Thread: How to become a Bounty Hunter

How to become a bounty hunter

Somewhere between the kissing debate and logo debate was when I got totally distracted. Now I'm back on track.

I was wondering how one becomes a bounty hunter, recovery agent etc.? I read in the Indiana section that there is a test to be passed in order to be certified. Can someone work as a trainee to gain experience in order to take and pass the test? If so, does IPIU provide a placement program to members?

I don't think I saw this question asked before. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Becoming a Bounty Hunter is a little different then most jobs. First of all contact the state and see about takeing that test and anything else they may require. Second I would contact a Bail Bond Agent in your area and tell them you are interested in becoming a bounty hunter and ask if you can ride along for some experiance. You may not be paid for this training but hey why should they if they are training someone to take away thier business? See about a conceled weapons permit. You will need a weapon now that you are going after people who are running from the law. Good luck.
    PL

"Pain heals, chicks love scars, and glory lasts forever"

PL:

Got a carry permit. I have had it for several years. Can you recommend any books or any other sources of info. I can check out before I jump in? Sounds like an interesting line of work.

Thanks for the help.

Well in fact I am reading one now called Bounty Hunter. I believe it's in the list of books in the back of the manual. Any books in there would be a good start. Also try going to a book store and you would be supprised what you can find. Just remember this isn't the wild west so no Clint Eastwood.
    PL

"Pain heals, chicks love scars, and glory lasts forever"

Okay PL, I found the book you mentioned in the manual. I'll get it as soon as I can. What intrigued me was the bounty hunter description on page 5 in the preview of the manual.

By the way, Clint is one of my idols. I was in California when he was elected mayor. In fact, I ate in his restaurant a few times. What a guy!

Note to Bounty Hunter Trainees:
    Trainees may wish to click here:
    Bounty Hunter Advanced Training: Book-Video Library Link

For all union members who are Level 4, you have the same access to the Bounty Hunters Forum.

Note to Guests:
    If you are a licensed or experienced Bounty Hunter and wish access to the Bounty Hunters Forum, send an email to bounty@ipiu.org to apply.

For all others who have not posted their introduction, and wish more information on this website, please click on the following Newcomers Topic and follow the instructions:

Click here:
    Newcomer? Do this FIRST!

Smile

My name is frank shields, and I am also interested in becoming a bounty hunter, bail enforcement etc. I am located in Southeast Michigan.

Any help on this please.

Thanks,

Frank

Talking becoming a bounty hunter

Originally posted by Frank Shields
    My name is frank shields, and I am also interested in becoming a bounty hunter, bail enforcement etc. I am located in Southeast Michigan.

Any help on this please.

Thanks,

Frank
    Virginia W. Sikora

Talking inquiry about a missouri bounty hunter

i live in illinios but i am considering about being a bounty hunter in missouri since illinios does not seem to like hunters in the first place is there any information i could obtain or numbers that i would have to call in missouri to find out more information about this line of work
    Travis L Loughary

some info

You can go to this webpage and it gives a lot of information, too much to paste here. I hope this helps a little.

http://www.fugitiverecovery.com/laws/missouri.htm

Cool

Originally posted by Frank Shields

Any help on this please.

Thanks,

Frank
    Virginia W. Sikora

Tips???

Jim -
    I live in Indiana also. Since your first post(3 1/2 years ago) are their any tips you could give me that would help out in Indiana??? Thanks.

Hi y'all

This may sound sexist, and heaven knows I don't mean it to be LOL. What are the stats between male/female bounty hunters rate of successful retrievals? I think this line of work would be interesting and am just curious on how women rate in this field
    Thanks for any answers
    Penni

David Martz - is offline Licensed Private Investigator

Private Investigator Forum Member
    Hello Penni,
    I can only tell you the rate for my company. My girlfrieds rate is alot more than mine most of uor fugitives are male the will come right on up to her" BIG Mistake" She is a small lady but she is all business. Iwould not want her after me , she will dog someone forever. One of the Best Recovery Agents that works for me.

Regards,

Re: How to become a Bounty Hunter

I am having a hard time finding a class for certification in Tn to become a Bounty Hunter. If anyone has information, please let me know. Thank you

Roger Penn is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Iwant to become a bounty hunter in NY, can anyone help. Thanks

Marcus Fletcher is offline Lifetime Professional Management Member

Corporate Agency Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Good line of work