Thread: gun license laws of minnesota

Talking gun license laws of minnesota

I need to know bount hunter laws and also laws concerning concelead weapons in minnesota
    a-b-c-d....just go with the flow

William R. Larson - is offline (Retired from Forum Activity)

Former Sr. Distinguished Member:
    Private Investigators Forum
    Author a new topic titled MINNESOTA Bounty Hunter Law, and pose the question in that topic. The Legal Dept. will reply with an answer.

RE: gun licensing/carry permit for Minnesota, there is a topic in the forums regarding concealed weapon carry, and how/if it is required for private investigators.

Minnesota law regarding handgun permits is relatively strict, though not as strict as some states (and not as loose as others).
    Last edited by William R. Larson -; 12-09-2002 at 02:49 PM.

Dui whats the deal

I have a previous dui and I was wondering if i will ever be able to get a license to carry a firearm in minnesota. Iwas also wondering would it make it harder to find work investigating if you are not able to carry a firearm?

Nate Anderson
    a-b-c-d....just go with the flow

Edward Taguba is offline Certified Distinguished Member
    Private Investigators Forums

Professional Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Nathan,

Below I have listed several links about CCW.

Hope one of them will answer your question

Concealed Weapon for Private Investigators?

(CCW) Carry Concealed Weapon

Aloha,

Edward Taguba, MBA, Ph.D.

Professional Global Technology Consultant
    http://www.edtaguba.com
    www.ipiu.org | www.privateinvestigators.cc

Re: Dui whats the deal

Originally posted by Nathan Anderson
    I have a previous dui and I was wondering if i will ever be able to get a license to carry a firearm in minnesota.
    Most concealed weapons permits are approved by your local police chief or local county sheriff. Go talk to them in person, ask them what training they suggest. And then if the DUI has been long enough, tell them so and if they would still be in mind of approving it. If it has onlyh been a short while, ask them how much longer you should wait.

Most importantly, they are going to ask you who you want the permit. They may not like Bounty Hunters. And they may not approve the permit for a private investigator unless the PI is licensed by the state.
    I was also wondering would it make it harder to find work investigating if you are not able to carry a firearm?
    Not at all.

Only 5% of private investigative work requires the potential use of a weapon.

William R. Larson - is offline (Retired from Forum Activity)

Former Sr. Distinguished Member:
    Private Investigators Forum

Re: Dui whats the deal

I have a previous dui and I was wondering if i will ever be able to get a license to carry a firearm in minnesota. Iwas also wondering would it make it harder to find work investigating if you are not able to carry a firearm?

Nate Anderson
    Let me check into this for you. I just took a course for my law enforcement degree on MN Criminal & Traffic code. Checking my notes, you can within a certain time frame. Let me find the actual statute defining the times.