Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Why should I post over 30-100 Comments on the Forums?

Arrow Why should I post over 30-100 Comments on the Forums?

Originally posted by Omar Castro
    I would like to know if this just helps us in the forum only or does this also help us in training hours as well toward a possible certification?
    Both.

For the year 2003 we have seen more agencies require internet training. The more often members post on the forums, the more often they become skilled at the software. Supervisors, Managers, and lead investigators develop here in the forums as they prove themselves in writing skills, content, posting skills, helpfulness to other members and moderators.
    Technical Support
    Administrator

Omar Castro is offline ** Certified

Sr. Member - Private Investigators Forum:
    Union Member of the International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Post Thanks Tech Support

Ok, I seem to have a better understanding on the final policy of results and am eagerly waiting.

But, for the Internet training on the forum and the appliations people need, I am still curious. Are we being graded for our postings or is this just a helping hand?

Also, how does the possible agency test our potential ability with SW, App, and basic Internet skills?

Would a degree or certificate of such nature be better?

Does the amount of posts also help in the narrowing down a candidate for a potential employer?

Do you have an email address where I can send more personal questions?

Thanks again in advance.

Omar

Re: Thanks Tech Support

Originally posted by Omar Castro
    Are we being graded for our postings ..
    Yes and no.

Moderator trainee applicants usually have a better chance in getting appointed if they show active forum participation and pay attention to the means they communicate with other members.

Other forum members are seen by managers and agency owners as they mature in their forum participation, and often are contacted privately.

But aside, this forum software is used by over a million other websites worldwide. So the self training is worth the investment of time.

Originally posted by Marisa Cardona
    If we receive an email concerning our comment number does that mean our membership is in jeopardy?
    No.

We have some union members that have only read the forums (with over 40,000 comments posted) and have only posted a handful of comments and are very busy with their assignments and career. But unless a member tells us that, we haven't a clue as to what they are doing and learning.

For the most part, "trainees" need to participate more on the forums so that we can track their progress. Without progress, we don't feel we are serving them as much as we can.

Originally posted by Sara E. Pickett
    User title Promotions with comments numbers, is a very interesting way to break down into user catagories.
    It is more like "Participation Categories".
    But "a title is just a title, is just a title".
    Titles should reflect effort and accomplishments. Some members do not seek after titles, but seek after their own effort and accomplishing their aims. Still, some members enjoy receiving a title as recognition for their efforts.
    However isn't content of both character and communicatons, reasoning, and progression of skills what it's all about?
    That is certainly the higher aim But some members need to experiment with the comment software. Others need to experiment with their writing skills. And still other members learn from doing and choosing role models on the forums to embody the talents they admire.

The button at the top of every page titled SEARCH allows you to enter any User Name, and search for all of they comments on the boards. If you choose the member with the highest comment total (Kanda Force), you may very well see how she started a few years ago as many other members started out. Today she is a Sr. Moderator.
    Are these tools, ie. "User Titles, and Comments Totals" just a way for admin. to guage the above things mentioned?
    Yes and no.

The automated User Title upgrade is driven only by comment counts. But we also have the ability to overide the User Title to customize it, regardless of comment totals. We do this for Licensed Private Investigators and other professionals as a courtesy in recognizing they contributions to the forums.
    At any rate, I do appreciate any and all information to better educate all of us that make up the populous here.
    So THANKYOU to the administration of these forums.
    We appreciate your comments.

By the way, you'll see that I answered multiple questions inside one (1) comment instead of posting several Replies to drive up my comment totals.

Re: Like so many

Originally posted by Rod Elliott
    I just don't want to add to my count with some one line posts, that really don't have any value. When I read topics I could add my thanks to the original author etc. but I want it to be much more.
    I appreciate that.

There are some good role models in Forum members here, such as May Toney and others - who find something interesting to reflect on the comments, rather than just copy and paste a reply.

You might venture over to the Forum Members Introduction Lounge where newcomers arrive every day.

Then click on their PROFILE button and see if they added any bio information that may be of interest to you.

Or, you may help other members find the forums they are looking for.

Or, if you're okay with the forum software, there are members in the Test Your Forum Writing Skills area that need help posting.

I am involved with another forum where my post count is over 2600.
    Wonderful.

We have a new DVD and Movie forum - if you enjoy posting film comments.

Re: Re: Like so many

I just don't want to add to my count with some one line posts, that really don't have any value. When I read topics I could add my thanks to the original author etc. but I want it to be much more.
    Hi Elliott,
    You sound just like me when I began my journey through the forums. I know exactly how you feel and I think it's great that you're a person of few words. I tend to be far too wordy. But I've learned the value of posting a few words here and there as well. It's one sure way to get over the initial fright of addressing thousands of people. It's a way to let others know you're actively participating. It's the best way to become comfortable with the software while you make new friends. It's also an excellent way for you and others to track your progress.

You may think you have little to offer right now but you might be pleasantly surprised. I've seen numerous one liners that really packed a punch and expressed something I truly needed to hear. So don't deprive your peers or sell yourself short , my friend. Enjoy yourself and post away!

Originally posted by admin
    There are some good role models in Forum members here, such as May Toney and others - who find something interesting to reflect on the comments, rather than just copy and paste a reply.
    This is an excellent example of how a few words can mean so much. Thank you for these kind words. They mean more than I can say.

Thumbs up Thanks Sara

Thank you to the administrators and all others to help explain this User title promotions.Please forgive me if I offended anyone. That was never my intention. I was just making an observation and comment. Live and learn, read, and then READ some more!
    Sara,
    Thanks to your persistent efforts, "We now have the knowledge, and the willingness to learn", as you have shown us.

As far as I can see, you have not offended anyone, but on the contrary, have enlightened most of us. Keep sharing your inspiration with all of us.
    Last edited by Brian A Kelly; 07-16-2003 at 10:22 PM.

I am confused on how posting really helps?

Originally posted by Lillian Broniek
    I was wondering how posting comments helps us with possible employment. Moreover, does it mean that I should always go to this sight as much as possible and respond to what interests me. Also, what are employers really looking at.
    Hi Lillian,

Just in reading your comment this evening, prompted me to use a Quotation from "Kimberly Lackey" that she had just written to another forum member. I feel that she has created a realistic approach to your current status.
    Kimberely's message was well organized, and constructed for one purpose in mind.

Originally posted by Kimberly Lackey

I agree that forum members shouldn't just post "in a blind whirlwind."

Here is what I think the original intent of having at least 20 posts is all about.

For those who are new to the internet and to forums as well can learn a lot while they post. They learn about the forum software and how to use it. This in itself requires being able to observe what others are doing and sometimes mimicking them. It also requires the ability to follow instructions, which is an asset in any future work setting.

Communication skills are also put to the test. Being able to write grammatically correct posts that are coherent and meaningful will show future employers (who might be lurking on these forums) that the member will be capable of writing concise understandable reports.

A member’s postings also show how well the member interacts with others. Most employers like to avoid hiring people with a bad attitude or very poor interpersonal skills. An investigator needs to be able to blend in with many types of people, a skill that can be developed through arenas such as these forums.

Posting shows one’s willingness to get involved. It shows a commitment to this venture, doing whatever it takes (within reason) to be a successful private investigator. The ironic thing is that it doesn’t take that much time or effort to write twenty posts.

These are just a few of the reasons that I have come up with. Some members have highly developed skills from day one while others do not. Who can tell one from another until after the fact?
    The above quote is presented by "Kimberly Lackey"
    Thanks Kimberly

I hope this helps you understand the basic requirements needed, by any of our future employers.

Originally posted by Katherine Baker
    Okay, I finally have a question.

I'm a relatively new member. The first thing I read when I joined this forum, was that if you have a question someone has most likely already asked. Look around and find the answer. So far I have been able to do that with every question I've had.

Unfortunately I had to put my application process on hold due to ill parents. Now that I can get back into the swing of things and get my paperwork rolling once again, I see something that is almost contradictory. Your number of posts apparently counts for something. I really wouldn't want to waste server space with idle chatter, and, as of now, I cannot answer anyone else's questions.

I feel that this is a professional environment, and in turn with the way I was raised, if I don't have any information that can help then I should keep my yap shut.

Can I please get some clarifacation?

We have over 100 forums here, and they are not all read only. We all have lifestyles too. There is a movie forum for reviews, an after-hours lounge forum for casual discussions, a mystery forum to keep your mind awake, and a home office forum for the latest technology and sorts.

Quality of comments is more important than redundant remarks.

More important, your comments prove you can write as well as read. And I am pleased to report that you have good sentence structure, and use paragraph breaks rather than just one long hard to read sentence.

Last, try helping the less fortunate navigate through the more than 100,000 topics we have posted here in various forums. Your count will increase dramatically while helping your colleagues.

Welcome (and remember to post your Introduction in the appropriate forum lounge)

Originally posted by Katherine Baker
    I really wouldn't want to waste server space with idle chatter, and, as of now, I cannot answer anyone else's questions.

I feel that this is a professional environment, and in turn with the way I was raised, if I don't have any information that can help then I should keep my yap shut.

Can I please get some clarifacation?

I'm new to this too. I can sympathize with your concerns. Although I'm not one to withhold my opinion, I see little point in writing just for the sake of upping my posts without adding any valuable information or insights in my comments.

Kimberley Lackey's response, quoted on page 2 of this forum, gives a good outline of why participating in the forums is a good idea. However I have so far not read many posts on how to come up with good things to say. If I'm correct that is what your underlying question was.

Here are some pointers in how to add to the forum discussions.
    Read what is being said and evaluate it in your mind. Form your own opinion on what is being said! I understand that some comments sound very convincing and complete (especially when you're new to this and feel like you don't know much). Don't be intimidated by that. Think it through. If you find that you disagree or that the previous quotes illustrate a part of the truth but are neglecting another point of view (yours for example) or open up a question, go ahead and add it.

Here is a list of questions that you could ask yourself when reading a post:
    What exactly is the person saying?
    What is he/she NOT saying? (i.e. check the post for logical reasoning, faulty conclusions, ommitted conclusions, etc...)
    Why is he/she saying it? (Is it a response to a post? Does it respond to the question posted, is it an addition, did he/she understand the question and answer it?)
    What experience does he/she have?
    What facts is the post based on?
    How does the information help you or others?
    Can you apply the information?
    How can you apply the information?

This is by no means a complete list of questions. Questions come as you dissect the posts. You will be surprised as to how much you'll be able to add. Sometimes you won't and that's fine too.

My personal opinion is: don't feel stressed about adding posts. Take your time to read and learn from others. However don't underestimate the value of your opinion and analysis. The ability to evaluate the information given is certainly one of the most important qualities a PI can acquire. If you feel that you're not very good at that, this forum is an excellent place to practice it, since you can assume that people here are friendly and willing to help.

Good luck to you Katie.

Vanessa Houssian
    Last edited by Vanessa Houssian; 11-13-2003 at 10:20 PM.

Donna Reagan is offline Administrator
    Private Investigators Forum

Licensed Private Investigator
    DHS Certified

Re: I'm curious to know..

Originally posted by Meronda Kelly
    Are we being monitored everytime we sign onto the forums even if we do not respond?
    Yes.

Originally posted by Meronda Kelly
    I've been reading a lot and most of the time there's no need for me to ask a question or make a comment due to my question or concerns been expressed and answered prior.
    Yes, that is true of nearly everyone. But as you absorb the material, topics, and other interesting discussions . . . you should be able to post a Reply to newcomers as they struggle with knowing the information that you have come to know.

As one of the moderators said, "Don't be a Ghost on the forums. The number of comments posted is a personal record of your ability to type, write, and offer facts and information to your team mates."

Lightbulb

I have been using the Internet for about 10 years now, and this is probably one of maybe 5 sites total that take writng and posting seriously. I am new so my post counts are low yet, but like so many others here, I have high counts onother forums.

There is much to learn and much to be taught by every single one of us here. I have already learned a lot and plan on reading more than I post.

Especially since I am new here.

Stephen
    Stephen Brink
    AKA Darth Nocuous
    GM of the Flaming Cherubim Fantasy Hockey Team

Aloha!

Just a suggestion you can reply to the Newcomers Intro this might help your (post Counts) go up a little.

When replying to the newcomers topics I believe admin doesn't want to see (copy & Paste) but something different on each one.

As your post count goes up reply to different forums/threads that might interest you.

I hope I could help and answer your question. Enjoy your day and have a safe holiday season................

Mahalo,
    Sunya N. Nardo

With A Power Greater Than Yourself
    All Things Is Possible.........

Badge# 6821

Posting/Internet usage.

I understand that writing is very important and that it's a form of communication. Posting also shows active participation. Which is truely a positive and needed attribute. I have learned so much these past few weeks from everyone else. I've had a few hard knocks myself about internet usage and computer skills. I don't think I can express just exactly the amount of information I have learned or the pain I have felt in my neck from tension.

When I'd come across comments from other people, it would influence me to just keep pressing on. There are a few times I was going to log out and try again tommrow. NOT! Below are just a few of the names that come to mind.

Kimberly Lackey likes to break it down into a structure that anyone can understand and sets reasons for why things are done the way they are in a way that is irrefutable.

Sunya Nardo has to be one of the most cheerful and vibrant. She will step in and help anyone out. What I admire most about her is that she has a positive attitude and it really shows.

David Copeland has helped me out tremendously in what he has to say in his posts and what new members should do first. I always follow the star now.

The advice given and how to use the forums from Kanda Force was a great help as well. I never did get the chance to comment on the forum for navigating the IPIU forums because I couldn't post a reply.

Thank you Kanda. Because of you, I now open my browser with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 without any problems.

I was so glad to hear that this type of software is used by so many companies. I have had a few tears the past few days because I could not post. This was because of my weak understanding of the internet and how to use my own software. I had to delete all of the cookies on my internet options and delete all files. Of course I had to do this before I even went into IPIU web page. It honestly did not click for me on why I could post on some forums and none on the others. I could read and read information in most of the forums I had tried, however; the majority I could not post in. I have Brandon in technical support to thank for this.

Someone commented above about being on-line and not posting anything if we are still being monitored. The answer was yes. Would this include my situation? I had to log in so many times because after I'd post and hit preview it would take me back to the log in. Even though my name would be at the top for being loged in. Also to include that at the bottom it would say I could post and etc.

If it does that's great, if not that's ok too because I have everything fixed now. Ive also had the best self taught experience (not to mention the guidance) that I've had in a very long time.

I want to thank everyone so much for letting me learn from you and your comments and let it be know that you are truely appreciated.

Georgina Laesch

Hi Jennifer,
    You're a Newbie, WELCOME!! Take your shoes off, make yourself at home, stay awhile...

Please permit me to chime in my wooden nickel (no more 2c based on inflation and COLA!!)

Please permit me to disagree with your current perspective, just for a MOMENT, by providing you with this example. A number of years ago I worked with this contract piping designer (contractors makes 40% CASH more than straight-time employee w/ no benefits) and I asked him how did he manage to linger longer than other contractors. He answered, "I am not the greatest piping designer west of the Mississippi, but I get along with people and get the work done. I SMILE and I am friendly..."

Another note if you permit -- people can tell how smart you are based on your communications skill, content, delivery format, and tone.

OK, my wooden nickel's time is up according to the meter...

Hi Susan,

Thank you for your comments and your story. I just hope that at some point my communication skills and writing ability will be proven through assignments I actually do rather than chatting with people via email. I am a nurse and have excellent communication and people skills. I am very motivated to continue my studies. I would certainly hate not being able to move ahead due to a forum quota.

Trust me Susan, I'm not going anywhere

Timothy Lawson is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Jennifer,

Don't think of it as meeting a quota, think of it as writing a really long resume. I don't have a lot of time to visit the forums either, so I do all my posting and reading in bursts.

Also, I have spent a lot of time in Usenet Newsgroups. Newsreader software is far more complicated to use than the IPIU forum software, and only in certain groups is anyone willing to help (unlike IPIU, where helpful people are everywhere). Newsgroupies don't like short, non-informative posts, either. You contribute something or you get flamed and kill-filed. AOL members were blocked from many newsgroups and forums for many years because of their "me too" kind of posts. So at first it was difficult to find some way to post and get my numbers up without violating the rules I had learned in the newsgroups.

But this post is the kind that anyone can make; personal experience.

Good luck,
    Tim

B Ann Craig - is offline Administrative Forum Trainer

Sr. Certified Distinguished Member:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer E Dean
    Dear Administrator,

I do have to say I am a little bothered by the fact people are judging our skills based on how many times we respond to eachother within the forums. I am one of those people that has only so much time to surf the site. I like to get on, read, practice and move on. I only want to post questions or responses to those that I truely need help with... not post just to meet a quota. I am a very educated person and would hope that any job I get is a direct result of my education, experience and testing skills, not how many times I respond within the forum.

Please correct me if what I have said is incorrect. Learning to navigate within this forum is a little overwhelming but I am learning quickly. I can usually find the answer to any question I have within the forum and do not feel the need to post frequently. Your comments are welcome. Thank you.
    Jennifer, I totally agree with you. My first year on the forum. I spent you time reading, and learning. I only posted 7 posts my whole first year.

When you can understand what you have read, you are way ahead of the game. When you are able to learn on your own, and have few posts, it shows in the skill you use when writing your posts. The content of your post is more inportant then your number. Our software is able to tell if we post and empty, meaningless post, or one with good content.

Keep doing what you are doing, you are doing a fine job. Good luck in all you do.

Have a wonderful week. Take care.

Smile

Some don't understand the reasoning of posting, but you have to ask yourselves. How many questions did you have before you entered a forum, and during your tour through, were these questions answered? Alot of people feel what they have to offer to the forums are unworthy or useless, but,if everyone felt that way we would never learn anything.
    I am new to all of this and I have learned alot through reading and asking alot of questions, Thank-You.
    The way I feel is, just because I have knowledge in something that is discussed, doesn't mean that everyone does, not saying that I know alot, because I don't. But, when you add a little or comment on a topic, even if you feel it is trivial it may be very helpful for others. So keep on posting because I need all the help I can get.
    Last edited by Lisa Mahoney; 07-24-2004 at 03:51 PM.

Folks, let's keep this topic "on-topic". As it is, I will need to clean up several pages of off-topic comments that have nothing to do with the original author's comment about the manual.

For Level 4 members, there is a private chit-chat forum here:
    http://www.ipiu.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=236

For Level 3 Members, there is a chit-chat topic here:
    http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15327

For Level 1 Members, there is a chit-chat topic here:
    http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15315

If you are a Newcomer and are lost, then click here for specific instructions:
    http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthrea...&threadid=5008

Thank you for your support.

Lightbulb Determining intention

Wow.

I didn't feel entirely comfortable with the idea of just posting so that my numbers would increase. It seemed too forced, especially since I had tons more reading to do.

BUT....

After reading through different forums this last week, I can see another benefit to having everyone communicate. Besides sharing helpful information, it is a very distinct way to tell what kind of attitude a person has.

It quickly becomes clear who is helpful, funny, and cheerful; as well as who has enthusiasm and determination.

Likewise, any negative feelings or attitudes soon become noticeable.

Thank you for all the great advice in this thread, I learned a lot and am off to Read and Reply elsewhere.

B Ann Craig - is offline Administrative Forum Trainer

Sr. Certified Distinguished Member:
    Quote Originally Posted by Philippe Dasnabedian
    I still don't quite understand how posting more will get us a better job (or a
    job at all).. I read the threads constantly, but most of the time I don't feel
    the need to post. Also, I was under the impression that having a degree in Criminal Justice Administration would be of more help. Any answers to these questions would be of great help. Thanks.
    Philippe, the importance of posting is the content of your posts. People that are looking for help, will be able to see how well you can get your point accross. They will see your style of writing. They can figure out a lot about the person making the posts, also. They can see if you understand what you have been reading, and if you are able to help other new members.

Some people come to the forum with out any clue as to what to do, or how the forum works to learn. Reading, and understanding is more important then posting. Then when you are ready to post, your posts will be filled with helpful information, if you have learned all there is to learn on our forum.

Having a degree in Criminal Justice Administration in a big plus in the whole PI field, and in getting your license. I hope this has helped to answer your question.

If you don't feel the need to post a lot, you more then likely, understand what you are reading.

One thing to keep in mind, is that not only are members that want to find jobs reading our forums, but members that have jobs to hand out, are reading our forums, also. Good luck in all you do.

Have a wonderful week. Take care.

Thomas J Nicol is offline Ambassador of Good Will
    International Private Investigators Union

Sr. Distinguished Member

Off topic and non-essential posts have been removed to archive

Members and Guests:

Off topic and non-essential posts have been removed to archive.

Please refrain from posting any of the following types of posts or replies: off-topic, non-essential, personal emails, anything that could be thought of as “Questions to be asked in a member's personal Introduction Topic”. This topic is Why should I post over 30-100 Comments on the Forums?, and is primarily to assist members in understanding the reasoning behind the need to post.
    Please read the posts left in place. The information should instruct you on the Topic.

You may post to each other in the level 4 Chit Chat thread, or the Chat Forum .

Other questions and comments may be posted from within your own Introduction Topics, where Forum Trainers and Moderators can best direct you and answer your questions.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Quote Originally Posted by May K. Toney
    Hi Elliott,
    You sound just like me when I began my journey through the forums. I know exactly how you feel and I think it's great that you're a person of few words. I tend to be far too wordy. But I've learned the value of posting a few words here and there as well. It's one sure way to get over the initial fright of addressing thousands of people. It's a way to let others know you're actively participating. It's the best way to become comfortable with the software while you make new friends. It's also an excellent way for you and others to track your progress.

You may think you have little to offer right now but you might be pleasantly surprised. I've seen numerous one liners that really packed a punch and expressed something I truly needed to hear. So don't deprive your peers or sell yourself short , my friend. Enjoy yourself and post away!

This is an excellent example of how a few words can mean so much. Thank you for these kind words. They mean more than I can say.
    May, thanks for the tip I too can get very lengthy in what to say I'll practice on shorter responses and I might find I'll be able to send more post Thank you

Even though I don't have a lot to say at this point, I am learning from everyone's viewpoints.

I'm one of those persons who doesn't talk alot, just to talk and make conversation, I like to observe first and get a feeling for the person I just met. I do find it hard at times to convey my thoughts to others without going off topic, however, I do understand and agree that by posting here how one can improve oneself and make a contribution.
    Taking the time to read and learn and then expressing your thoughts on the subject can only improve oneself and hopfully help others.
    I appreciate all the moderators and admin. for their kindness in their posts, for those of us who are new, that continue to ask questions that have been answered, but have not yet learned all the ropes here.

I gess I did not understand what this site was all about, what I was after was locating more work for my agency. I already am licensed and of course am open to learning new things. But what I need now is more work.

Hi Michael,
    I believe one of the best ways to get more work is to let people know what you do and by performing your job to your clients satisfaction, in turn, you'll get referrals.
    You have joined this site and by doing so, you have exposed yourself to many people and opened the door to further your education. One can never be complacent in their aspiration to better oneself. eg, Tiger is the best golfer in the world, yet he still is tring to improve himself. I applaud you that you want to better yourself and if you give of yourself and knowledge here on the forums, you'll recieve three fold in return.
    Welcome to IPIU and my best to you in your carrer.

Kalvin Kelly is offline Lifetime Professional Management Member

Corporate Agency Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Thanks Kalvin Kelly

This site is good for both teaching new skills and giving advice as well as picking up new jobs or assignments.

Cool Posting

Greetings!

I am not sure I understand the posting concept but I remain a willing vessel, coupled with an optimistic view. Just acquired Level IV status. Finding "pirates" is not one of my strengths.

Hope to get an assignment soon.

Have a great Thanksgiving!

LaShon

I would like to know why I do not have access to the membership link forum. I am currently at level 4 and do not see my name on the Anti-Piracy list. The fight is this evening. Do I still need to go on the bounty?
    Also, Even though I oredered and paid for my badge when I paid for my membership, I still have not received my badge. Could someone please contact me to explain all of this?

I can understand about posting so much and that is to get someone used to the internet and to writing, but why 20-30 posts. Is this mandatory for all to advance or is this a guide line to help you out. I am well adapted to the internet and e-mails.

Thank you for any advise that you have

I have mainly been reading and learning the past couple of years. I actually have gotten work on my own based on what I have read.

~warREn

This had been a very good topic for me. I have struggled with the posting thing from the begining. I understand that it is to help everyone learn computers as well as gain insight on PI work. I have worked with computor my throughtout my working life. So I have just been reading. I also see I am not alone in my stubborn battle, but what am I fighting. I have now learned that I just need to get out of my own way and just do it.
    Thanks for your help.

I am new to the forum environment. I am very excited about getting this business up and running. I have found this to be an exellent way to learn more about the trade. Thanks to the great Tech support you have managed to put this together with very few gliches. Thanks.

I have read every single one of your posts and if nothing else, they have put me at ease. Everyone's concerns and frustrations are very similar. I too have been mostly reading, but i feel that it is ok. When i have something to say i do. If i feel strongly about an issue i have a lot to say. As far as the minimum requirment for post, it is not a new consept to me. Online schools usually require it, whether it is for attendance or to investigate your thought process on one issue or another. However, there is one thing that concerns me and that is judgement of personallity strictly based on posts or lack of them. It is my personal experience that some people are just better at communicating in person. On another note, i have taken in a lot of new information from your posts and rather then thanking every single one of you separatly i would like to say one big thank for evryone to share equaly.
    Maria Walton

Yes, I too want to thank everyone for the resources they provide.

Lorraine Luongo

I only joined IPIU yesterday and after navigating the forums and reading postings for a couple of hours, I think it's great to require members to write and post. If not, how else will potential PI Agencies 'judge' your credentials and abilities?

It's not like we're sitting on the other side of a desk interviewing in a new suit w/ the chance to make a great impression. So, our involvement in the forums will only help us keep up on all of the vast information we 'trainees' are so in need of learning. More importantly, it's our 'interview' or 'impression'.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast