Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Why should I post over 30-100 Comments on the Forums?

Re: Why should I post over 30-100 Comments on the Forums?

Patricia Stewart now i have got pass the hard part I am trying to find out is how do i get my certified paperwork. I work in security and I do a lot of investigation their on certain incidents and even used surveillance to look back on certain incidents.I have been doing this for over 5 years and I am ready for to start working.

Why do I need to post over 30-100 comments. A day will this help me become a private investgator. I wanna how now because I have pass the open book test what I need to do from here.

I have read several of the comment.

Luke A Slowik is offline *
    Moderator (Retired)

Former Law Enforcement Officer
    Distinguished Member: Private Investigators Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia Stewart View Post
    Patricia Stewart now i have got pass the hard part I am trying to find out is how do i get my certified paperwork. I work in security and I do a lot of investigation their on certain incidents and even used surveillance to look back on certain incidents.I have been doing this for over 5 years and I am ready for to start working.
    Patricia you are at Level 4. You should start applying to the different companies that are available to you. I would suggest re-reading the Level 4 instructions on how to become successful. If you do not put fourth the effort you will not receive assignments. Apply to as many as possible, perhaps apply to 5-10 per day until you have applied to all.

Why do I need to post over 30-100 comments. A day will this help me become a private investgator. I wanna how now because I have pass the open book test what I need to do from here.
    Many prospective employers peruse the forums. The more active you are within the forums the better you look to these employers. You should not make a habit of looking at your post count everyday but rather read and respond to the threads of interest to you. You will be amazed how quickly your post count will rise.

I have read several of the comment.
    Best of Luck to you Patricia! If you need further guidance please let me know.

Yes I seen that I to am reading alot more than I post, but there is a wealth of information and once you get into the reading times flies. Learning is part of starting here so i guess reading alot the first year is not that uncommon.

Wardy Landrau - - is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

2008 Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Thumbs up Re: Why should I post over 30-100 Comments on the Forums?

Hi

To everybody I'm kind of new to the forum hoping to chat with everybody and get better in my typing.

Charles Taylor - is offline Private Investigator

2008 Member of the Private Investigator Forums

Defining a goal, and then determining a logical progression of actions to achieve that goal comes with maturity and experience. Success is carrying out those requirements efficiently. I paid my $99 dollars to join this outfit because I have already completed Florida's basic requirements to obtain the intern license. My application was submitted prior to joining. Because my goal is assist elderly folks who have been ripped off by ever growing numbers of predators, I found that being a licensed PI would be put me in a reasonable position to offer my (free) services. So, here I am. I am working on a strategy to approach various groups and agencies who serve the elderly with a proposal to volunteer my services. I would appreciate having the ability to to discuss various points with working professionals. I must ask the question. Do I spend a few evenings jumping from topic to topic and adding a few comments here and there just to gain enough credits to attain the privilege of communicating with experienced people. I believe this forum fulfills a noble purpose in that it allows people with a genuine interest in this business to transition at their own pace from student to working professional. I understood I would be communicating with licensed investigators in the forums reserved for exchanging ideas, and would be free to discuss my cases or ask for advice. I have provided the state license numbers for the agency and mentor who have sponsored my application. I was licensed when the application was submitted earlier this month. In closing, I understand that I have a very narrow and specialized area of interest. If there is anyone reading this that have similar interests, I invite you to contact me. I would like to hear your ideas. ct

Re: I am confused on how posting really helps?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian A Kelly View Post
    Hi Lillian,

Just in reading your comment this evening, prompted me to use a Quotation from "Kimberly Lackey" that she had just written to another forum member. I feel that she has created a realistic approach to your current status.
    Kimberely's message was well organized, and constructed for one purpose in mind.

The above quote is presented by "Kimberly Lackey"
    Thanks Kimberly

I hope this helps you understand the basic requirements needed, by any of our future employers.

I understand how one will feel in the form of typing on a computer, and not knowing how to type so much, or having something to say. I am currently in college and taking on line courses. These courses have the same Idea that these posts have in order for you to get credit you have to type so much and to so many people for the fact that it helps your conversations in the future and gets you a better grade when posting so many words. I have also taken a detective course and something that they recommended was classes that would help learn better speaking skills since that is what this job is mostly about. I have just joined this forum and I am excited about it completely. Oh in case one is wondering I am getting my associate in Criminal Justice but I did some research. And now they are saying that you need a bachelors degree and before it was a associates degree is this correct.

I learned alot after re-reading this topic!

Terry McCauley is offline * Certified
    Private Investigator Forum Member

Professional Management Member of:

Re: I'm curious to know..

Does IPIU know which posts that I replied too in different forums? So then, each time I post a comment, then this all goes towards my count?
    Terry McCauley
    Private Investigator
    Member IPIU

Web Site: http://www.terry.mccauley.pi-agency.us/
    E-Mail: terry.mccauley@pi-agency.us
    Enjoy Life Each And Every Day! "Let's Play Golf"

I got it. You are tracking our drive and dedication to learn. I am surfing on the IPIU site for hours a day soaking in everything..... This is my first post.. Guess I will make a practice of telling you guys that I am learning.
    Shawn Fair

Thanks Admin for this important information.

Be blessed.

Sincerely

Joseph Sawe
    Associate Forum Member

Just a story that might shed some light on the subject....

I am currently attending online courses working towards a degree in the computer field. Every week we have to post a min of 1 initial post and 3 replies to others on the class discussion board.

I believe it is done to show participation and also interaction with others. Being online its kind of hard to judge ones ability to interact with others and get a "feel" for the person.

My thoughts are that the postings kind of remedy that problem.

It is a good way to go in communicatting through the online as members of the this wonderful Institution, but I sometimes I be come very committed such that I can't access the mail but let us try our level best to communicate.

Thanks.

Sincerely
    Joseph Sawe
    Associate Forum Member

Ellen McManus - - is offline Lifetime Professional Management Member

Member of:

As a new comer, like others in this forum, I respect others and what they have to say.

I know we are supposed to write on the forums as much as possible so our learning and progression can be monitored. My problem is I read everything but do not comment unless it's something I disagree with.

I received a Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice as well as a diploma in Private Investigating. I know what writing is about from those many essays and exams as well as participating in seminars and feel that I should not be penalized (so to speak) because I do not wish to respond to everyone's thread when they pretty much say the same thing.

Although, this may just be my opinion but I am sure others are thinking the same thing. So, if I do not write 30-100 posts does that mean I will not progress to the next level?

Ellen McManus

Donna Reagan is offline Administrator
    Private Investigators Forum

Licensed Private Investigator
    DHS Certified

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen McManus View Post
    As a new comer, like others in this forum, I respect others and what they have to say.

I know we are supposed to write on the forums as much as possible so our learning and progression can be monitored. My problem is I read everything but do not comment unless it's something I disagree with.

I received a Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice as well as a diploma in Private Investigating. I know what writing is about from those many essays and exams as well as participating in seminars and feel that I should not be penalized (so to speak) because I do not wish to respond to everyone's thread when they pretty much say the same thing.

Although, this may just be my opinion but I am sure others are thinking the same thing. So, if I do not write 30-100 posts does that mean I will not progress to the next level?

Ellen McManus
    There are many "levels" and promotions available here and from the International Private Investigators Union.

With over 41,000 members, you can aptly see that most members are too busy to participate in a daily, weekly, or monthly basis here. Yet each year they find time to pay their annual dues to support us.

Probably the most important "level" is achieving Level 4 Access to the website. You do not need to have a record of many postings here to achieve that. Many times a new member who is a licensed private investigators posts their Code of Ethics and their Introduction (two posts) and they are upgraded to Level 4, and we never hear from them except once a year or so.

The other "level" you may be referring to is a "Post Level", where the more active you are in current or new discussions, the higher your Post Count is. The Internet World is filled with new resources every day which can be of interest to the members here. You may not want to post a duplicate opinion of what another members has already posted, but you may wish to offer a differing or enlarged personal opinion in a discussion. And there is nothing wrong with offering encouragement to those who have authored personal statements of their progress or challenges.

Additional Levels are in the form of memberships. You will notice that a members User Title may be as different as the following:

• Member of: International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    • Professional Member of: International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    • Corporate Agency Member of: International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    • Associate Member of: International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    • Lifetime Member of: International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Regardless, the substance of the title of this topic is members over a period of time should have at least 30 posts - if they invest the time in reviewing the half-million comments posted at this site. I cannot imagine anyone who has taken the time to view that many comments, resources, opinions, introductions, or stories - that they would not comment at least 30 times.

We are also aware of "padding", when a member posts copy and pastes in a dozen topics to boost their post count. The Moderators typically archive such attempts, because it does not add to the quality of the topics.

With your background and writing style, I would encourage you to disregard the post counts - and just enjoy your journey, Ellen.

Suggestion:

1. Go to the left top of this page and click on the small item titled ADVANCED SEARCH
    2. Then look to the left and click on the phrase titled Search Single Content Type
    3. Then in the section titled USER NAME, type the name of: Liz Mason
    4. Then click Search

You will see that Liz finds something in everyone to offer a comment - when deserved. She and her husband live in South Africa, and have a Denver phone that rings on her MagicJack in her home. They are planning to return to the states as soon as they sell their farm. But she is an interesting member who, like yourself, has many qualities.

Again, I encourage you to enjoy the journey - although you may once again find yourself a freshman in some respects with the technology.

Donna

Donna Reagan
    Licensed Private Investigator
    DHS Certified

START WITH TRUST
    When you see the Better Business Bureau Seal, it means the
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU) has agreed to:

TELL THE TRUTH, KEEP ITS PROMISES, BE RESPONSIVE
    www.ipiu.org | IPIU Web Store
    Official BBB Accreditation Link | Contact IPIU
    Founded in 1989 - Celebrating our 32nd Year Serving 48,373 Members

CONTACT LINK HERE TO JOIN IPIU

Ellen McManus - - is offline Lifetime Professional Management Member

Member of:

Thanks again Donna. I didn't mean to sound rude, just wanted to make sure I wasn't required to answer every post. I do not copy and paste, that is too much like plagerism. Posts should sound personal especially if they come personally from you. I am really excited to get started, and have been looking forward to this for quite some time. Your statement of being a freshman again is definately true in this case and everyday I find out something I never knew before! Again, thanks for setting me straight.
    Ellen

Dianne Hopersberger - is offline Licensed Private Investigator
    Private Investigator Forum Member

Retired Member of:

Re: Like so many

Congradulations May on the recognition. It is great know of active people on the forum to a new person.

I was an a moderator on a vbulletin site and had over 3600 posts over a 2 year period. We had over 5000 registered members. I know the value of participation on the boards, but I know equally well that the quality of the posts is what is important. I am a newcomer to the field and am trying to find my way. The challenge with a post requirement is having something worthwhile to contribute to the thread. Currently, the most valuable function of the board to me is as a reference to answer my questions and provide launching points from which I may learn. Posting on subjects I am not intimately familiar with is presumptive and of little value. Greater access to learning material would benefit someone like myself more than posting blind.

I appreciate the work the Admins. have put in here and am excited to see where this goes.

Looked for the edit function to fix my typo to no avail. Sorry for the sloppy text.

John Sanderson is offline Lifetime Member

Corporate Agency Member of:

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory Carroll View Post
    I was an a moderator on a vbulletin site and had over 3600 posts over a 2 year period. We had over 5000 registered members. I know the value of participation on the boards, but I know equally well that the quality of the posts is what is important. I am a newcomer to the field and am trying to find my way. The challenge with a post requirement is having something worthwhile to contribute to the thread. Currently, the most valuable function of the board to me is as a reference to answer my questions and provide launching points from which I may learn. Posting on subjects I am not intimately familiar with is presumptive and of little value. Greater access to learning material would benefit someone like myself more than posting blind.

I appreciate the work the Admins. have put in here and am excited to see where this goes.
    I'm unsure if the program is still available, but at one point in time the IPIU offered free memberships in exchange for serving as a moderator. Might be worth looking into.

Also, one way you can boost your post count is by authoring custom welcomes in the forum members introduction lounge. The more active you are on the forums, the better, no matter the content of the post.

Asking questions is never a bad thing either. By asking questions, you're not admitting stupidity. Rather you're admitting you don't know the answer to one particular question. I often times find myself asking questions I already know the answer to just to get the word out about a particular subject.
    John Sanderson

Task Force Investigations
    Logistics Department

Glen Fuller is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Professional Member of:

by Glen Fuller: thank you for all of the good information here it is very helpful, (

I feel that some of the information in this thread to be useful. I also feel that some of the information wasn't useful. Some of the thread didn't really answer the question. The part that was useful helped out why you should post. At the same time it didn't cover why you should post the number amount.

Thank you
    Charmaine Stender

Glen Fuller is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Professional Member of:

Mrs, stender; the posting helps your writing skills and your member ship in these forums you will and can learn a lot by the posts that are up please take your time to read them you will also find if you have any questions they may have been asked by others and answered by meny, but feel free to contact a staff member to answer your questions as well. mr,Glen J,Fuller

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3