Thread: Miscellaneous

Originally posted by Colleen L Hayes
    Rod,

The Dept of Public Safety is located in Phoenix. The phone number Jason gave you is their number. The office address is:
    2102 W. Encanto
    Phoenix, AZ 85009
    As I mentioned before, their office hours are 0800-1200 hrs, M-F.

Any time you want to ask me questions or use me as a sounding board please do. Good luck!!

Colleen

Hi Colleen:
    I'm a fairly new member from AZ as well. In fact we are neighbors in the Valley Metro area. I'm from the East Valley area. I was wondering if you are still with IPIU? This post was from Oct. I'd really be interested in talking to you more. Thanks.

Laura Hyde
    Private Investigator Trainee

Talking

Hello Rod, & Colleen,

Thank you for the very useful information, I also wanted to jump in and say hi to Laura. It sounds like we are neighbors, I too am from the East Valley! Look forward to bumping into you again around the forums!

Take Care,
    Kristen Godot Badge #6931

Smile

Hi Kristen & Laura,

Yes, I am still a member of IPIU. Good to have you two aboard. I'm not able to get on line as much as I would like to these days. My work schedule is horrific. I look forward to communicating with both of you in the future. One of these days, we Arizonians will have to meet for coffee.

Colleen L Hayes Badge #6915

Hi Kristen:
    It's nice to find someone from my own area! I see you joined in September, do you know what area you want to go into yet? I am definately going after deadbeat spouses. Have you called DPS to check on AZ licensing? Have you got your finger prints done? If so, where did you have to go to get it done and what did it cost? Where is a good place to go for a picture for the photo id? Sorry, I just have tons of questions and it would be really nice to talk to someone locally. Feel free to call me, I am listed in directory service and the phone book also I think.

Laura Hyde

Oh hi Colleen!
    I am so glad to hear from you! I would love to meet for coffee! I just joined on the 18th of Dec. and just got the packet for finger prints and photo id. I wanted to ask where you went to get them done and to see if you had checked into the licensing for AZ? It would be just really neat to meet other women from my area that have common interests. Feel free to call me, I'm actually in directory service and the phone book too I think.

Laura Hyde

Hi Laura,

You are doing quite well for just joining. Keep up the good work. Fingerprinting in our area is exasperating. The cities of Mesa, Gilbert, Chandler and Phoenix do not have a local law enforcement with a badge number to do fingerprinting. Mesa and Chandler have certain days when fingerprinting is done, but they have volunteers do the fingerprinting. They all gave me the name and phone number to an agency that does them. I did have mine done by the Chandler Police Department volunteer, but talked the Police Officer on duty to sign it after he watched them taken. The cost ranges from $10 - $50. I'm not sure about the agency they want to to go to. That was the biggest hassle, but well worth seeing it through. The photo ID is another thing. Every where I went the pictures were too large. They stated that they were regulation size passport photos, but they were 2 x 2 not the size of 1 1/8 stated on the paperwork. The cost for those also depends on where you go. They usually aren't over $12.

Licensing in Arizona depends on your education and hours worked in this field. There are also ways of getting around the licensing. Check out DPS requirements in the State of Arizona web site. I'll re-read what I have and send you the information.

It's good to talk to another East Valley woman also (I think I'm still East Valley). Talk to you soon.

Hi Colleen,
    Thank you for the compliment and for the reply. On the pictures, did IPIU accept the 2X2 or did you have ito cut the pictures to to fit the requirements or what? Thanks for the tips on fingerprints. I'll check with the Mesa PD and see what I can get them to do. As far as licensing, I have no education or experience in this field. I'll check the State of AZ website again. I would like to return to school and get a degree in Criminal Justice though. Maybe now that will be a little more possible since my daughter has graduated H.S. and will soon be off to college as well. Just trying to stay employed has been a challenge. I've gotten laid off just before Christmas the last two years in a row!! (different companies) That really bites !! I'm supposed to go back to work the first of Feb. ....we'll see. If they call, I'm going back and making plans to get some kind of education in this field. Keep in touch and I'll talk to you later.

Laura Hyde

Hello, Laura, Kristen and Colleen

I too am from the central east side of Phoenix. Glad to see new members from the valley. If this helps, you can get your fingerprints done every week day at the Phoenix Police Dept for $8. It took me just a few minutes so it was a snap.

In regards to the photo, IPIU will resize the 2 X 2 photos so that isn't a problem either. I took my own with a digital and sized them myself.

I haven't posted for some time due to any number of reasons but I'll be back more often in the future. Good luck too all and Laura good luck on finding another job. I'm in the same situation.

Rod Elliott

Hi Rod,
    Thanks for the information. Sorry to hear you're looking for work too. Good luck finding a job to you too.

Laura Hyde

Talking

Hi Colleen, Laura, & Rod!

It's such a pleasure being a part of this wonderful IPIU family with all of you, and of course it's even better when we get to communicate with literal neighbors! Laura for the fingerprinting I actually went to the Phoenix Police Headquarters and had mine done. If I remember correctly the cost was $8 total. As for a good place to have a passport photo, I would suggest MotoPhoto which is located on Power & Baseline Rd's in Mesa, it's over behind The HoneyBaked Ham. The exact address is 1914 S. Power Rd. Ste #106. Their phone number is 830-8900. It cost me $13.96 total with tax included for mine. I'm definately also interested in dead-beat spouse investigations, and I really haven't started to research DPS regarding licensing in AZ in great detail as of yet. It was very nice to hear from everyone and it would be very nice to actually meet for coffee sometime. Talk to you all very soon!

Take Care

Hi Kristen/Colleen and Rod:
    I just met another guy in IPIU from AZ that's interested in deadbeat spouse collections as well. Let's pick a date and a location for coffee midway between AJ and Phx. Anyday and anytime is ok with me. I was thinking maybe Tempe would be half way? Anyone know a good coffee shop around say ASU maybe? I am in the directory if you want to call me. Thanks Kristen for the info on where to go for finger prints and photos.

Laura Hyde
    Last edited by Laura Hyde; 01-09-2004 at 01:50 AM.

deadbeats

I too am very interested in this part of the field and would absolutly love to meet for coffee. I live in Glendale but would make the trip to Tempe.

Great Jim! Wow! That makes 6 of us! Ok Rod, Colleen, Kristen, Danny and Jim when is a good date and time for everyone to meet? Any day and any time is ok for me. I'll adjust my schedule accordingly to the majority. I'm currently unemployed and I'm supposed to go back to work on Feb. 1st. However, I do contract labor work from home and my schedule is very fexible even when I do work. So... those of you who have jobs with fixed hours and fixed schedules, post your availability dates and times here or call me, I'm in the directory and we can exchange phone numbers. Any suggestions on a place to meet? I think Tempe sounds like the middle. There is a Gold Bar Coffee House, never been there but it is located on the NW corner of McClintock and Southern. That wouldn't be too far off the freeway for those coming from AJ and Phoenix and Glendale. Just a thought, if anybody knows a good place, let us know. Talk to you all later.

Laura Hyde

Hi everyone,

That coffee shop sounds good to me. I'm off Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Let me know. It will be nice to put faces with everyone.

Rod, it's nice to see you back on the forums. I, myself have not been on as much lately because of work. I'll be back more also. Just received my test results, yahooooooo.

Thumbs up Coffee

Hey guys,

Before we schedule this I think that we need to check the forum rules closely. I think that I remember reading somewhere that a gathering cannot be scheduled outside of the IPIU without a Level 4 member who has already done some work and actually reported some earned income or something to that effect. In fact I just went back over the rules and it looks like we would have to send an e-mail to request a pre-approval to meet. Does this ring a bell with anyone? I just want to make sure that we don't step out of the boundaries here and end up in violation of any rules.
    Last edited by Kristen Godot; 01-11-2004 at 06:29 PM.

Hi Kristen,
    I just checked forum rules and this is rule #8:

8. Forum Members are free to exchange their private email addresses with extreme caution outside the Private Investigators Forum. Forum Members are prohibited from circumventing the intended purpose of this policy. Meetings between members can be organized by one or more Level 4 Union Members (who sustain the Mission Statement and has signed their Code of Ethics) and who have a proven forum track record of recorded assignments and earnings, as provided in the Level 4 Forum Instructions. For pre-approval, email meeting@ipiu.org.

You are correct, is anybody a Level 4? I just joined in mid-December so I'm still on Level 1 and will soon move to Level 2 as soon as I fill out this CWR papers and fingerprints and photos paperwork. Sounds like we may all have to be on Level 4. I think I'll e-mail IPIU and get clarification on this. I'll let you all know what I find out.

These type of meetings are difficult to endorse. But IPIU has a new meeting program that will allow an easier weekly sponsored meeting to become available in all major cities.

Read this topic:
    http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthrea...&threadid=5996
    Lance Jefferson
    Trainer - Private Investigators Union

START WITH TRUST
    When you see the Better Business Bureau Seal, it means the
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU) has agreed to:

TELL THE TRUTH, KEEP ITS PROMISES, BE RESPONSIVE
    www.ipiu.org | IPIU Web Store
    BBB A+ Rating Link | Contact IPIU
    Founded in 1989 - Celebrating our 21st Year Serving 41,932 Members
    CALL IPIU TODAY TO JOIN: 800-548-1526

Thumbs up Local Meetings

Hi Lance,

Thank you for the very informative link regarding the set up of meetings for members who would like to meet and chat from the same local areas. I'm going to read it carefully right now!

Take Care,

Thumbs up Meetings

Laura,

I read the link that Lance had attached in his message for trying to set up local meetings through clubs like the Toastmasters. I put a response under this topic to see if anyone has been working on trying to get something like this started up in the AZ area. Hopefully, we will hear something back on this soon. I'm guessing that if this has not been put in the works as of yet, (and I'm sure that atleast the idea is under review somewhere), that we may end up having to just correspond back and forth through the forums as we are doing now to prevent a violation of the forum rules. Maybe if a convention is scheduled we could all meet there, I read that this might be in the works for sometime this year, so lets keep our fingers crossed for either one or both of these things to occur.

Take Care,

Thumbs up Hello Fellow Arizonans

Hello Everyone,

It was great to run into this post!!! I'm Brand New and was excited to see the enthusiam from this group of fellow Arizonans.

I too am originally from the East Valley, went to ASU etc. I've lived most of my adult life in New York City, but after 9/11 my husband, children and I decided to take a break and relocate back to AZ. We're living in a rather remote area right now - very peaceful - low activity level.

We're all re-grouping and that's how I happened upon this new direction of PI work.

But, I visit the Metro-Phoenix area regularly -- my extended family all still reside there . . . . and if you guys are trying to meet (abiding by IPIU Forum rules of course) anytime . . . at a convention etc. or when were all level 4, I would certainly love to participate.

I'm not listed anywhere , so I'll just keep checking back here for additional posts. Hopefully someday it will workout and we can put faces to names.

Thanks for all the local fingerprinting, photo information too!!

Talking

Hi Jeanie!

Great to hear from another fellow Arizonian with alot of enthusiam! We will all be keeping our eyes and ears open for any updates pertaining to local meetings and such, and I too look forward to someday being able to put a lot of faces with names. Until then, hope to run into you again around the forums!

Take Care,

Smile • Thanks Kristen •

Terrific Kristen . . . . I will be looking forward to bumping into you too!

Thank you for your kind response.

Jeanie

Thumbs up

Hi Jeanie!

I look forward to hopefully meeting you and everyone else in our AZ circle of friends sometime very soon!

Take Care All,

I just stumbled onto this Forum and I realize the threads are old, but I noticed that all of you are from AZ. I will be vacationing there next week! I have never been there and I hear it is scorching hot. Spoke with my friend yesterday and she said it was 110. I look forward to visiting your state!

Julie Mercer

• Welcome to AZ •

Hi Julie!

What you have heard is correct . . . southern AZ is HOT and DRY!! With rarely a day of rain!! I hope you enjoy your trip !!

Just remember your suncreen and sunglasses !!

Jeanie

Thumbs up

Thanks for the tip!
    Julie Mercer