Thread: Entrepreneur Magazine: Private Investigator is #6

Thumbs up Entrepreneur Magazine Article

Hello Again:

I would like to footnote this thread with my previous one.

I thought you might want to know that Entrepreneur Magazine just published the "Top 6 Homebased Businesses for 2004" and Private Investigator was #6.

I was very pleased to see this. Just go into entreprenuer.com and check it out, I would merge it into my thread, but I have not learned the technique just yet, I am working on it though

Just an FYI for all you wannabe's like me!!!

Christine
    Christine

Smile Oops!

Sorry to make a new thread, I just wanted to clarify my thread about the article in entrepreneur.com.

I should have wrote this:

Paul and Sara Edwards, renowed authors of Homebased Business books, just released a new edition of th book "Finding Your Perfect Work" for 2004. They list the top 6 homebased businesses in that book.

You can go into entrepreneur.com and do a search for Private Investigators and the article will come up.

So sorry for the incorrect information. I was just so excited about this news!!!

Christine
    Christine

That's good news. Its encouraging to know I have made a good decision in my career path. Thanks for the information.

Lightbulb Entrepreneur Magazine: PI is #6

Very good article! It's nice to know that PI's are in demand....there are thousands of opportunities out there for everyone and being a PI with its vast amount of specialty areas, there's no end to what one might happen to wonder into. They say practice makes perfect, so if you find something new you want to try...go for it, you never know, you might like it........

Hello, I was just wondering when I'll be receiving my P.I. magazine subscription ? I received notice via email that I passed my test with a 96%, April 14, 2004. Should I be looking for my first copy of P.I. magazine?

Hi Christine,

I will certainly be searching for that article. I have been reading Entrepreneur for 10 years, it's a great small business magazine. I can't wait to read it.

Thank you for the info!

Have a great day

That's great news. I just decided to get into the PI(Trainee) field and it is nice to know there is a real demand for investigators. Thanks for the heads up about the article.

Joe Krause

Wink Other articles at Entrepreneur.com also good

There are several interesting articles about the P.I. field at Entrepreneur.com as well. Just enter Private Investigator in the search box, and a few pop up that are worth a read. "Get a Clue" was especially good as it emphasizes that the need for investigators is increasing and new avenues are continually surfacing.

For me, I realize that entering this field will be a time intensive process. Although I am anxious to get started, there are many areas that need research. I have found many clues and good advice here on the forums. If you take what may seem like an insignificant detail on these forums and expand upon it by looking say...... in the phone book, there are many answers to be found.

Being recently upgraded from new forum member to associate forum member was just one example of how paying attention to details here at IPIU is first and foremost. Learning how to navigate these forums, is the first exercise in investigative skill, or at least it has been for me.

I enjoy being able to converse here with kindred spirits who it seems hold many of the same values as I do. When I first posted my introduction and I was welcomed to the IPIU Family, I soon realized that this is true. I look forward to working through to the various levels, and receiving my membership and training manual in the mail. Meanwhile there is much work to do here.

Best Regards to all, in your endeavors. I look forward to getting to know you in the weeks, months & years to come!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Christine Benicaso
    Hello Again:

I was very pleased to see this. Just go into entreprenuer.com and check it out, I would merge it into my thread, but I have not learned the technique just yet, I am working on it though

Just an FYI for all you wannabe's like me!!!

Christine
    The easiest way would be to copy the address from the address bar of the web site you are at. Come back to your thread and paste it there. To paste, just right click at your insertion point. This will bring up a dialog box, and choose"paste". Presto, you have a link to the page you want us to go see.

Hope that helps

Great post, Christine. I'm sure all of us new folks can take a bit of confidence in knowing that this field of interest is also a growing industry. Thanks for the point of reference.

This is great news and this is correct that the PI business is in great demand due to criminals continue to practice crime. Now from this thread, I have decided to move forward in obtaining my own business as a long range goal. Thank you!

It looks like following my heart to get into this field was indeed the right choice.

Petra Post - is offline Retired Administrator
    ***** Certified SPI

Former Insignio Distinguished Member:
    Private Investigators Forum
    Good thread, Christine, thank you for sharing that with us.

Christine, thank you for the information on the article in Entrepeneur magazine, what issue was that. I am strongly thinking about pursuing my dream now. Thanks again.

Thanks Cristine, Well done

Leah Riley is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

2004 to 2008 Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Well that's good to know.

good!

Hello Christine, I really thank you for sharing that info with us I find it very interesting that being a PI is a such a up and coming field of business. asap Leonard

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Patrice-Maria Love
    This is great news and this is correct that the PI business is in great demand due to criminals continue to practice crime. Now from this thread, I have decided to move forward in obtaining my own business as a long range goal. Thank you!
    Just as crime increases, so does white collar crime, which sometimes take more to investigate, due to the amont of money invested in the organization. And the lawyers that are involved. But, yes, PI business will always be in demand, for whatever reasons.
    Plan well, and research your field, that you want to pursued.

Good luck,

Happy New Year.

Leah Riley is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

2004 to 2008 Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    I wonder what jobs number 1 thru 5 were?

I am really starting to feel more confident that this will work out for me.

Great progress for private investigating. I believe a lot of the credit is due directly to the International Private Investigators Union. Thanks!

Thanks Christine for the post on the entrepreneur magazine. I'll have to check it out.

Thanks

Thank you for the info and the correction, I'm going there now and check it out.