Thread: What surprised me about the International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

What surprised me about the International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Many of the testimonials I have read express surprise at the invormation contained in the posts. It seems the authors of these testimonials didn't expect the International Private Investigators Union (IPIU) to be so informative.

I did, however, was not surprised at the informative content of the posts. Not because I am smarter than the writers of the other testimonials, but because I knew I knew virtually nothing about private investigation. How could I not learn?

What surprised me was the quality of the posts. The vast majority are well written, posted in the right forum, respectful to others not as knowledgeable as the author, and well thought out. For the most part they even show correct spelling and proper punctuation. What a joy to read these fantastic posts. What an honor to be part of an organization with such high caliber members.

I am grateful to be allowed to participate in these forums. I am grateful to learn from professionals with such high standards.

Thank you.

Thumbs up *ditto*

I totally agree with Mr. Neidert I came in here not knowing anything about this business, but I quickly realized that this place was unlike others. Everyone here is more than willing to help you become all you want to be. They WANT you to learn what they know, not like most where people are afraid you are trying to take their jobs. This seems to me more like a brotherhood than a Union and I for one can not wait to become a member!
    Bonnie

Denise Damazio is offline Certified

Distinguished Member: Private Investigator Member
    International Private Investigators Union mebers are the best!

I totally agree with the others. I have never been involved in anything like this before. The total support and encouragement from others is truly a godsend.

I never could have realized my dreams coming true to become a PI if not for the efforts of every member coming together and offering their guidance and support.

Thank you to all who help me achieve my goals.

I love being a part of this great forum! Not only it is very addictive, you can advance your knowledge in the world of private investigation.

Glenn Fitzpatrick Guest
    I agree! I only sent my email in yesterday for the referral application to be mailed to me, and in the meantime have been exploring the forums since I know nothing at all about the profession, and if things are this enjoyable at this point and time, I can't wait to see what it's going to be like once I get underway!

After reading, reading, & reading some more, I finally bought the preffered membership. I sure hope this will go well. Can't wait to start doing some jobs.

I must agree with the others. This is a very professional organization and I am enjoying every bit of it. It a continuous learning experience that I am sure will pay off in the long run.

I also agree with everything I have read here. I'm still a beginner with this organization and have only had a little time to "get my feet wet", but it is clear that IPIU knows what they are doing.

Arrow

I really love this. I like to sit here and read...read...read. So much info in here!

It is interesting I will admit when you think you are stumped on something...Than someone asked the same question before you do, so you learn from each other. Mainly to "think outside the box".

Hi Mark,

I agree with you 100%. Although I admit that I came with low expectations so I was very surprised, I now read the forums with very high expectations. The quality of the posts is truly excellent.

Sincerely,
    Ivan Delgado, Ph.D.
    Texas

Mark,
    I can't say I'd actively thought about it, but I wasn't surprised either. There are apparently tens of thousands of members all over the world. That's a enormous collection of knowledge and experience, even if only a percentage of them are even mildly experienced professionals. As for the well-written posts, I am certain it is a result of the extensive reports written by members in the field. I'm very excited myself to get started in a new career.
    Daniel K Grubbs

I agree with Neidert. Many of the post are very informative and show true intellect and professionalism.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Christian
    I agree with Neidert. Many of the post are very informative and show true intellect and professionalism.
    Thank you, Eric.

We have nearly a quarter of a million topics and comments inj over 150 public and private forums. It is the world's largest inter-active website for both private investigators and trainees.

Quote Originally Posted by admin
    Thank you, Eric.

We have nearly a quarter of a million topics and comments inj over 150 public and private forums. It is the world's largest inter-active website for both private investigators and trainees.
    Just having access to the wealth of knowledge and information is a major plus and advantage in this field.

Bob

Having the proper knowledge and wisdom in anything you do is paramount. These forums provide infinite information toward success in completing your PI goals.

The comment about the quality of the posts rings true. I follow a mortgage forum because I do real estate also. They are always back biting and cursing and generally being disagreeable.

The posts in these forums are from good people

I agree. People here seem to be very friendly and respectful. I'm glad to be a part of this organization. It is very helpful and the people are supportive. I'm thankful to have found IPIU.

So secure

It seems sp relaxed when I come here.I mean there is no bickering and any question you have you can get the answer for.I feel comfortable becoming apart of an orgaization that is so well organized.It feels good to be apart of something positive and that's for a good cause!

I feel compelled to share my thoughts on this subject as well. I have been sitting at a virtually thankless job for quite some time. I have some 10 years of experience in the private security industry and a 2-year college degree - you may say that my options in the way of a career are limited and perhaps I became a bit discouraged due to that fact. I had myself believing that investigator positions would be very difficult to attain without prior police experience and so my goals seemed out of reach. However, since discovering this forum and the wealth of information and helpful tools (people) available to us all, I KNOW that I'm fortunate. I can't help but look forward to a potentially rewarding and exciting career! Thanks, all, for listening.

Joe, you have 10 years of private security experience and a two year college degree? There are so many folks who haven't finished high school, so pat yourself on the back okay? You accomplished what a lot of people have not. I only graduated last year myself with my A.A.S. in Paralegal Studies at 42! It's never too late to start anything. If you want it badly enough, it will happen. Believe in yourself, even when others do not. Sounds corny, I know, but it has always worked well for me Take care.

Cheryl: Thanks for your compliment! Some of us take quite some time to find exactly what we want to do as a career. That's why I believe that investigations will be quite rewarding; not the same thing day after day. Well, good for you! Paralegal studies will no doubt help you in this career, don't ya think? Thanks for being so encouraging... See ya 'round.
    Joe