Thread: New Members Joining International Private Investigators Union daily

Yolanda Quizhpi Guest

Thumbs up New Members Joining International Private Investigators Union daily

Welcome new members to the International Private Investigators Union.

We are a great family, one that I wouldn't trade for another organization. We have to many names to keep up with, everytime I visit the internet, new members are joining--for those of you, that might have second thoughts or not familiar with the organization, I too, felt that I didn't know the outcome of all these reading, I wanted to begin my training now.

I believe that if we take the necessary time to get to know the system, and read the interesting forums posted by members, that you too, can feel at home and that you also had the chance to check it out for yourself, that at least you took the time to understand it and if you think it is not right for you. Think again.

Above all, believe in yourself and you be the judge.

Good luck and welcome to your success and future happiness.

Yolanda,

It's certainly nice of you to "reassure" those new members regarding the amount of information to process. It's members like you that help keep IPIU the strong community it is.

Hi Yolanda,

Those are very encouraging words and very true.

I would like to add to this; some knowledge.

Most members here are totally new to this field, they have stated this in their introductions.

This is not a field that anyone can just jump into without any prior knowledge or experience of some kind. This is a field that (as stated many times before) you have to crawl before you can walk.

You must have patience and gradually move into this field, think about the length of time that one case may take. Say you are doing surveillance and the subject you are tracking is nowhere in sight. You wait and wait and there is no show. You must have patience.

You have to observe people and situations, could you give a step by step account of what happened?

Do you know the laws and your rights as an Investigator?

That is what is unique about IPIU, they provide all this knowledge in these forums and each of us can learn at our own pace. There is no pressure. As each of us graduate to the next level, we are given more information to learn and finally at level 4, we will get experience.

Each members persistence in the training and their knowledge of this field will get them where they want to be.

Knowledge is power.

I wish everyone good luck in their career goals.

Deborah Siehl

Hi Yoland,

Thank you for your kind words! I'm glad to hear you enjoy it hear as much as I do.

I'm sure the new members will find this very encouraging and comforting to know that they're not alone here.

Have a great day!
    BECKY BROWN
    Badge # 5534

Hi Yolanda,

You have provided some great words of advice, encouragement and wisdom for newcomers. Your guidance will certainly help a large number of new members with direction and success tips. Your supportive nature is a good example of the vast amount of helpful members within the forums who are willing to reach out and help others.
    Kathie

Badge # 6757

Michael Harris is offline Lifetime Professional Management Member

Distinguished Insignio Colleague of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Yolanda ,

Unfortunately, some of the new members are like me -- did not get reading for a couple of weeks. How dumb can I be. I am having so much fun reading - and meeting great people.
    Michael E. Harris

Badge #6718

Yolanda Quizhpi Guest

Wink Overnight express

Hello Michael Harris,

Like Deborah Siehl mentioned, "You read at your pace," and Becky Brown mentioned, "encouragement."
    Now, you see what I mean when I say, this is a great family? Everyone here helps in one way or another. And if we don't know the answer, we look it up using the "search button" but you will never have too feel alone.
    Feel loney? Visit www.IPIU.org and when you close for the night, you will feel very relief. And take your time reading, things don't happen overnight, but it is a step forward.

Have a good evening.

Yolanda Quizhpi Guest

Wink Thanks

Hello Deborah Siehl and Kathleen Padgett. Just glad that I could be of help .

Have a great evening. And everyone keep up the good work.

New members join every day because:

A good secret is hard to keep.

Smile welcome

i would for one like to say hello to all the new members to ipiu i have not been a member long and have yet to get my first assignment but congradulations to all of the neww members i know you will enjoy this john fowler

Thomas J Nicol is offline Ambassador of Good Will
    International Private Investigators Union

Sr. Distinguished Member

Re: new members joining us daily

Originally posted by Yolanda Hernandez
    I believe that if we take the necessary time to get to know the system, and read the interesting forums posted by members, that you too, can feel at home and that you also had the chance to check it out for yourself, that at least you took the time to understand it and if you think it is not right for you. Think again.
    Hi Yolanda,

Your comments are very insightful. You might be surprised how many members never really get it as deeply as you have.

Private Investigation isn't so much physical, as it is mental. The most important part is the "head work." That's what gets the job done right. Reading with understanding helps make it all come together.

The forums are filled with invaluable information. You said it yourself. Start with the interesing posts first. We all really need to get comfortable with it. Sort of make it our own.

Thanks for your input. Much appreciated,
    TJ#5756
    Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach
    a just man and he will increase in learning.
    - Proverbs.

Visit the PI Store: www.privateinvestigator.cc

Sr. Distinguished Member

Re: welcome

Originally posted by John Fowler
    i would for one like to say hello to all the new members to ipiu i have not been a member long and have yet to get my first assignment but congradulations to all of the neww members i know you will enjoy this john fowler
    Hi John,

I wanted to say hi to you. It's always nice to meet new members. I see you are very new to the IPIU. I hope you are enjoying the forums.

I couldn't help notice your text. I've seen just the opposite, where a new member, not realizing how it looks, type with the Cap Key locked. In that case, it is like shouting. In your case you don't use the Caps at all.

In Private Investigation, report writing is very important. The way it appears to an employer can effect a decision to go with someone else. We try to insure that our members are up to the task of correct report writing.

I would like to suggest that you use proper capitalization so you get in the habit of using it all the time, and when it comes time to do your report writing, it will be natural. This is just a friendly suggestion which I hope will be helpful to you.

Enjoy the forums and I hope to see more of your replies around the fourms.

Have a good evening,
    TJ#5756
    - Proverbs.

Michael Harris is offline Lifetime Professional Management Member

Distinguished Insignio Colleague of:
    TJ,

It is always nice to see your posts, especially when you are giving great advice. You always seem to be able to provide guidance without making the recipient feel awkward. An awesome talent.
    Michael E. Harris

Badge #6718

Sr. Distinguished Member

Red face You are very kind...

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your reply. I almost

I try to help other members when I can, and it was very good of you to reply as you did.

Often new members, not that familiar with text input, will type either with all caps or with no caps. I really don't think they realize it, but as I had mentioned, if you can get in the habit of doing it correctly, then when it is time to do it "for real", as in an actual report, for an employer, all should come out right.

Thanks again, and I'll catch you around the forums.

Have a great evening,
    TJ#5756
    - Proverbs.

Yolanda Quizhpi Guest

Wink

Hello New Forum Members,

Welcome to IPIU-- This is full of very wonderful information, wonderful staff, and you are here to stay.

Phillip Barton, Taylor Chancey, Nicole Dominic, Wayne Jeremy,
    Eric Cohen, Mr. John A. Ditty Jr., Chris A. Brandt, and Mary Louise Campbell.

Wishing you all the best and May you dreams come true. Thank you for enjoying the topic. Field note-taking.

Thank you Yolanda for all your great advice, I myself have been in the security field for approximately 20 years in different phases of security, and your are right about using the right method when you are writing something. Your reports have to be precise and correct down to the last detail. I learned about report writing through trial and error but I had some good supervisors who took the time to explain things to you, just like the people here at IPIU. I want to wish everyone the best of luck in their new career choice.

Petra Post - is offline Retired Administrator
    ***** Certified SPI

Former Insignio Distinguished Member:
    Private Investigators Forum
    I am full of thanks. To all at the top... keep up the good work...
    To the ones heading there... good luck...
    I haven't been a member but a few month now, I feel like I have been a part of it right from the start. Thanks everybody for making all the newbies feel like home. I am looking forward to not only making it to level 4 but to also help others get there. Yours truly...

Sr. Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Petra Post
    I am full of thanks. To all at the top... keep up the good work...
    To the ones heading there... good luck...
    I haven't been a member but a few month now, I feel like I have been a part of it right from the start. Thanks everybody for making all the newbies feel like home. I am looking forward to not only making it to level 4 but to also help others get there. Yours truly...
    Thank you for your kind words, Petra,

I'm glad you feel part of the family. Continue to enjoy reading in the forums and I will continue to follow your progress.

Hope you are having a great 4th of July holiday,

TJ

Petra Post - is offline Retired Administrator
    ***** Certified SPI

Former Insignio Distinguished Member:
    TJ,
    You are quite welcome.
    You know, I have never minded eyes watching me. I believe that if you have a good conscience, you have nothing to worry about. See you on level 4.

Thumbs up Thumbs up

Thanks, that's very motivating and uplifting.

I agree, some aspects of being a PI especially in survelliance does entail patience because you have to wait until you can track the person step by step thoroughly. Then other parts like background and other tracing jobs are quicker. Whatever field that we choose, I am sure this is our call!

All this waiting for packages to move up a level will surely teach us patience.

Denise Damazio is offline Certified

Distinguished Member: Private Investigator Member
    I feel like I have been patiently waiting all my life for this! So what is a little longer right?

Thank you Yolanda for sharing your experience and feelings about this organization. It is always refreshing to find people that find the time to express their views about good things.

Thanks,
    Ivan Delgado, Ph.D.
    Texas

I just waned to post a quick note to say that I know a class act when I see it.

When I found this website and started looking around at everything it provided I joined up within the 2nd hour of looking throughout the site.

Thanks for providing a place for people interested in this type of work and keeping it top rated!!!!!!!!!!

I can't tell you how great it is to see so many vibrant and energetic individuals who share a similiar passion. It's only my first day on the forum and I feel right at home....thank you all!!

Ron Ashton

Ron, I have to warn you. The excitement does not go away. It is renewed each time you login.

Brenda

Sr. Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Loyd
    I just waned to post a quick note to say that I know a class act when I see it.

When I found this website and started looking around at everything it provided I joined up within the 2nd hour of looking throughout the site.

Thanks for providing a place for people interested in this type of work and keeping it top rated!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Ashton
    I can't tell you how great it is to see so many vibrant and energetic individuals who share a similiar passion. It's only my first day on the forum and I feel right at home....thank you all!!

Ron Ashton
    Thank you both for your comments.

You are feeling as I felt when I was first introduced to the IPIU family. It just gets better and better. The information available is incredible. Each forum opens up more and more hints and tips.

Continue to enjoy the forums. Read, learn, and grow as you progress through your training. Remember, virtually any question you may come up with has most likely been asked and answered within these forums. Now you can fine-tune your PI skills by locating the answers to the questions you may have.

If you do have general questions or questions of a specific nature not associated with the thread you are in, please go to your Introduction Topic and ask there. This way the Forum Trainers can better direct you.

If you have not yet authored an Introduction, just go to the Forum Members Introduction Lounge to author an Intro of your very own.

All the best to you in your new endeavors,

TJ

I really don't think the excitement is ever going to wear off with me. I have been waiting my whole life for an opportunity to be a Private Investigator, and because I found IPIU my dream is coming true.

There are truly a great bunch of people involved in this organization, and I am so proud to be a part of it!

Thanks IPIU and fellow members!

Denise

Lisa Frye - is offline Certified SPI
    Licensed Private Investigator

Moderator (On Leave of Absence)
    Sr. Distinguished Union Member
    I agree with you Denise. But I believe the true test will be when we are finally in the middle of it all and we feel the true accomplishment that we set out to do! I'm so looking forward to that feeling!

I'm taking every opportunity that comes my way!

No fear here!

Lisa

Thank you for your explication of the field. This does not seem like a profession for those with short attention spans, that's for sure!

Lisa,

I feel the same way. I can't wait to get started on my first real assignment and feeling a true sense of accomplishment of a job well done.

Have a great weekend!

Denise

Good Evening everyone;

It is so welcoming to read all the nice post and geniune support. I haven't even received my initial pkt yet; however I am skimming the forums and reading a lot!! I was sent an email with a number to call for to speed up the process, however no one ever answers. As you can imagine, I am frustrated a tad. I have been eager and living a life for this moment. Forgive me, I have had less than pleasant day. I am at a job I do not feel fulfilled at. Anyway, everyone have a lovely evening. Deb

(On Leave of Absence)

Distinguished Member:

Hi Deb

Quote Originally Posted by D L Bogard Wynn
    Good Evening everyone;

It is so welcoming to read all the nice post and geniune support. I haven't even received my initial pkt yet; however I am skimming the forums and reading a lot!! I was sent an email with a number to call for to speed up the process, however no one ever answers. As you can imagine, I am frustrated a tad. I have been eager and living a life for this moment. Forgive me, I have had less than pleasant day. I am at a job I do not feel fulfilled at. Anyway, everyone have a lovely evening. Deb
    Hello Deb

Welcome to IPIU.

I Noticed that you have been reading the forums but have not posted an Introduction Topic yet. Please post one here Forum Member Introductions Lounge.

M. Michelle Le Fevre
    MCSD, MCP, IPIU
    Last edited by M Michelle Le Fevre--; 08-31-2004 at 06:04 AM. Reason: Info is now in Intro

Lack of fulfillment understood

Quote Originally Posted by D L Bogard Wynn
    Good Evening everyone;

Deb:

I understand your frustration and feelings of unfulfillment! My advice is to hang in there, work hard at your current job and wait patiently for the IPIU process to begin. I am currently taking steps to move to Level 2 access, and this is nothing if not a test of your resolve and ability to wait. Good luck to you and welcome!

Yolanda,
    Thanks for the message. Its good to know that mostly everybody in here had to start somewhere. Yeah it is overwhelming at first but at least I know that there is a helping hand if I have questions.
    Matt

I am at a job I do not feel fulfilled at.
    I feel the same way Deborah. That's one of the main reasons I joined IPIU. I can stay at my current boring job until the assignments start coming in and then eventually work my way into doing this full time. IPIU is a great way to start a new career while keeping food on the table for my family.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Yolanda Quizhpi
    Welcome new members to the International Private Investigators Union.

We are a great family, one that I wouldn't trade for another organization. We have to many names to keep up with, everytime I visit the internet, new members are joining--for those of you, that might have second thoughts or not familiar with the organization, I too, felt that I didn't know the outcome of all these reading, I wanted to begin my training now.

Above all, believe in yourself and you be the judge.

Good luck and welcome to your success and future happiness.

Yolanda I could not have put it better. It takes time to learn new things. I am new at this but have experience with the thread thing from online classes. Once you become accustomed it will seem second nature. A lot of individuals feel uncomfortable posting because they are afraid of what others think. I have found that if I say things from my heart and use my head I am ahead of the game. I have met a lot of long term friends through posts like this in classes that I have taken and I hope the same thing happens here!

Jacob F McRae is offline Licensed Private Investigator

Agency Member of:
    Thank you Yolanda for the welcome. I had been thinking about what i wanted to do with myself. And i looked into this site a couple of years ago. But i didn,t follow through. Well i passed my test today, and I,m glad to be on my way.