Thread: Policy: Posting Your Website - HomePage?

Policy: Posting Your Website - HomePage?

UPDATE:
    Post Policy of email and web pages has been replaced by the 2005 Policy:
    Click here

OLD POLICY: In the past we had some non-union members post their website and sold products or services to our union members. However, one of these non-union members ripped off a union member for a product they did not deliver as promised.

Since then we have required non-union members to email they business information to Legal Affairs for preapproval of posting their website in they Signature.

Non-Union members may not post any contact information unless they have preapproval. To request approval, non-union members may email at:

http://www.ipiu.org/forums/sendmessage.php

They need to include their business license information details. Upon approval, Technical Support will upgrade their Signature to include the approved details.

Union members {who are current in their union dues} who have signed their Code of Ethics may post their websites if they follow the following rules:

1) Non-commercial personal websites or home pages can only be posted in your Profile . If you wish members to view your personal website or home page, then refer them to your Profile. However, if members complain that your website has too many pop-up ads, we may be required to delete the website.

2) Commercial websites for Non-Union members must remain in the Profile, unless approved by Legal Affairs at:
    http://www.ipiu.org/forums/sendmessage.php

3) Commercial websites for Union Members {who are current in their union dues}with a Level 3 or higher access are permitted to be included in your Signature, provided the format of fonts and sizes matches the following:

SAMPLES:
    CRAIG PIFER
    Licensed Private Investigator (TN #5358)
    Eagle Investigations: http://eagleinvs.tripod.com

ALBINO FARIA
    Licensed Private Investigator
    Faria Associates, Inc.: http://www.fariaassociates.com/

"Serving the Commonwealth of Massachusetts."

BRIAN GUSTAFSON, CFE
    Licensed Private Investigator (CA #15702)
    Certified Fraud Examiner

GUSTAFSON INVESTIGATIVE SERVICES

ELVIS ACOSTA - President/CEO
    Licensed Private Investigator (TX #A-10550)
    Texas Polygraph Examiners Board - License # 2003-01
    License Handgun Instructor Certificate # 00015103
    4582-E Kingwood Dr., # 286, Kingwood, Tx 77345
    Toll FREE Phone and Fax: 888-351-9051 - Cellular Phone : 832-347-2093
    Eagle Resolutions: http://www.eagle-resolutions.com

"Seekers of Truth and Justice"
    "A leader in private investigations, polygraph examinations, and tactical firearms training"

Mark E. Parsons
    Fugitive Recovery Agent

Since 1992
    http://www.usftf.com

WILLIAM SACCO
    Massachusetts Constable
    Sacco Constable & Notary Service: www.theconstable.com/

If you're wondering how to code in your approved signature with the right size font, bold, and the centering feature - here is a sample of the codes you can type in:

PHP Code:
    [center]WILLIAM SACCO
    Massachusetts Constable
    Sacco Constable 
    Notary Service:  
    [/
    CENTER
    How often may you post your Signature?
    The short answer is that you may only have your signature show once on any one single topic page. You have the option of manually turning on or off your signature each time you post. Only allow your signature to be "on" once in a single page. But if the topic has multiple pages (such as Page 1,2,3,4), then you are permitted to have your signature on once in each of the multiple pages. (If you wish to turn off your signature in any previous comment you posted, simply return to your comment and click on the EDIT button to manually turn off your signature).

Other policies on Signatures are here: Signature Posting Policy Link

To Practice on the codes, please go to the Test Your Forum Writing Skills Forum

If you are in doubt as to whether or not your Signature is approved or not, please email: http://www.ipiu.org/forums/sendmessage.php

Thank you for your support.

I had put in for a "signature request" with my desired name & copy of my PI badge & the entire page disapearred before I could post . Any help?

Darlene

B Ann Craig - is offline Administrative Forum Trainer

Sr. Certified Distinguished Member:
    Private Investigators Forum
    Darlene, you may have been working on it before the forum went down the other day. All posts from that time period have been lost. You may want to just start over. Good luck on your signature.

Have a wonderful week. Take care.

Hi Ann,

That is probably what happened. I may need your expert advice on uploading an image to go with my signature. It is a jpeg of the PI badge. Would you be able to help out with that?

Regards,

Darlene

Darlene, images can't be uploaded from a computers harddrive. You have to use an image that is already on the internet. If you have a web site with the badge on it, you can link form there. I can help you resize the image if it is too large. Just post the image that you want to use on the forum, or you can post the url address to the site that the badge is on. If the badge is the one from IPIU, you can use one of the ones on the froum. Good luck.

Hi again Ann

The badge is on the desktop of my PC. I would like to resize it since I believ it is far too large to use. In fact it is 54.6 kb. If you could help me in resizing it or if I could send it to your personal email & you could do it I would greatly appreciate it.

Let me know what you decide. Thnks again for your help. Obviously if there is EVER anything I can assist you with please feel free to contact me here or I am happy to provide you with my personal email.

P.S In regards to the yahoo account they want us to set up, I am already with AOL & I have never had any problems with them yet. I really prefer not to open another account even if it is free. It's really just the hassle of checking several names. Any suggestions there?

Regards,

Darlene

Darlene, where did you get this badge image to put on your desktop? If you got it somewhere on the internet, and you can find it again, just post the website. If you have access to a website that this image can be uploaded to, we can work on it forum there. The only way that I can help resize it, is on the form. If you could print the image out, you may be able to mail it to IPIU, and see if they can resize it.

You may be able to do a search for badge pictures over the internet, to see if you can find one like the one you have. Maybe the place you got your badge from, has a web site. If you can find one we can use it.

Your AOL email will be fine, as long as you don't have any problems with it. I got the yahoo email when I started, and I didn't know how well I would like it. After I had it for a while, I found out that I like the yahoo email better then my other email accounts. I hope this helps. Good luck in all you do.

Hi B Ann,

Initially I got the badge that I sent you from a website if memory serves me correctly.
    I would appreciate anything you may be able to do.

Regards,

Darlene

Darlene, maybe you could decribe what is on this badge, and what all it says? Give the shape, also?

I have been looking for web sites with badges pictures on them. I have found a lot of them. I just don't know what the badge image that you have looks like.

Please, give me an idea? Thank you. Good luck.

Thanks for the information. I posted my signature and included one of my websites before I read this. I am not sure if I am in violation or not. I am still a bit confused.

Edward Taguba is offline Certified Distinguished Member
    Private Investigators Forums

Professional Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Quote Originally Posted by Melba Martell
    Thanks for the information. I posted my signature and included one of my websites before I read this. I am not sure if I am in violation or not. I am still a bit confused.
    Aloha Melba,

Thank you for your response. Please edit your Signature to remove your web address. You may enter your web address with in your User CP section, under the Profile section.

Hope this helps.

Aloha,
    Ed

Okay Thanks.

Melba,

I'm confused! What does the siginature do for the site? Why should I have one and at level should I start this process?

Thanks,
    Cassandra

Robert Davis is offline Lifetime Professional Management Member

Corporate Agency Member of:

Cool F.r.t.f Agent

can someone send me instruction on placing my signature on I.P.I.U forum

Robert Davis is offline Lifetime Professional Management Member

Corporate Agency Member of:

Cool F.r.t.f Agent

Can Someone Give Me Instruction On Posting A Website On I.p.i.u Or Receiving A Website From I.p.i.u

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra Pack
    Melba,

I'm confused! What does the siginature do for the site? Why should I have one and at level should I start this process?

Thanks,
    Cassandra
    Cassandra, please, read the first post in the link below. The first post will tell you all you need to do.

Click Here: Do you have a Website? Do you wish to provide your Email Address to other PI's?

Good luck in all you do.

Have a wonderful weekend. Take care.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Davis
    Can Someone Give Me Instruction On Posting A Website On I.p.i.u Or Receiving A Website From I.p.i.u
    Robert, please, read the post that David Copeland has posted to you in the link below.

Click Here: Do you have a Website? Do you wish to provide your Email Address to other PI's?

Good luck in all you do.

Have a wonderful weekend. Take care.

Hugh Brown Jr is offline Distinguished Member:
    Private Investigator Forum Member Corporate Agency Owner

Professional Member of:
    Can someone please explain this further to me.

Wyman Radford - is offline Licensed Private Investigator

Agency Member of International Private Investigators Union

Oops

I just sent my request in, I mistakenly thought they would include my IPIU webpage as requested. My bad!!

Luong Hien Duy is offline Licensed Private Invesigator
    Agency Owner

Member of International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Re: Policy: Posting Your Website - HomePage?

To be honest, I feel very happy after I found out this forum. It's very great and helpful for my career. I really want to learn the experience of those people who have been done the work and gain the experiences before. Thanks.

Monalisa Miguel is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

2015 Member of:

I my website is being built... I would like to use the pi email for myself if possible. I would also like to use my signature. I am also a corporate member. I tried clicking on the Do you have a Website? Do you wish to provide your Email Address to other PI's? link but it said I didn't have privileges.

Quote Originally Posted by Monalisa Miguel View Post
    I my website is being built... I would like to use the pi email for myself if possible. I would also like to use my signature. I am also a corporate member. I tried clicking on the Do you have a Website? Do you wish to provide your Email Address to other PI's? link but it said I didn't have privileges.
    1) Please copy and paste the link you tried that did not work, so we can look into it.

2) Aside from the free PI Web Page offered to Professional Management Members, IPIU also offers a whole array of custom PI Web Sites that are as low as $5.99 a month.