Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Private Investigator Hard at Work (Success Story)

This story is another example as to why I would like to become a full-time investigator. Helping families is a beautiful thing. This investigator obviously had great networking skills and a lot of experience, two things I will continue to work on throughout my career.

Thumbs up

Chanelle,

That was a great story. I think I remember seeing that episode. It remind me of a true life story about a husband that took his wife and child on vacation to the foreign country in which he is from. He didn't tell the wife that they were not going to return to the US. In his country the man gets custody of the children if they divorce. She started to get people to help her escape back to th US with her child which took several years. The movie is called NOT Without My Daughter. It was (4 thumbs up).

Katrina

Thumbs up Tarwinder Singh

Excellent story. Very professional PI work.

Singh

Dragos, I think you had a great question. I'd love to know the strategies he/she used to track the father down; internet, interviews, survellience?? That kind of information would be extremely helpful to all new comers!! Does anyone know?? Diane

DJ Moran -- is offline Sr. Moderator:
    (On Leave of Absence)

Certified Distinguished Member
    Private Investigators Forum

Exclamation Success stories

What a great success story, I only hope that we all have that type of success with our careers, It may never be that dramatic, however YOUR or MY success should be measured by our goals. Always have a personal goal, strive for it, live and experience it!! I commend this PI for the ability to achieve such excellent results!! He must have had a mission for sure!!!!!!!!!

What a great success story! I know they can't all turn out thay way but it's very encouraging to hear about the ones that do.

This was a great up-lifting story. I wish all custody battles turned out this well.

Hearing stories like this just makes me more determined to do a great job in this field. There really is "GOLD" at the end of the long journey in this field. Thanks for posting this story.

Great Story Chanelle ! The PI was extremely lucky with the contacts he had. Job well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Chanelle Stevenson
    Everyone,

This story aired tonight on Dateline/NBC 7:00p.m. Eastern time. A middle-aged women living in MA, a Harvard grad and MIT grad married a childhood friend. Both were from influential families, they planned to live in MA. They had two children, a boy and a girl.

A couple of years after the marriage, the husband (Nuri) had an affair, which let to the wife filing for a divorce. Before she could file her motion in the courts, her husband took the children out of the country while on his normal visitation.

The children, approx age 6 and 7 were taken by their father to Egypt. After searching and coming up empty, the wife hired a private investigator, which located the husband and the two children in Egypt. The husband had demanded a TOP ransom amount for the return of the children.

Within several months, the father took the children again, to another country "Cuba". The private investigator was successful in getting pictures of the children for the mother who had not seen her children in almost 2 years.

It was stated in the story, that the investigator knew a friend of Fidel Castro, and was able to get a message to him. Fidel Castro agreed to assist the mother, apparently he was upset because this man used his country to hide his children. Later, the authorities located the boat where Nuri was living with the 2 children and entered on board. They simply questioned his Visa and took him with the authorities. The children did not witness the event, however the mother moved in and was immediately reacquainted with her children.

The investigator was the crucial connection point in this horrific story. He was instrumental in conducting key surveillance of the intricate movements of this international kidnapping.

Kudos!! goes out to this investigator. This job was well done, as he is "well connected."

Chanelle Stevenson
    Computer Forensics Private Investigator Trainee

Good job!. Inspiriting, enlightening with a happy ending.

Good job! That is all I can say.

Jeanne Jasiewicz

Wow,
    Just goes to show how invaluable a good P.I.'s work can be.

I look forward to more training and learning to be able to give people the help that they desperatley need.

Awesome work Chanelle,
    MICHAEL S. ROSSANO
    Certified NYC Process Server (Lic.#1214860)
    Member of: IPIU, MSPA, NYSPPSA
    In Serving Each Other, We Become Free

Cool Private Eye in disguised

Outstanding job. Giving it 2 thumbs up. We all as beginner should take this success story and apply it to our daily P.I. living. We all should come together as 1 big P.I. family.

Pedro Jr.

Great story of skill aided by good fortune. When you put in your all, it leaves you open to good luck I guess...I don't think they would let me in Cuba and I have no friends there....but hide children in a bar and I'll find em'. lol

Just another story of how hard work, dedication, and faith paid off again

Derek E Moore is offline Lifetime Professional Management Member

Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Good Story Thanks
    Derek E. Moore
    Badge #11527

Success Stories like this increases the motivation even higher.

Ashley Mayne-- is offline Licensed Private Investigator

Distinguished Member:
    Private Investigators Forums
    Amazing. Skill and luck combined.

This doesn't happen alot. Congrats to all involved.

ASHLEY MAYNE
    Licensed Private Investigator (Vic.AU)
    Victoria, Australia

Lynne Knight is offline Certified Distinguished Member
    Private Investigators Forum

(Retired Moderator)
    Corporate Agency Member of:
    I TRULY envy those who do this type of work. Wouldn't it be GRAND it they were all as successful as this case? Even though this true story has been around for a couple of years, THANKS for this post.

~ Lynne ~

Ashley Mayne-- is offline Licensed Private Investigator

Distinguished Member:
    Private Investigators Forums
    Yes Lynne, you hit the nail right on the head. It wouldn't be easy though.

Hugh Brown Jr is offline Distinguished Member:
    Private Investigator Forum Member Corporate Agency Owner

Professional Member of:
    This is bad what some dads will do to get their way.

George Koukeas is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    I am pleased to hear a success story about the discovery of the kids. I was considering a PI job in locating missing or kidnapped children (or adults).

However, in response to Hugh I would say the following: most fathers love their children. So it is understandable that they would want to run off with them at the end of a marriage. Not all fathers who do so are a danger to their kids.

However, "understandable" does not justify the act, since there is the mother who also has a right to be with the kids.
    But because it can be misguided love on the part of SOME fathers, it does not necessarily make them a threat to their kids.
    Nevertheless, the rights of a mother and the danger that does exist in some cases (from a father to his kids or a mother to hers) necessitates the need for PIs to locate missing persons.

That was a great story;hard work and networking by the PI,which had to be done-Great Job!! That's what I beleive in. Kenneth

Joy Gambrell - is offline Certified SPI
    Private Investigator Forum Member

Professional Management Member of:
    I thought this article was helpful to all and I appreciate you for sharing your experience with us all. A job well done & the joy you put back into this family's life is priceless.

Being a single mom, this hits close to home, but I am so thankful that this turned out well!

Hugh Brown Jr is offline Distinguished Member:
    Private Investigator Forum Member Corporate Agency Owner

Professional Member of:
    Why would a farther want a ranson for his own kids. Someone like this should not have been a farther.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2