to take a long time. However, I did receive my picture ID on
    last week and I am "very excited". I guess you can see the
    reason for my excitement, it has been a long wait. I have
    always been told that anything that is good is worth wait-
    ing for. I hope my exciting news will help other newcomers
    to not to get discourage as I did.

Your lonely Louisiana
    Tina

Last edited by Tina Henry; 05-17-2003 at 09:48 AM.

William Brassfield is offline Moderator::
    (On Leave of Absence)

Sr. Distinguished Member:
    Member since 2002
    Hi Tina;
    Congratulations on receiving your ID. Yes, sometimes things do seem to take a long time, and that's where patience comes in, when you look back you'll see it really wasn't that long. And patience is a good thing to build up because you're going to need it on the job.
    Will Brassfield

Where there's a will, there's a way......and I'm Will

Visit our New Home Page: www.ipiu.org

Visit our New Bookstore: www.privateinvestigators.cc

Hi Tina,

Congratulations on receiving your photo credentials!

Soon, you will be much too busy to feel lonely. You should receive your Opertions Manual within a few weeks. In the meantime, spend as much time on the forums as you can. Get to know the people here. They are great!

I look forward to hearing about your test score soon. Study hard, and take your time. I'll see you around the forums, right???

P.S. Instead of calling yourself Lonely Louisiana, you should start thinking of yourself as something like Terrific Tina. And, to see how many other folks there are here from your state, do a search on Louisiana. You will be pleasantly surprised to find that you are NOT the only one. Have fun!

Lightbulb Exciting News

HI kimberly,

Thanks for the encouraging words, looking forward to getting to know everyone in the forum.

Yours truly,
    Teriffic Tina

Re: Exciting News

Originally posted by Tina Henry
    Hi to every one that responded to my threads,
    I have been a member since February, however not very active in the forum. I may have gotten a little discouraged because everything appears to take a long time. However, I did receive my picture ID on last week and I am "very excited".
    Hello and Congratulations Tina! I joined IPIU in March and just returned my Code of Ethics and other documents today. I understand your feelings concerning the processing time. We've all been there. That's one of many good reasons why it's so important to explore the forums as much as possible. You'll learn a great deal from your peers, contribute to the growth of others and enjoy the many interesting and informative topics. Time truly flies when you're having fun and the processing steps will be completed before you know it!

I recommend that you review David Copeland's Newcomer post in the Technical Support forum: http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthrea...&threadid=5008 to help you get started. In the interim, I look forward to hearing more from you and wish you every success!
    Last edited by May K. Toney; 05-18-2003 at 12:22 AM.
    MT

God's promises are like stars; the darker the night, the brighter they shine.

Thumbs up Exciting news

To William Brassfield:

Thanks for your respone to my threads, it is really encouraging
    to hear from other newcomers and their progress. I will also take
    your advice and read what other have experienced in the waiting process. Looking foward to hearing from you again.

Tina
    Last edited by Tina Henry; 05-24-2003 at 12:01 PM.

Hi Tina:

Congratulations on getting your credentials. I am a newcomer too
    and just waiting for my print cards etc. to arive in the mail. I know for me as well it seems like things are taking forever. I guess it's just the anxiousness and anticipation of getting things rolling.
    Anyway, CONGRATS.
    I'm sure I'll be seeing you around the boards.
    Have a GREAT day!

Sara E. Pickett

Thumbs up

Well the envelope finally came in the mail on Friday containing
    my fingerprint cards etc. I was So happy to see that envelope.
    Got the photos taken today at one of our local Walgreen stores, and tomorrow will be calling Police Dept. to find out what days they do the fingerprints on, etc. So I'm another excited newcomer in Indiana who can't wait to start the assignments.

Sara E. Pickett

Tina,

I can certainly relate to the waiting factor . I'm have yet to receive my photo/fingerprint packet, but I know it will be here anyday ...then on to the next step. Congrats on getting your I.D. and best wishes on your exam. Take care and hope to see you around the boards

10. Hello Tina,

Congratulations on receiving your credentials, please be patient and read the forums, just like everything in life it will not happen over night, because when you start to receive your assignments you will know what to do and what not to do. So be patient in everything that you do, patience builds character.

Thomas Maxwell

Michael Harris is offline Lifetime Professional Management Member

Distinguished Insignio Colleague of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Tina,

I am sorry things took long for you. I signed up over the phone and did the credit card route.

I waited for almost a month before I got on the forums. There is some dissatisfaction due to time lags, But I suppose that IPIU is growing faster than they expected.

I have been reading until my eyes cross. But I have found encouragement and enthusiasm everywhere.
    Michael E. Harris

Badge #6718

Smile

Oh how true regarding everything that has been said. Reading is one of the most important things to do, for you will find superb information everywhere you go. The amazing thing is the different type of information that is posted and the extent of how helpful this info is.

IPIU and all the members have been extremely helpful and will guide and aid you with your needs.

Good luck and Happy hunting.
    Don

Tina M Phillips Guest
    Tina,

How are things going for you now??