Thread: Health/Medical Benefit Availability ?

Health/Medical Benefit Availability ?

I can't seem to find the link that would enable me to look at whatever health/medical benefits are available to Union Members. Can anyone help? My COBRA plan expires in September and I need to explore all my options for my continuing medical coverage.
    I appreciate any and all replies. Thank you.

Rosemary,

I don't think IPIU offers a medical/health program for it's members. I could be wrong about this since I am technically still "very new" to the organization.

It certainly would be an idea to consider, with the number of members we have, we would probably be able to negotiate a very good insurance rate.

Hopefully, someone from Admin will come by and give us both an answer to your question.

Hoping and waiting for more info

Thanks for your reply. I am guessing no one knows the answer since there have been no replies at all for a number of weeks. I am hoping that when my next batch of info arrives, perhaps I can find something in there.
    Otherwise, I will try to contact someone with the organization to see if we could explore the possibilities of adding this type of benefit access.
    Rosemary

Michael Harris is offline Lifetime Professional Management Member

Distinguished Insignio Colleague of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Rosemary,

I undersatnd the issue with COBRA. I have until next summer to find something. I pay $950/month for medical, dental, vision. and drugs for three people.

I pay much less for a house.
    Michael E. Harris

Badge #6718

I remember reading something about discounted medical benefits being available. I'm hoping someone will answer this question also because I'm getting ready to start COBRA and am not looking forward to it.

The problem I have is that I can't remember where I read it and finding it again in these forums is cumbersome.

So, here's hoping you get a response from someone who actually knows something.

Good Luck, Have Fun,
    Brenda

Cool Found a link

I used the search format and came up with a lot of other posts asking about benefits. I found some with links and am hoping I copied it correctly for you to use.

Click here for Health/Benefits Topic

Good Luck,
    Have Fun,
    Brenda

No info yet

Brenda, the link d8id not work.
    I got my ID card and code of ethics and returned them same day, so now I wait approximately another two weeks for the training material. I am hoping at that point that there will be some bebefit info enclosed since I signed up for the management membership and need info on medical soon..If I find anything out, I will post it here. My COBRA is up in less than 30 days. My individual premium goes to $689 per month (for just me!).
    This is a sad situation. If I find anything out, again, I will let you all know. Thanks for "commiserating" on this topic.

Distinguished Member:
    Private Investigators Forum Member
    Here's a link to a new topic on Health Benefits.

http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthrea...ghlight=Health

(topic closed)