Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Why should I post over 30-100 Comments on the Forums?

Marcus Fletcher is offline Lifetime Professional Management Member

Corporate Agency Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    MJ Fletcher// do we get a grade for posts

MJ Fletcher///how much involvement should we put in our forums.

the posts that i have read was very helpful//thanks

MJ Fletcher//the new job assignments has been great.

Well, just reading everyone's comments, I'm trying to get understanding of how to do these forums and to get my post counts up. I haven't received my training manual, but just going through this website to get the feel of things. Anybody is more than welcome to help me out. the one question I want to know is, what level am I, and how do you reach to level two and so on?

It's good to keep replying to forums. It's a good way to understand the website your on and the internet. i take online classes, so this is all I do. Also to meet new people and their goals. My one question that I do have is; Why is it that when I have responded to a forum and click on the post reply button, sometimes it do not accurately give me the post amounts I have done?

Quote Originally Posted by Schywanda Lewis
    It's good to keep replying to forums. It's a good way to understand the website your on and the internet. i take online classes, so this is all I do. Also to meet new people and their goals. My one question that I do have is; Why is it that when I have responded to a forum and click on the post reply button, sometimes it do not accurately give me the post amounts I have done?
    Not all posts will go toward your count.

If you appear to be posting frivolous comments just to boost your count, the admin folks take note of it and adjust your numbers accordingly... Also, there are a few places where your count won't change, no matter HOW many times you post.
    Sandra McGeorge

Quote Originally Posted by Schywanda Lewis
    Well, just reading everyone's comments, I'm trying to get understanding of how to do these forums and to get my post counts up. I haven't received my training manual, but just going through this website to get the feel of things. Anybody is more than welcome to help me out. the one question I want to know is, what level am I, and how do you reach to level two and so on?
    If you have turned in your documentation and you're waiting for your manual & test, you're on your way to Level III. After completing the test, you will go to Level 4.

Thumbs up Self-educating

The set-up of the forums and way it educates/polishes our skill are become extremely helpful to myself. I find my self learning more, for the most part (except MSoffice), than I did while completing my last Information Systems/CS class my senior year completing my degree in Management. It helps me stay focused, pay attention to detail, and utilize basic logic, logistical, and sometimes even philisophical knowledge while interacting with in different forums. I feel like I have enhance myself more and more after every post.

Just a thought and my opinion, it really works and helps a lot.
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bower
    Hi Michael,
    I believe one of the best ways to get more work is to let people know what you do and by performing your job to your clients satisfaction, in turn, you'll get referrals.
    You have joined this site and by doing so, you have exposed yourself to many people and opened the door to further your education. One can never be complacent in their aspiration to better oneself. eg, Tiger is the best golfer in the world, yet he still is tring to improve himself. I applaud you that you want to better yourself and if you give of yourself and knowledge here on the forums, you'll recieve three fold in return.
    Welcome to IPIU and my best to you in your carrer.

Post counts

Ok, I know why the posting ammounts. Its for training, and experience in posting, writing style, experience, and sharing information. What I'd like to know if there is a place you can go to that tells you your most recent count status?

I mean, I know that you can look in the corner of a post with your name and it tells you there, but you have to search for your last post to find that information.

Can they program the site to where after you log in, the corner that states "Welcom..... you last visited:.....: to include the current post count you are at, or have it included in User CP?

That would make it really simple for members to know exactly where they stand on how many posts they have already submitted.
    Robert M. Flores
    USN Retired
    robert.flores@pi-agency.us

"If you are not having fun, then you are doing it wrong!"

Bobby McCuller is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Quote Originally Posted by Technical Support
    Both.

For the year 2003 we have seen more agencies require internet training. The more often members post on the forums, the more often they become skilled at the software. Supervisors, Managers, and lead investigators develop here in the forums as they prove themselves in writing skills, content, posting skills, helpfulness to other members and moderators.
    This was a very good answer.

Bobby McCuller is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    This was a very good reply.

Thank you for this information; it was very helpful in understanding just one of the important reasons why it is necessary to continue communicating on the forums. Besides, I believe this is an important part of the training.

Thank you for the information as to the reason why it is very necessary that we as union members and trainees continue communicating on the forums. I believe this is an important part to the training program.

You know the thing about this posts are that there so much infomation. i know the answers to questions i wouldnt even know to ask about . The monthly dues to this forum is well worth it . you know , someone said if you think education is expensive just try ignoance . and that my friends are what posting on this forum is education

Michael Shew - - is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

2006 to 2007 Member of:

Posting Req's...

Hello,

While I am still new, and should be recieving my test grades today, as well as my level 4 access. I am still curious about all this posting stuff. I can post and post and post about useless information. And easily surpass the the 20/30 post req or guidline.

I am just surprised that this is even a topic for discussion or somthing that is eyed upon. But I have seen lots of useless talk and chat on here that has nothing to do with the business, maybe rather just normal conversation, comraderie, all this can be good, so its just funny for me to see... So I felt complelled to comment.

thanks

Michael
    Chicago

Iam no expert . but, for those of you concerned how important it is to post. look at it this way . sometimes its better to listen and learn in this case read then post all the time and have nothing to say just joking around with a friend of mine i told him he sure talk a hole lot to have nothing to say he just smiled this forum i think encoures people to post there two cents in so to speak

I am fairly new to the forums and have a question...I noticed that when I search everything I have posted, I count a lot more than what my post count says. Any reason? Thanks.

Posting on the Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Laura DeAnn Argo
    I am fairly new to the forums and have a question...I noticed that when I search everything I have posted, I count a lot more than what my post count says. Any reason? Thanks.
    Hi Laura,

This question was actually answered previously in this thread. It was said that not all of your posts will go toward your count. Sometimes the administrator will feel as though you are just posting comments to boost your count and they will adjust your numbers accordingly. It was also said that there are some places in the formus you can post and your count will not change at all.

I am also fairly new to IPIU and am still learning everything. There is so much knowledge on these forums and at times I get overwhelmed. I've just sat here for over an hour reading this entire thread of comments to get a better understanding of why they require us to post so many comments. I have that understanding now and will post when I feel it is necessary. I don't want to post something that will be seen as "posting to boost my count".

Thank you to everyone who takes time out of there busy schedules to help those of us who are new and are trying to learn as much as possible to make it work in this field! It means so much!

Debra

Debra, Thanks for clarifying things for me. That makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by admin

You might venture over to the Forum Members Introduction Lounge where newcomers arrive every day.

Then click on their PROFILE button and see if they added any bio information that may be of interest to you.
    When I click on Member Profiles, I am denied access. Nor am I permitted to send a PM. Is this because I am at entry level? Do I not have enough posts? Is there something I'm not quite 'getting'?

22. As a new member I am glad to see that we have a chance to review the past threads on our own. At first I really did not get the whole “number of post” thing either. I have never taken an online course, so I am finding it quite interesting. After reviewing this whole topic, I have come to believe perhaps it really isn’t about focusing on the numbers. It is more about reading, learning and contributing to the community one has chosen to be a part of. Thank you to all the I.P.I.U. staff that make all of these opportunities flow together and make for a grate-learning environment.

Denise Autret

Denise,

Thank you for the kind words. Just remember, "I am here for you".
    Operations Dept

START WITH TRUST
    When you see the Better Business Bureau Seal, it means the
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU) has agreed to:

TELL THE TRUTH, KEEP ITS PROMISES, BE RESPONSIVE
    www.ipiu.org | IPIU Web Store
    BBB A+ Rating Link | Contact IPIU
    Founded in 1989 - Celebrating our 21st Year Serving 41,932 Members
    CALL IPIU TODAY TO JOIN: 800-548-1526

Jim Harrington is offline Private Investigator

Distinguished Member
    Private Investigators Forum
    Speaking as one who has over 10,000 posts in a different community (with over 100,000 total posts) and more than 5,000 members, I can safely say that this policy is much needed. If every member here posts nothing, that's exactly what this community becomes; nothing... While I can't say that all 10,000 of those posts were quality, informative posts, (sometimes they were nothing more than playing "Word Association") what I can say is that if everyone of those 5,000 members had an incentive to post just 30 total posts, my posting 'burden' wouldn't have been so high and I might still be posting there. There's also a possibility that new members would have generated even further conversation from me so my/our post count would have been even higher... Conversation doesn't just happen on a message board, we as a community, have to make it happen. It's great when you have this many members and this many topics and yet the community still isn't becoming stagnant because the "new blood" is made to shoulder some of the responsibility of creating new content.

Wouldn't you have been disappointed if you joined the forum and there wasn't anyone saying anything???

This place is like "The Neverending Story" instead of an old e-book you can download and delete...

I am looking forward to my new job and would like to learn more.

Lynne Knight is offline Certified Distinguished Member
    Private Investigators Forum

(Retired Moderator)
    To Tim:

BEST laugh of the day! THANK YOU - Truly! Much needed.

I just recieved my photo credentials. I have not recieved my training manual yet. What is my next step?

I have not yet received my photo's. so I called info and they told me my password and I went online and got my manual off of line . so I can study...

also you have to do a code of ethics.

I think that it is a good idea as it will weed out one's intentions on this site. My intentions are to become a PI and learn as much as I can through the posts here and from others.

Re: Why should I post over 30-100 Comments on the Forums?

I have been reading and working my way through the forums and posting honest replies to how I feel about what I am reading and learning. Today is the first time that I have read about the the number of posts we are "required" to make. I feel that replying helps us get to know one another and also to give kuddos to whom and where they are needed.

Everyone is to be applauded for the thought and effort put into these threads. I certainly find it to be motivational as well as informative and even humerous at times which I appreciate.

Originally posted by Katherine Baker
    I really wouldn't want to waste server space with idle chatter, and, as of now, I cannot answer anyone else's questions.

I feel that this is a professional environment, and in turn with the way I was raised, if I don't have any information that can help then I should keep my yap shut.

Can I please get some clarifacation?

While I subscribe to keeping your ears (or eyes as the case may be) open and your mouth shut, I also know without a doubt you have something to say which is meaningful to someone. We are all not so eloquent as others in the way in which we phrase our thoughts. What is more important in my humble view is to find some insight to share. You can do this, you are a unique individual with unique qualifications in your own personal life. Use this and look within to find the insight to share.

I applaud you for having the intiative to find answers in the forums for which you have questions. This is exactly why these forums are great and why we should read them. Remember you do not have to have the answer to the worlds problems to write a post.

I feel the act of formulating and writing a post is actually part of the growth training I came here to pursue. I am thankful for the opportunity.

"Can't never did anything" my blessed grandmother

I just received my advanced manual..I will be learning more about the book soon..hope I receive upgraded job's..yes tim you are still my hero..

Robert Munson is offline **

Moderator (On Leave of Absence)
    Distinguished Member - Private Investigators Forum

This specific thread is here to tell you what you should do to get the most out of your time here. You do not have to post at all if that is your wish.

What so many people fail to see and understand about why you should post 30 - 100 comments is that without interaction on any other level this is the only feedback a prospective hiring agent has to evaluate us on.

The firms posted in the Level 4 areas have people that check on the forums from time to time. They see who is active and when you apply to those firms they can see what contributions you have made to the forums and the quality of what you write can be used on some of the decisions they might make.

I know that over time we all get better at writing on the forums and the responses we make to others get better as our knowledge level increases.

Another thing to note about posting is that not every forum area increases you message count. Areas that are "after hours" and such do not count. Only the areas that can contribute to your training count in your total count.

Posting bogus messages and off-topic messages (once found) will be subtracted from your count also. Remember the forums are monitored and corrections are made as needed.
    Robert J. Munson

Dan MacPhee is offline * Certified
    Private Investigator Forum Member

Professional Management Member of:

Thanks for the clarification,Robert!

thank you everyone it does help to have diversity.

What is the better fourm to go into for someone who is a new member to this site???

Thank you,
    Now I understand the importance of the number of posts required for the forums.

Clathina McMillan
    Perspective Private Investigator

Eric Catron is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Union Member of International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Munson
    Another thing to note about posting is that not every forum area increases you message count. Areas that are "after hours" and such do not count. Only the areas that can contribute to your training count in your total count.

Posting bogus messages and off-topic messages (once found) will be subtracted from your count also. Remember the forums are monitored and corrections are made as needed.
    Would it be safe to say that the new members area is not a contributing factor to these negative counters?, More so the off topic ones.

I have learned that through many feedback posts that the key to finding information is using the search function a lot more. I most likely would not have one single post here outside my introduction if I would have stayed more heavily to the search feature instead of reduntant posts.

we...live ...we learn....we TYPE...we READ...

Thanks
    Eric

Yes Yes I agree with Mike, But on another note I have also heard that "Edgucation is when you read the fine print... and experience is what you get if you dont". The forums have been vary helpfull to me and I am virtually meeting alot of different people that have the same interests that I have. I cant wait to get some assignments.

Thanks and have a great day
    Ryan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast