making the big bucks right out of my own home. So wish us luck.

TJ

Congrats Richard,

That was a very inspiring story. Just what I needed to "Keep my head in the game" so to speak. Thank you very much for that!

Chris

Mark,

I agree with Chris - good story!

Keeping priorities in check -- that is the key to our success.

Cheryl

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast