Thread: Encouragement

Michael Harris is offline Lifetime Professional Management Member

Distinguished Insignio Colleague of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Encouragement

I am new, but I have read in most of the forums. I find encouragement and support along with valuable information.

Thanks to all!
    Michael E. Harris

Badge #6718

Hi Michael,

Yes, it is nice to get encouragement and support when you are undertaking something new.

The information is great, especially after reaching Level 4.

I'm sure it will get even better as time goes on, as more experienced licensed investigators join IPIU.

Hi Kimberly,

I like the fact that I get encouraging responses to my comments. Thank you.
    Michael E. Harris

Badge #6718

Hi Michael,

It's great to hear you are feeling encouraged. IPIU is a wonderful organization and we're glad to have you and help in any way possible. Best wishes for continued success!!
    Kathie

Badge # 6757

Thomas J Nicol is offline Ambassador of Good Will
    International Private Investigators Union

Sr. Distinguished Member

Cool May I join the crowd?

Originally posted by Michael Harris
    I like the fact that I get encouraging responses to my comments.
    Hi Michael,

When I was unemployed for more than three months, I learned about the IPIU. I joined immediately and, along with the other thousands of newcomers to this organization, I began to read and post and reply to posts. Reading again was and is the key to success.

I took the time to learn as much of the Board software as I could digest. I practiced until I was comfortable with the various elements of the S/W and what they could do, and then began to apply them to my replies (with constraint - we have to remember the size of this Board and the miriad posts and replies they have to support, so space is getting more important by the day.) I have been utilizing it ever since. Of course as a moderator, I needed to curtail my use a bit.

The time it took for the process to move along had its bumps for me. There were delays in the various parts of the process, but the terrific folks at headquarters were really good, helping me by working out the "bumps", and keeping me informed of where things were in the process.

Since I joined, only a few months ago, thousands more members have joined. I can only imagine what those hard-working folks are doing to try and keep up with the flood of applications.

I do know that we, as members, have a great organization behind us, helping us along and trying to guide us in the right direction toward success, as seen by the Level 4 members who can view the very many Agencies available for members to join and get started in the business of doing Private Investigation.

The time between application and Level 4 can be well spent by reading more each day. It can get a little tedious, but it's all part of the preparation.

Anyway, you're doing a great job waiting for the process to complete. Keep up the good work, You're at Level 3 and on the home stretch.

All the best,
    TJ#5756
    Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach
    a just man and he will increase in learning.
    - Proverbs.

Visit the PI Store: www.privateinvestigator.cc

Thumbs up THANKS

TJ,

Thanks, your response is the kind that keeps me going in spite of my impatience.
    Michael E. Harris

Badge #6718

power move

i feel that this will be great for me.. I want to learn all that you guys do. I have the perception that you all use the BEST technology. TIS GOOD....

good day in va

We are all here trying something new. It is normal to need encouragement from time to time. Everyone here is pulling for you and we know you will do great.

Looking to see you on the forum soon.

Thumbs up

I have been in the forums fo rless than two weeks and I find that it gets better every day. I have learned so much form reading, and from doing some research.

There are so many nice people. I read my email every morning andit takes me to posts in my subscribed threads -- I always run into the same people -- the nice ones who offer so much encouragement.

My training mateial was shipped to me yesterday, and I will read it in one sitting. I am so excited!

I find that what I learn here in the forums is helping me in my criminal justice classes -- and what I learn in my CJ classes helps me here. I get so much encouragement that it overshadows the content right now. When I get to level 4 and get into the more technical forums, the content should be more important. But, it is the people who make this a great experience.
    Michael E. Harris

Badge #6718

Sr. Distinguished Member
    Originally posted by Michael Harris
    My training mateial was shipped to me yesterday, and I will read it in one sitting. I am so excited!
    Hi Michael,

What great news! Now you are ready for the "test". Please try and relax a little, while you drink in all the information, and think carefully about the answers. A little extra time spent with the test should grant you a higher score.

As I had mentioned previously, in some thread, I read through the manual twice prior to looking at the test, then I methodically went from one question to the next, extracting the answers.

I wish you all the best, and a great score to boot!

Thank care and I'll be looking for your score in the "Post Your Score" forum!
    TJ#5756
    - Proverbs.

Hi Michael,

Good luck on your test, I'm sure you'll do well!!
    Kathie

Badge # 6757

TJ & Kathie,

Thank you for your encouragement. I intend to read cover to cover before I start studying.

I am starting mid-terms in both my criminal justice courses right now so I will be busy.

Michael E. Harris

Badge #6718

Hi Michael,

That will surely keep you busy Best of luck with all!!
    Kathie

Badge # 6757

I feel so behind in everything! I wish I had more time to do the reading in the forums that everyone else does. I am even sneeking in some comments while I am at work! Whenever I might get a free moment. I want to get enough comments in so that I can get a job somewhere! I am very unhappy in my current position and need a new and exciting change! This sounds like it could be it!

I enjoy reading everyones comments thanks alot!
    Karleen

Thumbs up

Karleen,

It is nice to have you with us. Just keep reading when you can. Not all of us have the time, but we seem to make the time.

You have made a good decision to be part of IPIU. Read some more and catch the enthusiasm.
    Michael E. Harris

Badge #6718

Smile

Thank you Michael! I made it a goal to make at least one comment a day on here! If I do more then I am ahead of my goal.
    Karleen

Karleen,

You must have more than that to say to people. We get several new members every day - you could give them a 'Welcome' message when they post in the Intorduction Lounge or when they make their first post elsewhere.

I have been in the forums for less than two weeks, I wasted a full month waiting for my credentials before reading. I read and reread everything. I make comments all the time. In some forums, I have commented on every thread.

I read - I learn, I ask questions - I learn, I comment - I make new friends.

Get out there and read and comment until your eyes cross and your fingers blister -- and above all --HAVE SOME FUN!
    Michael E. Harris

Badge #6718

Sr. Distinguished Member
    Originally posted by Ms Karleen Phillips
    I feel so behind in everything! I wish I had more time to do the reading in the forums that everyone else does.
    Hi Karleen,

It's nice to see you are so interested in reading as much as you can. You don't need to rush it, though. Do it as you find the time. You need not try to force it. Right now you might not have a great deal of time, but, things change every day. When you find the time there are a lot of areas where you can reply to posts to build your count, if that is what you have in mind.

Go to the Intro Lounge and welcome all the members there. Start at the top and systematically go down the list.

Another is to go the forum where Test results are posted and congratulate the members there.

Enjoy and read when you can,
    TJ#5756
    - Proverbs.

To tell you the truth I was a bit apprehensive about joining a forum. Now that I have been a member for a few months I feel I have gotten a lot out of being here. I love the e-mails I recieve in reply to my comments. I feel connected and listened to.

We are glad you decided to join us.

We want to hear more from you. Feel free to post your experiences and tips with us.

Thanks..... will do.....

Smile

I have found this forum has helped me in so many of my questions. I think it's great here because someone will always respond when you have difficulty.

Hi Elizabeth,

I started this thread because I found so much help and encouragement. If you need anything, we are here for you.
    Michael E. Harris

Badge #6718

Support

Thank you all for the great support and encouragement.

Chris A Brandt

Smile Encouragement

I to find the support from everyone here very helpful, especially when you think about giving up, and wonder if it is worth going on. You just keep reading and somehow you find out that you can do it. With patience and time.

Sr. Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria Kinney
    I to find the support from everyone here very helpful, especially when you think about giving up, and wonder if it is worth going on. You just keep reading and somehow you find out that you can do it. With patience and time.
    Hi Victoria,

Patience has always been very illusive. Every once in a while I latch onto a little bit.

When the question comes to mind if its all worth it.... consider the alternatives.

Hang in there. It does get better as you progress. I hope you find the patience that will carry you to the next step.

Hope you are having a great week,

TJ

I agree. This is very helpful.