Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Completed my First Assignment!

Arrow Completed my First Assignment!

I completed my first assignment on 1-23-04. I will be honest, prior to the day I had to actually perform the assignment, I cannot explain in words how nervous I was and how my stomach was in knots! Did anyone else have these problems? After I completed the assignment, it was like a ton of bricks were lifted off my shoulders! I actually amazed myself and performed the assignment correctly! Now, I feel a whole lot more relaxed and am ready for my next one and several after that!

I actually have another one scheduled for the first week of February. I am looking forward to that one.

I want to say thanks to all the members who have posted replies, I have learned a lot from you and want to thank you for all your efforts and time. Your comments and experience helped me to perform my first assignment correctly!

I hope everyone has a great day!

Originally posted by Mary A Young
    I think I will be a little nervous when I complete my first assignment also. I can't wait to get it! Isn't this place just great?

Now I know the rest will be easier for you!

Mary

Mary,

This place is great! I just wish I had found it a long time ago! But I plan to spend as much time as I can to becoming a full time PI. The more I read here, the more I am excited in becoming a PI!

Good luck with your new career!

Thanks,

Frank Shields

Talking Congratulatins Frank!

I think I will be a little nervous when I complete my first assignment also. I can't wait to get it! Isn't this place just great?

Mary

Re: Congratulatins Frank!

Originally posted by Mary A Young

Mary

Mary,

This place is great! I just wish I had found it a long time ago! But I plan to spend as much time as I can to becoming a full time PI. The more I read here, the more I am excited in becoming a PI!

Good luck with your new career!

Thanks,

Frank Shields

Brenda Muller is offline **
    Private Investigator Forum Member

2003 - 2004 Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Frank,
    Congratulation on your 1st assignment.
    Brenda Muller

Badge# 6864

Originally posted by Brenda Muller
    Frank,
    Congratulation on your 1st assignment.
    Brenda,

Thank you very much! I am already looking forward to the next one I have for next week.

Take care,

Frank Shields

Thank you for your comments.

Remember, when discussing assignments or private Level 4 forum issues, please keep your comments in a general view without specifics.

To all:
    Please review the Forum Rules here:
    http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthrea...&threadid=2914

For union member's of IPIU who have Level 4 access, please feel free to openly discuss any assignment particulars in the following "private forums" out of the public area:

Private Level 4 Assignment Discussions Link

Thank you for your support.
    Sara Livingston
    Director - Board of Ethics
    International Private Investigators Union

START WITH TRUST
    When you see the Better Business Bureau Seal, it means the
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU) has agreed to:

TELL THE TRUTH, KEEP ITS PROMISES, BE RESPONSIVE
    www.ipiu.org | IPIU Web Store
    BBB A+ Rating Link | Contact IPIU
    Founded in 1989 - Celebrating our 21st Year Serving 41,932 Members
    CALL IPIU TODAY TO JOIN: 800-548-1526

Talking Good for you!

Frank,

Congratulations on completing your first assignment! I'm sure that I'll be just as nervous when I get mine. I also wish that I had found IPIU a lot sooner! I just got my criminal warrants registration and fingerprint card today, and I'm very anxious to get it all completed so that I can move on to the next step in the process of becoming a PI. May you continue to be successful and fully enjoy your new career!
    Thomas M. Simpson, Jr.

Hello Frank

Congratulations, Frank, on the completion of your first assignment.

Bridgett

Talking

congratulations!!

I was wondering how difficult your first assignment was without obviuosly going into detail. Were they pleased with your results?

Congratulations Frank! Great job, keep up the good work. Now you know you were worried for nothing. Relax and reap the benefits of your success.

Enjoy the view in here because it leads to a vast world out there. Remember, there is no great "I" without "You", but together there is nothing "We" can't do! God bless you in all of your endeavors.

Thumbs up

Frank,

Congratulations on completing your first assignment. We are moving into week two of February so by now you've completed your SeCoNd assignment. How did it go? Was your stomach still in knots?
    Daphane Davis

Talking

Wow soooo cool. I have to admit I sometimes sit up and wonder "what my first assignment" will be. Yes I'm that excited! Congrats!!

Barbara Compton

Michael Harris is offline Lifetime Professional Management Member

Distinguished Insignio Colleague of:
    Frank,

Being nervous indicates that you were not cocky about your skills. Only the arrogant or the idiot is never nervous.

Congratulations!
    Michael E. Harris

Badge #6718

Frank,

Congratulations on your 1 st assignments sucessful completion.
    Keep up the fine work.

Talking

Being nervous indicates that you were not cocky about your skills. Only the arrogant or the idiot is never nervous.
    Michael I wanted to thank you for your statement to Frank. I had actually thought because I was nervous, it wasn't normal. I was having second thoughts about doing this. Thanks for the encouragement.

Thanks again
    Barbara Compton

Congrats and good luck

Frank,
    I'm doubly encouraged! It is great to hear that a fellow IPIU member and fellow resident of Michigan has completed his first assignment with another one lined up. I just sent my test back on Saturday and am waiting for the results. I can hardly wait to get started. Best of luck in your future assignments.
    Sandy

Frank,

Congratulations on completing your first assignment! I can't wait to get my first one.

James Lykins-- is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Thumbs up Congratulations, Frank

Its good to know what to expect when my first assignment comes along! Its also good to know that my stomach will settle down by that second assignment. I know that after that initial assignment, you are on your way now!

Best of luck to you in the future, and thank you for sharing those descriptive feelings you had! I look forward to eager anticipation in my quest to be part of the P.I. family!

Congrats Frank!

My military background has taught me that there is nothing wrong with being nervous as long as you don't let your nerves take you over. I'm sure I'll be nervous on my first assignment but I'll definitely have your and other posts I have read in the back of my mind to make it through.

Thanks,

Kevin L. Jackson

Thank you for your post on your 1st assignment, that is the first post I've read about anyone's 1st assignment. Interesting read.
    In fact, your post inspired me. Keep us posted on your 2nd assignment.
    I'm a newbie, learning the ropes... beginning the journey...

Kurk it is a great journey! Even though I have yet to get my manuel,(I have just gotten my finger printing ect done & sent in) I am excited and willing to learn all I can. Good luck on your new adventure!

Barbara Compton

Smile Nice Job

I'm sure I may have more than jitters when I get to my assignments. I'm having problems with the site so I'm not able to do much. I e-mailed my mentor and never received any reply from him so I'm trying to find somewhere on this site for help. Thats how I ran across your success story. Keep up the good work it gets easier the more you do.

Good Luck!
    D

Congrats Frank!!!!!!

Hi Frank,

Congratulations on completing your first assignment. I am sure you have done a few more by now. I wish I would have found IPIU sooner, but oh well, patience is a virtue. Hope all goes well in the future. Take care and be safe out there.

Darcie

Talking

Frank:

Congradulations on your first assignment! I'm sure things will be easier on your next assignment now that you have a little experience under your belt.

As Sara mentioned in an earlier comment here, most of the assignment details chit chat happens in the private Level 4 union members only forums that she provided a link to. There are many more union members who have posted their assignments in that area, but may not have the time to share some of it in the public forums, such as this one.

And my point? Simply that Frank is not the only PI that has had jitters.
    Technical Support
    Administrator

Talking

I'm glad he shared!
    Barbara Compton

Congrats!

From one Frank to another, I am new here and can't wait to have that same nervous excitement of MY first assignment.

Thanks for sharing.

Vaya con Dios

First assignment

Congrats Frank
    I am also new to the forum. I just sent my fingerprints and CWR off and waiting patiently to be as far as you. I know I will be nervous the on the first assignment also. IPIU members have already helped answer many questions that I had. It is good to see that i came to the right place to get my training
    Tim Greenlee

Thumbs up

Congrats Frank thanks for sharing your state of mind and I commend you on your focus and determination to get the job done regardless of your nervous state. I am encouraged by your story. Thanks.
    James M. Cary Jr

Tiffany H. Causey - is offline Certified SPI
    Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of:

Thumbs up

Congratulations Frank!
    It sounds like you did well. Your post is encouraging to all of us who are just starting out.
    Good luck on your next assignment.

Tiffany Causey

Good Job Frank

Thumbs up curious

Frank, congrats, sounds really motivating, what kind of case was it , or are you at liberty to discuss it. That is always a good feeling to accomplish a goal you set, and thanks for passing it along, Carl.

I shall leave no stone unturned!
    Carl R. Isenhour, (I shall leave no stone unturned)

Dana`s response

Dana, just read your post, and it sounds like you dont have 100% faith in your self, listen & learn, pay extreme attention to detail, and it will all be second nature, every one starts somewhere we have all been there , done that, drive on and good luck, Carl

I shall leave no stone unturned!
    Carl R. Isenhour, (I shall leave no stone unturned)

Congratulations on your assignments! I am so nervous, and I don't have anything lined up yet! Keep up the good work, and maybe I'll have some news about me soon.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Shields
    Brenda,

Thank you very much! I am already looking forward to the next one I have for next week.

Take care,

Frank Shields
    Congratulation on your first assignment, hope all future one will be just as feather.
    Good luck
    Katerina
    Katerina Zah.Marino

Congrats Frank,

Sounds like your first assignment is the first of many that you will enjoy--As a new member I'm waiting for my first as well --continued success in your endeavors--

Dan

Congrats on you first assignment

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Harris
    Frank,

Congratulations!
    That's not entirely true. I don't consider myself either of those and I am not "cocky" or very nervous. I know that when I am tasked with my first assignment, as long as I do what I know I am supposed to do, how I am supposed to do it, follow the instructions of any senior investigator I may or may not be working with and keep an open mind and perform professionally while working it, everything will be just fine. Sure, there are concerns that will be going through my mind about what I need to make sure I get done and I know I will constantly be reminding myself to be thorough....but I won't be "nervous" and I hardly think that makes me arrogant or an idiot.

Congrats on your first completed assignment!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast