Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: TV Reallity Shows Hiring Private Investigators

tv reality

Some much of TV is FAKE and made for entertainment only. Sometimes it is nice to get back to something real and if REALITY TV helps, it will last!

Thanks for the information.

S. Philbrook

Exclamation Disconnected

Brother, do I feel disconnected! I am not a TV buff because I didn't grow up with one and it's never filled up my spare time. I cannot relate to sitting down at a TV and watching someone else's nonsense when there is enough "reality" just on a morning freeway!
    My best,
    Val
    Badge #6860

Endless Possibilites -
    Unlimited Potential
    /cpr

I've seen the new show on FX a few times and liked it. The thing I like is they are helping people.

Tanya Wyche is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    I have to admit that I am hooked on the Forensic Files show. I have always been intrigued by forensics. I am too old to go back to school, and have no desire to sit through that much "science". But I love the field.
    Tanya Wyche

Reality Shows

This is really an interesting approach to being a private investigator. It shows one what can happen if you are creative in your thinking. People are really into reality shows. Good information. Arthur Fields

Does anyone know when the next PI show is on FX?

Thanks for the info, its great to see Private Investigator's are working for people who makes movies.

Distinguished Member:
    Private Investigators Forum Member
    Originally posted by Terrence Rose
    Does anyone know when the next PI show is on FX?
    Check Friday night's line-up. Around 10 or 11 PM EST.

Television show "CHEATERS"

Hello, I'm sorry that my email probably doesn't reflect your message but you were on the subject about TV shows and it reminded me of "Tommy Grand" the host of the television show "CHEATERS". Do you know what happened to him? I heard that he was shot doing an episode "CHEATERS". Someone got mad at him for "BUSTING" them. They were upset and did not like Tommy interfering I guess. I really liked that guy......he was good! I guess being an Investigator can get pretty hairy if you are not careful. If anyone has any feedback please advise. Thanks all.
    Debbie Richardson
    Private Investigator Trainee

The Television show "CHEATERS"

The show is called "CHEATERS". It happens to be one of my favorite television shows. I'm Sorry but I have to disagree with you on this one. The t.v. show doesn't show or exploit anything more than what's REALLY going on in the outside world today. The only difference between the show and everyday life is that we get to see first hand someone committing adultry (usually). I think it not only gives us some kind of perspective as far as what the P.I.'s job is like, but also keeps us on our toes about the kind of people we meet everyday. Normally (at least us lucky ones) we are not subjected to infidelity in our lifes so we tend to forget that it even exsists. The show CHEATERS just reminds us of the things that "REALLY" do happen in this cruel world. As a matter of fact, I heard that the host of the show "Tommy Grand" was shot and killed a few months ago during an episode of "cheaters". Someone didn't like the fact that he/she got "BUSTED" cheating on their other. If anyone has any feedback regarding the killing, please advise. Thanks.

Originally posted by Melinda Cole
    Reality Shows?? BORING... However, I have never seen, but heard of some realilty show that has a P.I. following a cheating spouse, then on camera (of course) surprise the spouse who is with the "other woman or man", all the while the spouse that hired the P.I. is there, watching the entire thing, and of course a confrontation ensues, all in its Jerry Springer fashion.

My opinion is this: That show cheapens the private investigator image, so we appear to be sleazy low-lifes. I can't remember the name of that show, but I did talk to three private investigators about that at lunch one day, and they agreed that that show really hurts us true professionals!

Melinda Cole
    Debbie Richardson

Smile Cheaters

Ms. Debbie Richardson,

This is interesting that you bring that question to the forum. I also wondered about him but I just never asked any questions. Who knows what the real story is, the fact is if he was injured while investigating a Cheater, or is that a fact? How does that effect our work? What is it to be learned from an incident such as that? Does this mean we have a means for an investigation?

Of course we would have to have the details but just off the top, what should we be thinking about our line of work? This first thing I can come up with is SAFTY. It just dawned on me that we have to be careful in what we choose to do. Some people say all money ain't good money. Just the nature of work we do should alow us to be comfortable with ourselves. In other words I'm saying we have to be good at what we do and know just what we are doing. We have a choice to the kind of assignments we take, so choose wisely. There are those of us who can and are willing to take on these type of assignments so we must not think we have to be an expert at everything. We should know a little bit about everything but we still have the choice.

Now back to the Cheaters program. I have stated before in these forums that this kind of work was available to us. I still think there is opportunity.

I strongly suggest that we make safty our highest standard. I believe that means in every assignment we take on. In todays world we are not sure where the danger will come from. We must practice professionalism in all we do. I say we because this is where is all starts. We must be there for one another. If anything, lets make this question on the Cheaters Investigator be a focal point of information. If we know of any incidents where we may think something of value to us should be exposed to other members perhaps we should do our own investigation and share our findings with one another. There is a way to do everything so lets be tactful.

I did't mean to go on and on with this but I'm just excited about this work and I just get a little long winded with my writtings about this business.

Enough, thanks for taking the time to read this.

Sincerely,
    Clinton

Hi Clinton,

Thank you for replying to my message regarding the show "CHEATERS". I understand where you are coming from and I hear you loud and clear. Us "rookies" need all the feedback we can get before stepping out into this crazy world. I agree with you 100% as far as the "SAFETY" issue. I think so many of us including myself (especially myself) take life for granted. I'm not sure if I think I am invincable or what, but I never think anything is going to happen to me. I'm pretty much not afraid of anything or anyone, and if I am it takes alot or a REAL big scary person to frighten me. I need to practice "SAFETY" alot more than I do. I know that I can be a good investigator but to be an outstanding one takes alot of precautions. Something that we will all experience as part of the learning process I'm sure. Thanks for reading my email and sending me your feedback on the subject. By the way, I'm real excited to begin this career also. I'm kind of confused right now as far as my next step to take. All I've done was register and request for and application to be mailed to me via U.S. Air Mail. I guess it didn't work through the email or at least I thought I requested one via email. There are so many things to read and get into that it's overwhelming. Thanks again! Have a good day.....
    Debbie Richardson

he wasn't killed! he was stab in his stomach. But he did recover and is still doing the show.

WOW, thank you. Someone told me he was killed. Do you know this for sure? I know the current episodes that Tommy does, so far have been repeats. I usually never miss an episode. The new guy Joey Greco (I believe is his name) runs the first hour episodes that are new ones. There's another hour of episodes that Tommy does but they have been all rerunds. Interesting news thanks again.

Originally posted by Richard Greiner
    he wasn't killed! he was stab in his stomach. But he did recover and is still doing the show.
    Debbie Richardson

Reality Shows

How do you get a script to a producer who might be interested? Arthur Fields

Thumbs up Research, Research!

Not a big deal but, maybe there is something to learn here.

Well, Debbie, I'm not sure but Richard seems to have a lead. This isn't a real investigation unless we decide to make it one. At this point I will settle for more information.

Working in the business is our goal and researching information is part of our business. Just for the fun of it, lets see how much fact we can obtain on this subject. I guess there are a few simple ways of obtaining the facts. Okay, lets see, where do we start?

Clinton

Thumbs up Re: Research, Research!

Okl Clinton, You're on! Let's say by Friday we see how much info we have gotten....even if you or I have gotten the info already let's hush hush about it until Friday. This way the both of us have to work at getting the facts not knowing the other ones status. Deal? ok. Hey this is fun and good practice because I've never done this type of real life investigating on anyone except my mate....hee hee acting on my suspitions didn't feel real and important like now. Good call Clinton.

Originally posted by Clinton Hendricks
    Not a big deal but, maybe there is something to learn here.

Well, Debbie, I'm not sure but Richard seems to have a lead. This isn't a real investigation unless we decide to make it one. At this point I will settle for more information.

Working in the business is our goal and researching information is part of our business. Just for the fun of it, lets see how much fact we can obtain on this subject. I guess there are a few simple ways of obtaining the facts. Okay, lets see, where do we start?

Clinton
    Debbie Richardson

Lets Get It On!

Debbie,

Like the old Marvin Gaye record, Let's Get It On, you have a deal. I'm willing to believe that the facts are simple to obtain and quickly varifiable. Now the trick is to be specific. I want details. Show me the evidence. Pin point dates and times and even names if important to the facts. Now all this information must be public information. If exclusive information can be obtained, then all the better. This investigation is open to all who wish to become a star investigator. B R I N G I T O N! Let the games began. Remember the importants of Safty and Just the Facts, Just the Facts.

I'm having fun already, can't wait till Friday!

As far as I'm concerned, only a few of these reality shows have any substance. I like Survivor and Amazing Race. If there was a way to work as a P.I. to check up on some of these other wacky reality shows, that would be an interesting opportunity. Umm...

Re: Lets Get It On!

Debbie,

Like the old Marvin Gaye record, Let's Get It On, you have a deal. I'm willing to believe that the facts are simple to obtain and quickly varifiable. Now the trick is to be specific. I want details. Show me the evidence. Pin point dates and times and even names if important to the facts. Now all this information must be public information. If exclusive information can be obtained, then all the better. This investigation is open to all who wish to become a star investigator. B R I N G I T O N! Let the games began. Remember the importants of Safty and Just the Facts, Just the Facts.

I'm having fun already, can't wait till Friday!
    WOW....see what I started..... loving it! Oh yeah, now you're talking. I'm going to tell you where I think I should start and you let me know if that is a wise move and keep on going or should I just "Back the car up and turn around". I was thinking of starting at the Los Angeles City library. Every library has newspaper archives or something in that nature don't they? Now remember, if you're thinking "Neah" then tell me to back that car up and if you're thinking "Not bad for a beginner" then I will keep on moving! So what'll you say? A good start? Oh, by the way, this is the only clue I'm giving you all.....hee hee This is fun!

Debbie
    Debbie Richardson

Okay, Okay we are off and running!

Debbie,

You are setting the ball in motion. Now it is our job to see how it will roll. We must cover all bases. You are in the baters box. Keep stricking for !st base.

Clinton

Re: Okay, Okay we are off and running!

Debbie,

You are setting the ball in motion. Now it is our job to see how it will roll. We must cover all bases. You are in the baters box. Keep stricking for !st base.

Clinton

Ewye Ewye Captain! Off and running...........
    Debbie Richardson

Private Investigator - Tommy Grand

For those of you including myself that were working on "finding out the real facts" about the reality show "Cheaters" I have some information. I went into the forum about the investigator "Tommy Grand", and what I had originally thought turned out to be a rumor. Clinton, if you are reading this, it looks like we both were somewhat wrong. According to the cheaters forum, Tommy Grand was fired and the new "little guy" as they call him, was the one that had gotten stabbed. So Clinton, you were correct to say the guy that was stabbed in the stomach is still doing the show. The only thing is, we were talking about a different guy "Tommy Grand." Tommy Grand supposedly had gotten fired and not stabbed. The forum I was in has a petition to bring Tommy back. I'm sure there are more facts to get but this is where I am so far. Well, I feel like that was one of my first assignments and I feel good about the info. I received. If anyone has anything to add or just to comment about, please feel free to reply.
    Debbie Richardson

24. Re: Private Investigator - Tommy Grand

Originally posted by Ms Debbie Richardson
    For those of you including myself that were working on "finding out the real facts" about the reality show "Cheaters" I have some information. I went into the forum about the investigator "Tommy Grand", and what I had originally thought turned out to be a rumor. Clinton, if you are reading this, it looks like we both were somewhat wrong. According to the cheaters forum, Tommy Grand was fired and the new "little guy" as they call him, was the one that had gotten stabbed. So Clinton, you were correct to say the guy that was stabbed in the stomach is still doing the show. The only thing is, we were talking about a different guy "Tommy Grand." Tommy Grand supposedly had gotten fired and not stabbed. The forum I was in has a petition to bring Tommy back. I'm sure there are more facts to get but this is where I am so far. Well, I feel like that was one of my first assignments and I feel good about the info. I received. If anyone has anything to add or just to comment about, please feel free to reply.
    Hi, Debbie!

I merged your topic into this one, since it was on the same subject. It's amazing how rumors can veer us away from the truth.

Well guess what?

Debbie,

It just happen that I received an email from the one of the executive assistants of Cheaters stating that Joey was stabbed in the third season, but he is doing great now.

Now here is the question, who is Joey and for that matter who is Tommy Grand? This makes things interesting and some what of a mystery. I will contact the people at Cheaters again to discuss this a little further. Someone knows the real story, I'm sure. Sorry it took so long to get back to you on this issue. I was trying to find your post. Anyway now the search is on.

Great job by the way with the information you obtained. I'm looking forward to digging a little deeper into the matter. Isn't this fun? I'm enjoying myself, how about you?

Clinton

The Holiwood P.I.

This was an interesting story because, it shows tha a P.I.'s job assignments are unlimited. From, the streets to HollyWood, there are always a need for the service of a P.I.

Nash's Story

Nash's story is an interesting one. He certainly has a lot of things going for him. How would someone get in touch with a producer if they had something good to be produced?

Hi all, I must admit I don't watch reality shows either, although this is an interesting story. On the other hand, I wouldn't mind doing some of those background checks, or anything else right now for that mattter.

How is it going for some of you others just starting out/

Susan
    SUSAN L. ARREDONDO
    Texas

Thumbs up Re: Re: Private Investigator - Tommy Grand

Originally posted by Deborah Woehr

Hi, Debbie!

I merged your topic into this one, since it was on the same subject. It's amazing how rumors can veer us away from the truth.

Hello Deborah,

Good eye! I appreciate the help you've given me. I just learned another new thing today about merging. I had no clue you can merge other members topics. Thanks for watching my back, especially since I am fairly new on board. You didn't by chance pick me because you liked my cool name, did you? (Sorry, I just couldn't resist!). Teamwork is what it's all about for me. Keep up the good work Deborah!
    Debbie Richardson

Still Checking!

Debbie,

I'm still checking to find out who Joey is. I was not given a last name so this might take some time. Now you said that Tommy is the man and is still working for Cheaters. Tommy didn't get stabbed, just fired and rehired, right?

Okay who is the guy doing the show now? Is that Tommy? I kind of want to get to the answer here. I think by the time I get back to you I will have this solved!

If you think you can solve this problem before me, then go ahead and do your thing.

Clinton

Kenneth L Napier Guest

reality shows

i have to wonder why a pi would even consider disclosing his tricks of the trade to the world that only gives them the upper hand on the field right ?

Re: reality shows

Originally posted by Kenneth L Napier
    i have to wonder why a pi would even consider disclosing his tricks of the trade to the world that only gives them the upper hand on the field right ?
    Technology tricks become outdated at some time. So they may see making a bucket of cash from being a star.

Strategies are nearly all contained in books that the public rarely reads. TV brings that out.

Then there's those PI's that want to retire and write a book.

I rarely see the younger PI's giving up their secrets.
    Technical Support
    Administrator

Re: Still Checking!

Debbie,

I'm still checking to find out who Joey is. I was not given a last name so this might take some time. Now you said that Tommy is the man and is still working for Cheaters. Tommy didn't get stabbed, just fired and rehired, right?

Okay who is the guy doing the show now? Is that Tommy? I kind of want to get to the answer here. I think by the time I get back to you I will have this solved!

If you think you can solve this problem before me, then go ahead and do your thing.

Clinton
    Hello again Clinton,

Joey is the shorter guy with glasses that is currently running the show today. Joey's last name is Grecko. I'm not sure what area of California you live in, but here in Capitola, the show "Cheaters" runs for two hours. Joey Grecko (the new guy) runs the first hour of new episodes, and the second hour episodes are all reruns ran by Tommy Grand (the original PI). Still with me?

You are correct when saying that Joey had gotten stabbed but recovered and is still running the current shows. The only reason we still see Tommy is due to them showing us last year’s reruns. I want to thank you Clinton for making this assignment feel so exciting and REAL to me! I had allot of fun searching for my information.

Have been given this opportunity to investigate on my own, it's gotten me constantly licking my chops and drooling for more each day. I can't wait until my very first case. I love this kind of work and I know that I am going to be one outstanding PI. Thanks to all of you for your strong encouragement and support that I've felt since day one of my joining IPIU. Please keep utilizing your wisdom as you do so well, it's taught me a great deal so far.

Sorry for such a long message, hopefully my writing skills didn't confuse to many of you. I tend to rattle on once in a great while. Thank you IPIU.
    Debbie Richardson

I'm Glad!

Debbie,

It is also a pleasure to get feedback from you. I just want you to know that is only the beginning. Looking forward to many, many more.

Thumbs up Re: Well guess what?

Debbie,

It just happen that I received an email from the one of the executive assistants of Cheaters stating that Joey was stabbed in the third season, but he is doing great now.

Now here is the question, who is Joey and for that matter who is Tommy Grand? This makes things interesting and some what of a mystery. I will contact the people at Cheaters again to discuss this a little further. Someone knows the real story, I'm sure. Sorry it took so long to get back to you on this issue. I was trying to find your post. Anyway now the search is on.

Great job by the way with the information you obtained. I'm looking forward to digging a little deeper into the matter. Isn't this fun? I'm enjoying myself, how about you?

Clinton

Hey Clinton,

Long time no chat! Glad that you got back to me on this subject. I thought I had lost your interest there for a while. I really love this kind of stuff and it makes for good practice. One question, how did you get an executive from the show Cheaters to email you the info? Now that was impressive, I would have to say. Good job Clinton, you showed me up that is for sure. I guess that is why you are a lot hire up than I am, you go boy! I was not sure if I answered your question regarding who Tommy was or not. I thought I explained him on my last message but if not, please let me know. Ok? Thanks Clinton. People like you make-work fun and exciting. You are not afraid to ASK QUESTIONS! Keep up the great job.
    Debbie Richardson

Lightbulb More than just Reality Show's

Tiffiny Dixon
    Diane Jarosz,
    I feel the same way! I think that it is a plus for us.Different show's are now hiring us to do there work for them.I mean think about it,Ricki Lake,Montel William's,Ophar W.,even the Marury show.And I feel that this open's the field for us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diane Jarosz
    "Reality Shows".................. what's that?!

I like the fact PI's are being employeed by the shows.
    Well that is the only thing about Reality Shows I do appreciate.

DJ

Hey, I wouldn't mind working for any of the names metioned above. It is a quick way to get your name known and to meet Ricki, Ophra, Montel and the who knows who else but I bet they are famous. Where do I sign? LOL
    Debbie Richardson

Smile TV Reality shows Hiring PI's.......

I use to watch a couple when they first came out but found them unreal as the next guy or gal would....Fear Factor I thought was totally rediculous! Who in their right mind would even think of eating half the stuff they make those contestants eat? Yuck! Anyway, employing PI's for the background checks is cool, it keeps the $ rolling in and helps keep people honest..........

I would do PI for reality shows. Absolutely!! Where do I sign up?

PI work for Reality TV

Hi,
    Where do I sign up for this? It sounds like fun. :
    Katie Webb

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast