Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Private Investigator Hard at Work (Success Story)

Thumbs up Private Investigator Hard at Work (Success Story)

Everyone,

This story aired tonight on Dateline/NBC 7:00p.m. Eastern time. A middle-aged women living in MA, a Harvard grad and MIT grad married a childhood friend. Both were from influential families, they planned to live in MA. They had two children, a boy and a girl.

A couple of years after the marriage, the husband (Nuri) had an affair, which let to the wife filing for a divorce. Before she could file her motion in the courts, her husband took the children out of the country while on his normal visitation.

The children, approx age 6 and 7 were taken by their father to Egypt. After searching and coming up empty, the wife hired a private investigator, which located the husband and the two children in Egypt. The husband had demanded a TOP ransom amount for the return of the children.

Within several months, the father took the children again, to another country "Cuba". The private investigator was successful in getting pictures of the children for the mother who had not seen her children in almost 2 years.

It was stated in the story, that the investigator knew a friend of Fidel Castro, and was able to get a message to him. Fidel Castro agreed to assist the mother, apparently he was upset because this man used his country to hide his children. Later, the authorities located the boat where Nuri was living with the 2 children and entered on board. They simply questioned his Visa and took him with the authorities. The children did not witness the event, however the mother moved in and was immediately reacquainted with her children.

The investigator was the crucial connection point in this horrific story. He was instrumental in conducting key surveillance of the intricate movements of this international kidnapping.

Kudos!! goes out to this investigator. This job was well done, as he is "well connected."

Chanelle Stevenson
    Computer Forensics Private Investigator Trainee

This is certainly a great story in a field that doesn't always turn out so well.

So many children who are "abducted" by their foreign parents disappear never to be found, and if found, there's no guarentee's that the gov't of the country will abide by our custody laws.

The P.I. in this case was obviously very good in locating the husband/children.....and extremely lucky that the husband went to a country he had connections in.

Thumbs up

This is one of those great stories.

It also reminds us that one should never give up hope.
    Don

Fantastic story. International law makes these situations extremely difficult to solve. Thumbs up to the PI who was able to successfully reunite these children with their mother.
    Kathie

Badge # 6757

Michael Harris is offline Lifetime Professional Management Member

Distinguished Insignio Colleague of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Success stories are always good to hear.
    Michael E. Harris

Badge #6718

Thumbs up

Chanelle,

That was an excellent story. It's nice to hear something so terrifying had a happy ending.

Colleen L Hayes Badge #6915

Thumbs up

Colleen,

Thanks for the input. I really don't like to hear about things of this nature. However, when it does happen and there is a happy ending, I am compelled to share it.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Take Care.

Chanelle Stevenson
    Computer Forensics Private Investigator Trainee

What a great story. It ended with a happy ending but like was stated earlier, I'm sure it is not always like that. I'm new to this and hope I can one day have many stories like this one.

Mike L.

That's a great story. And it shows that there is always more than one way to get the job done. -NFN

It would be nice if all stories turned out as good as this one.

Unfortunately everyone has to go through the bumps and bruises. Sometimes its well worth it.

Thanks,
    Mike L.

I'm sure this PI had to do a lot of research and networking, but it seems that that's just apart of the job. Kodos again for the PI who worked this case. Trailblazers are what newbies like me need.
    Daphane Davis

Chanelle,

Do you remember by chance some "professional" details (if mentioned by NBC), i.e. the links for locating the guy in Egypt, surveillance type in Egypt and Cuba, etc.?

Abducted Children Story

That was a very uplifting story. We can only hope that every case would yield such fantastic results. A few more like that and he could retire on revenue from the book he could write detailing all of his cases. Changing the names of the involved of course but that would be good reading.

Ray
    Raymond. D. Fogle
    Maryland

Private Ivestigator hard at work

Thanks,
    Its good to know that hard work and knowing the job paid off in the end. I just hope that with hard work and lots of study I can
    one day be as good.

Thanks Again
    EDDIE J. SHELTON

Eddie,

You must be sure that hard work generates success (sooner or later). It is a law, make no mistake !

Dragos,

Yes you're right,hard work dozen always generate success.
    I'm hoping to learn from you and other here how to go about
    this in the right way.I'm always open to advices,and would
    appreciate a helping hand from all.

Thanks for the advice
    EDDIE J. SHELTON

Thumbs up An Open Mind

It's a worn out / overused cliche, but carries alot of weight: Think Outside the Box.
    At times, we must use every resource and keep a clear mind on who and what can help in an investigation. The above story shows one man's focus and determination.

an open mind

Kurk

Thanks good advices,
    I will keep this in mind,as I go farward educating and applying
    what I have learned.

Thanks again.
    EDDIE J. SHELTON

Not to be the one to throw cold water, but that investigator had a monster expense account or a blank check. Once you start doing international investigations, you'll learn why you kept an "empty" credit card.

Fred

Exclamation Secrets to Success

One of the most poignant aspects of this story to me is the importance of contacts all over the world. I'm not sure what percentage of the membership at IPIU is from other lands than the US, but this is one reason I see this being a very good place to not only train, but to also network.

Its the old story of "its who you know that counts". Now I may not be a friend of President Bush, but I do know someone who works for him in the White House (true story). I would never get my foot in the door for an audience with him, most likely. But I could tap on my friend's shoulder and he could get the message to him, or get my foot in the door for me.

I look forward to being able to communicate with individuals here on a more direct basis. I think that will happen later. I know that there are some very smart people here that I want to learn from

Mary

Secrets to Success

Mary,
    Yes you're so right,some time having the skills to do a job is not
    enough and you have to reach out to others to get it done.
    I also see this as a great place to train and network.

Thanks so much for your thoughts on ways to be successful and
    getting the job done.
    Last edited by Eddie J Shelton; 02-25-2004 at 10:30 AM.
    EDDIE J. SHELTON

I remember hearing this on the news although I did not see the Dateline show. It is nice to hear the ending and it was a good one. It is also great to hear such a sucess story.

Thanks for sharing

Petra Post - is offline Retired Administrator
    ***** Certified SPI

Former Insignio Distinguished Member:
    Private Investigators Forum
    Yes, indeed, a wonderful success story. Imaging what the mother went through in the time that she didn't know what happened with her children. And the children in a strange country without their mom... Hats off to this PI and I hope that having role models like that will make a great PI out of me as well.
    Thanks for sharing everybody

Fantastic Story! Bravo to the PI. Excellent investigative skills in networking! I am so honored to be a part of this team! It's a blessing the mother was reunited with her children!

Great story! Just a reminder of that great quote that says:

" You Can Run, But You Can't Hide From The Privateeye "

Have a great day everyone,
    Carl House

Wow, that's what I call excellent Private Investigator work. Thanks for sharing.

Yakov Mirochnik is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Excellent story. Very professional PI work. International network and communication play key role in successful ending of this fantastic job.

Yakov Mirochnik

A motivating story for those of us that want to follow in that PI's footsteps. The success of finding those children is an example of how powerful the need is for this profession. Reuniting that mother with her children reinforces the good that can be done to help others which can not help themselves. Perseverance! Job well done!

Julie Mercer

Missing Children Found!

This story illustrates the valuable services that are being rendered by trained professionals in the PI business. This really does motivate me to gain the knowledge and skills needed to help others in need of my expertise.

Good Job!!

Melba

This reiterates that anything can be accomplished with training and perserverance. The opportunities are limitless, as are the fields of investigation.

Fred

Frederick and Julie,

Your comments are a good reminder for us--that we must persevere to reach our goal(s).

My determination and desire is to receive some assignments in this PI field or to be an assistant in an agency to receive on the job training and mentorship.

Last year I submitted my availability schedule and all other requested documents; and I am just waiting patiently while training here in the IPIU forum.
    Last edited by Bridgett Brown -; 06-02-2004 at 04:16 PM.

Bridgett,
    Exactly how long have you been waiting? What Level are you? I am very curious about what you wrote.
    Let me know.
    Thanks, Julie Mercer

Great Story. I'm glad that it had a happy ending. Most abductions don't turn out that way. Great Work to the Investigator!!

hard work does payoff

Thumbs up

[QUOTE=Frederick Budde] The opportunities are limitless, as are the fields of investigation.

This is motivating! Thanks for the words.

Julie Mercer

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Runner
    hard work does payoff
    Yes, hard work and persistance will eventually pay off.

Thumbs up

Great story!

I'm so happy for the mother as well as the children.

Patti

Beautiful story! It's nice to hear when everyone gets together and helps each other out for a wonderful cause!

There is nothing worse than having a child kidnapped Im sure. To hear that a PI can have this much influence excites me to be getting into this field. Cases like this dont take overnight to solve but the persistance of the PI in this case truly paid off,good job!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast