Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: In the News: Female Private Investigators

I am very proud to be a woman and be part of the family. I am also glad to see that there is many women in on this too!!!

Women have come along way in this field and many others. It's great to see that maybe befor long that the % of women will be even higher.

Lace Waldron is offline Licensed Private Investigator
    Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    I found out one thing for certain, women have a better work ethic then men! I am sure that comment will stir up this pot.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Lace Waldron
    I found out one thing for certain, women have a better work ethic then men! I am sure that comment will stir up this pot.
    You ladies are dyin' for a fight, heh?

Happy Halloween, all!

Smile

Some battles are best left unfought!

Thumbs up

Some battles are best left unfought!
    Agreed; except for making up after the battle

Smile

I don't even want to go there! You are so bad!! lol

Thumbs up

I don't even want to go there! You are so bad!! lol
    That's what keeps me going!
    Seriously, I wish more women would apply themselves to the security field. I hope once the word gets out that PI's are not cops (and shouldn't think of themselves that way), there will be more interest in the field.

Agree

I agree, this field is not enforcing the laws but gathering information to support the truth. I believe that many new people think that being a PI is all about carrying a badge and a gun, nothing could be further from the truth.

John G - is offline Retired Forum Moderator

Private Investigators Forums
    Sponsored by the International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Smile

I agree, this field is not enforcing the laws but gathering information to support the truth. I believe that many new people think that being a PI is all about carrying a badge and a gun, nothing could be further from the truth.
    I'd like to say that I agree with both of you, Fritz and Lace. PI's are for information and reporting the facts, not to glamorize going around like Magnum PI or Charlie's Angels.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Ginsberg
    I'd like to say that I agree with both of you, Fritz and Lace. PI's are for information and reporting the facts, not to glamorize going around like Magnum PI or Charlie's Angels.
    Any way we can spread the word? If you read some of the other forums, many of the "newbies" feel that they are going to become the civilian arm of the police department

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Budde
    Any way we can spread the word? If you read some of the other forums, many of the "newbies" feel that they are going to become the civilian arm of the police department
    I'm not sure how to publicise our profession, other than make people aware that this is not an easy thing. You don't necessarily make a whole lot of money right off the bat. Also, there are always going to be "cowboys" and "yay-hoo's" who think they know it all and can go out there and be like LEO's without all the restrictions LEO's have on how to do their job. Too much romanticism, perhaps. I say this since I was a non-sworn Reserve officer with a Minnesota police department, and I saw some individuals with that kind of behavior.

The people thinking that it is like on TV, don't last long once they find out how hard work it really is. I think women go into it knowing more about what the work is really like. The guys are one bang bang shootum up.

Smile

The people thinking that it is like on TV, don't last long once they find out how hard work it really is. I think women go into it knowing more about what the work is really like. The guys are one bang bang shootum up.
    Lace;
    Will you stop picking on me ?
    Unfortunately, I see many women with the same "gung ho" attitude in other areas of the forums. Enthusiasm is great, but it has to be tendered with the reality of the job. Sitting in a cold car dying to pee (for the last two hours) and looking forward to no movement for the next 10 hours is a bummer, whether male or female. It is also getting to the point that a lot of the groundwork is done at a desk, staring at a monitor, rather than doing the "gumshoe" routine.
    By the way, Michael Harris, where did the term gumshoe originate . For those of you not familiar with Michael, he's a wealth of information!

Smile Truce

O.K. I call a truce...no more picking on you. For today anyways.

Well, I have walked into a forum full of energy! I have been here is all I think I should say here......LOL

Smile

O.K. I call a truce...no more picking on you. For today anyways.
    Deal! How about today?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Judith Bray
    Well, I have walked into a forum full of energy! I have been here is all I think I should say here......LOL
    Thanks for the "neutrality" Judith!
    I keep hoping some of the guys will back me up; oh well

Thumbs up New Day

O.K. it's a new day...open season on Fred! Seriously, this is a great group to debate and discuss ideas with...

Thumbs up

O.K. it's a new day...open season on Fred! Seriously, this is a great group to debate and discuss ideas with...
    That it is, Lace, that it is!

Well, atleast ya'll are active and voice your opionions right? I love debate! Remaining neutral is a good thing..... isn't it?

Thumbs up

Well, atleast ya'll are active and voice your opionions right? I love debate! Remaining neutral is a good thing..... isn't it?
    Good morning, Judith!
    Being neutral is sure safer on these forums
    Any ideas on getting more women involved in the investigative field? We recently put out a hiring request for the government, and less than 1% of the applicants were female.

I think with all the "fame and glory" that the P.I field already has one would think it would be easy to tempt women into the field. There are many shows on television that make it look like a great career,movies etc. What more can one do? The money is good, the hours... well, You never know there! I think it is a career that has to "sell" itself. What was the hiring request that was put in for the government?

What was the hiring request that was put in for the government?
    There was a job offer for Federal Air Marshals posted some time ago.

I believe the Air Marshall division needs to do a better job at recruiting women and minorities. If a small % apply it is normally because of poor recruiting practices.

Thumbs down

I believe the Air Marshall division needs to do a better job at recruiting women and minorities. If a small % apply it is normally because of poor recruiting practices.
    Sorry, but I disagree. Top dollar, benefits, etc., but the "ladies" didn't want to be away from home overnight. Also, Lace, it's "Marshal" not "marshall".

You can disagree but the fact is the "Marshal" Service is not effective recruiting women. I also disagree with the generalization that when do not want jobs that require overnight travel. That in effect is a sexist Ideological statement. I truely believe there are a number of women that would seek out these types of jobs if properly recruited.

You can disagree but the fact is the "Marshal" Service is not effective recruiting women. I also disagree with the generalization that when do not want jobs that require overnight travel. That in effect is a sexist Ideological statement. I truely believe there are a number of women that would seek out these types of jobs if properly recruited.

I have been reading through this discussion on Females Vs. Males in the world of Private Investigators. I have a thought on this topic I wanted to put out there.

I believe that we shouldn't view it as Females Vs. Males. I truly feel that to be successful in this field (or any), there has to be a balance. Working together, not for the great sex divide will prove to be so much more beneficial to all involved. This includes PIs, clients, agency, etc.

We can all learn and grow from each other's experiences, Knowledge and insight. I do agree that we all "see" things differently but I feel it is more based on the individual and not whether it is coming from a Female or a Male.

If Females want to be viewed as equals I think it behooves Females to continue the separation of sexes. Males learn just as much from Females as Females learn from Males.

I enjoyed reading the posts and love the support both Males and Females have given to each other. Much to be learned from each other! Keep the lines of communication open with our counterparts and great things shall happen!
    ~Jessie Marie

Right on, Jessie!

Right on, Jessie!
    I second that.

Ashley Mayne-- is offline Licensed Private Investigator

Distinguished Member:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessica M Opitz
    I have been reading through this discussion on Females Vs. Males in the world of Private Investigators. I have a thought on this topic I wanted to put out there.

I believe that we shouldn't view it as Females Vs. Males. I truly feel that to be successful in this field (or any), there has to be a balance. Working together, not for the great sex divide will prove to be so much more beneficial to all involved. This includes PIs, clients, agency, etc.

We can all learn and grow from each other's experiences, Knowledge and insight. I do agree that we all "see" things differently but I feel it is more based on the individual and not whether it is coming from a Female or a Male.

If Females want to be viewed as equals I think it behooves Females to continue the separation of sexes. Males learn just as much from Females as Females learn from Males.

I enjoyed reading the posts and love the support both Males and Females have given to each other. Much to be learned from each other! Keep the lines of communication open with our counterparts and great things shall happen!
    ~Jessie Marie
    Jessica, you couldn't be more right. Good on you, mate.

ASHLEY MAYNE
    Licensed Private Investigator (Vic.AU)
    Victoria, Australia

Thumbs up

Thanks Ashley! I'm glad you agree. Have a wonderful Holiday season and all the best for all the New Years to come.
    Jessie

Distinguished Member:
    Your Welcome Jessica. You have a great Holiday Season too, ok?

Ashley

I would partner with a female, much easier to covert surveillence

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Lofing
    I would partner with a female, much easier to covert surveillence
    Just how do you mean that, Steven? "Partner"

Partner

Just how do you mean that, Steven? "Partner"

Hi Fritz,
    I simple meant that some places are easier to mingle amonst the crowd if you just look like a normal couple. It is also easier in some cases for a female to call before a male shows up at the door....

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Lofing
    Hi Fritz,
    I simple meant that some places are easier to mingle amonst the crowd if you just look like a normal couple. It is also easier in some cases for a female to call before a male shows up at the door....
    I know, Steven, I was trying to be sarcastic
    Have a great day; I enjoy your posts.

Distinguished Member:
    Of course it depends on the place you are going to.

Some places don't welcome men as in all womens gyms or salons and so forth. Even pubs. Are there pubs in the US like that?

Uhhhhhhh yep

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Mayne
    Of course it depends on the place you are going to.

Some places don't welcome men as in all womens gyms or salons and so forth. Even pubs. Are there pubs in the US like that?
    Some locations are female only, mostley in Miami or San Francisco.
    But they are places most straight people (me) never venture into unless survielance calls for it...............

Fritz, thanks, i was being too serious, but i did want to elaborate, especially if the partner was cute........ hmmmmmmm

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast