Thread: Are You Receiving Unwanted Email Notifications On Topics?

Trends

What if I get a string of replys not referring to anythind I said on a topic. It appears to me that someone elses replies are coming to me. None of them are address to me.

How does this happen and how can I put a end to it? I love reading my replies if they are addressed to me.

Thanks,
    Clinton

p.s. Is this the Friendly Off - Topic Discussion area, how are the trends being send to me? (JUST KINDA WONDERING)

From what I have learned and read everyone will get emails in regards to discussions. It doesn't matter if it were related to your topic or response. I don't think there is a way of changing it, but maybe someone else will come along with a better answer for you. Sorry I wasn't more help.
    Kisha Drill
    Badge Number 6988

Edward Taguba is offline Certified Distinguished Member
    Private Investigators Forums

Professional Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Clinton,

When creating a thread or replying to a thread make sure to check the Options: right below of "Your Reply" The options will give you Email Notifications: which a email will be sent to you when someone reply on a thread. If you uncheck the email notification you will not get a response to that thread.

And the rest you will see in the "Options" section.

Hope this answer to your question.

Aloha,

I miss stated.

Edward Taguba,

What I was referring to what that I was getting replies in my email that were not addressed to me. I was just wondering how this happens and what can I do about it?

You sound like you may have a good source of information.

Thank you,

p.s. I have to go back to my beginners forum.

Clinton,

Ed is correct about "unchecking" the email notifications from your responses. The problem with that is you don't receive any notifications when someone responds to you.

The other small problem is - by leaving the email notification active you receive emails everytime someone responds to that topic regardless if they are responding to you or another person.

Hope that helps to clarify things for you

I was wonder the same thing. Thanks for the answer.

Distinguished Member:
    Private Investigators Forum Member
    I moved this topic to the Technical Support forum where other members will benefit from the information.

I have activated the email notification for the members who have replied to this topic. If you have not already deleted the email, go back and look at the bottom of the message. You will see a link where you can deactivate the email notification in that topic, simply by clicking on the link. This will save you from locating your post and performing an edit.

I will deactivate your email notifications when this post is complete. That way you won't continue to get them simply for my demonstration.

I hope this tip helps everyone out.

help!

Help!

Can anyone tell me how to disable e-mail notifications, please!

I can see it below this message box, but I do not know what to do for old threads. I keep receiving email by tons! I know I saw that somewhere and I cannot find it.

thanks

Distinguished Member:
    Private Investigators Forum Member

Re: help!

Originally posted by Claudia Sherwood
    Help!

Can anyone tell me how to disable e-mail notifications, please!

I can see it below this message box, but I do not know what to do for old threads. I keep receiving email by tons! I know I saw that somewhere and I cannot find it.

thanks
    Claudia,

I believe this is the topic you had read.

You may also change your email setting by clicking on the user CP button at the top of any page. Then click on "edit options", scroll down to Use 'Email Notification' by default? and check the "no" field.

Also, read my previous post here and you will discover how to delete those pesky email notifications without manually editing each of your posts.

By the way, I edited all of your existing email notifications for you.
    I also activated your email notification in this post so you would find my reply, I will turn it off again.

Hope this helps.

Thank you Kanda, you're going straight to heaven!

have a great weekend!

Notifications

Tech Support,

I understand about unchecking the email notifications box (finally). I was wondering if there is any way to go back and uncheck that box on a message that has already been sent? I forgot to do this on the first agency forum to which I applied. I am concerned that I will be getting email notifications regarding everyone else who applies for the rest of my life. No thanks. Can you help me with this?

Thanks!
    Alexandria Parker

Edward Taguba is offline Certified Distinguished Member

Professional Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Re: Notifications

Originally posted by Alexandria Parker
    Can you help me with this?

When you get a email notification simply click on that link the link will take you to the thread where you have posted a reply. Simply go though the thread and see where your last post, then edit your post.

Hope this helps.

Aloha,

Re: Re: help!

Originally posted by Kanda Force

Claudia,

I believe this is the topic you had read.

You may also change your email setting by clicking on the user CP button at the top of any page. Then click on "edit options", scroll down to Use 'Email Notification' by default? and check the "no" field.

Also, read my previous post here and you will discover how to delete those pesky email notifications without manually editing each of your posts.

By the way, I edited all of your existing email notifications for you.
    I also activated your email notification in this post so you would find my reply, I will turn it off again.

Hope this helps.
    I unchecked the box for email notification because I've always found it to be a pain my rear. BUT! I'm still getting them. Even WITH it turned off. ;(

Thanks!

Thank you, Edward, for the reply! It seems like such a simple answer, but there is no way I could have known it. The software on the IPIU website is fantastic!

Aloha
    Alexandria Parker

So very happy

Having read how to stop all these e-mails was a releaf. 90% of my mail box messages where code of ethics an other people appling to the same forums.
    Thank you for the help.
    Gunnard Lundberg

I am really glad I entered into this thread!!! Thank You!

I have been a member for awhile and I am still learning. It's all good.

Ms. Carrie

Cool Always Learning Something New

I just happened to see this forum and had been wondering the same thing!
    Thanks so much to all of you at IPIU for your great support!!
    Peggy

I had just asked this question on the introductions page which is where I was told to post questions by a recent email.I'm obviously new to this. This should solve my problem but tech support needs to know because they did no tell me this yesterday when I had them on a land line in regards to this same problem. Thanks for the help.

Lisa Frye - is offline Certified SPI
    Licensed Private Investigator

Moderator (On Leave of Absence)
    Sr. Distinguished Union Member

Laura

Quote Originally Posted by Laura Sanders
    I had just asked this question on the introductions page which is where I was told to post questions by a recent email.I'm obviously new to this. This should solve my problem but tech support needs to know because they did no tell me this yesterday when I had them on a land line in regards to this same problem. Thanks for the help.
    I see you made it here....I hope this was able to help you out!

Lisa

Ed,
    I keep getting acceptance to the mission statement from all kinds of individuals is there anyway to make the proper thread known to them so i am not flooded with acceptance and can really focus on relplies and correspondence that is directed to me? Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated I have received over 30 acceptances sent to my email box. It is kind of fustrating
    Roberta Bryant
    AKA Robin

My question answered.

[QUOTE=Clinton Hendricks]What if I get a string of replys not referring to anythind I said on a topic. It appears to me that someone elses replies are coming to me. None of them are address to me.

How does this happen and how can I put a end to it? I love reading my replies if they are addressed to me.

Thanks,
    Clinton

Clinton,
    Thanks for asking this question - I was just about to ask this myself. That clears that up!
    Irene Smith

oops!

[QUOTE=Irene Smith]
    Quote Originally Posted by Clinton Hendricks
    What if I get a string of replys not referring to anythind I said on a topic. It appears to me that someone elses replies are coming to me. None of them are address to me.

Thanks,
    Clinton

Clinton,
    Thanks for asking this question - I was just about to ask this myself. That clears that up!
    Irene Smith
    I messed up on the quote but know how to do that properly now!
    Irene Smith

Thank you!

Receiving unwanted Email Notifications

Edward,
    Thanks so much for answering the question that was posted on how to get rid of unwanted emails. I have received so many emails in my box that are not addressed to me. However, I did post my comment as a quick reply and that's when the emails start comming. I will try the options and hopefully that will work.

Thanks again for the information!
    Katrina

Thumbs up Receiving unwanted Email Notifications

This is really a learning tool. It does pay to read and get advise, because it helps to be able to work your way through the forums and finding the simple things to make the transition easier.

It worked!!

Thank You Edward,
    Katrina

Smile

WOW!! You really do have to visit all the different forums.
    Everybody in this thread helped me one way or another.
    Not only did I learn how to end the pesky e-mails, but I found out about the user CP button. Anyway I'm turning my e-mail back on for a while, so I'll know when newcomers have signed on and welcome them. If the e-mails get over whelming again,
    I can always shut it off for a little while.

Well I find it rather amazing on how many people are interested in the same things...
    And actually what the competition is as well? LOL! Good luck everyone!

I agree with you Susanna, it's good to get the notifications. I'm glad we have the option of turning it off.....thanks to everyone for the good information, it has been very helpful!

Smile Unwanted Email Notifications

I was just sitting here wondering how can I do the same exact thing and just so happened to click on this topic and poof my questions have been answered. Thank you all very much

Joyce Jameson - is offline Distinguished Member of:

Member of International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    This is a great thread, very informative, I choose to leave mine on because I find that sometimes even if it's not a direct answer to me it still has something in it that I can learn from, even when I have a million things I want to learn on this day I will see a question asked and that one becomes my focus, what a wonderful way to learn!
    Thanks to all,
    Joyce

Petra Post - is offline Retired Administrator
    ***** Certified SPI

Former Insignio Distinguished Member:
    Private Investigators Forum
    This is what I found out to be a good thing... Every so often, I will go into my userCP area and open up my subscriptions... I then click on all of the ones that I decide to not get any more notifications from and bingo... less mails coming in.

I like to keep the option open to receive the posts from others because it keeps me updated all the time. Some may be of no interest to me, and yes, it does take time to always go through them, but I prefer it that way. I am glad we have that option.

Now, if you should choose to click on the option to not receive mails in threads like where you applied at agencies, that's ok... it will definitely make a difference in the amount of mails received. All others, everybody can make the choice they seem fit for themselves.

Hope this helped a little...

Thanks a lot Petra! Now I know what to do whenever I decide I want to unsubscribe from some threads.

Petra Post - is offline Retired Administrator
    ***** Certified SPI

Former Insignio Distinguished Member:
    Private Investigators Forum
    You are quite welcome, Maday, glad I could make some sense of this for you. Take care.

Thumbs up I was wondering too!

So glad I visited this forum. I was wondering why I was getting replys that weren't actually in response to my posts. This clarifies it all. Thanks for the advice! I will keep this in mind and "turn off" instant email when neccessary.
    ~Jessie Marie

Thks.. so much for the help I was having the same difficulties but now they are resolved I'm just getting replies to my questions by email
    Thks,

Kathy.