Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Training Manual: Simple, thorough and concise.

Smile

Hello Everyone!

Just wanted to say I am one step closer to this great career. I received my operations manual along with my test and I must say I cannot keep my face out of this manual!! What a learning experience!!! Can't believe there is such good information for each and everyone of us to absorb. The information is written with all of us newcomers in mind. Simple, thorough and concise. I love it and I'm own my way! Yeah!!!! Good luck to everyone of you.
    Sincerely, Karen Dunnahoe

Thumbs up

Congrats Karen!
    Jeff Colón
    Badge #5711

Talking

Originally posted by Jeff Colo'n
    Congrats Karen!

Jeff,

Thank you, Jeff for your reply! I appreciate the response and I am looking forward to proving myself. Karen

Originally posted by Karen Dunnahoe
    Hello Everyone!

Just wanted to say I am one step closer to this great career. I received my operations manual along with my test and I must say I cannot keep my face out of this manual!! What a learning experience!!

Good luck to everyone of you. Sincerely, Karen Dunnahoe

Congratulations Karen!

Good luck!
    BECKY BROWN
    Badge # 5534

Congrats Karen I am waiting on my manual now. I got a e-mail and said it would ship out on Jan. 14, 2003, but I am in Texas so it might take a while. That's alright though some pretty good reading on here. Good Luck in all your future endeavors.

I am excited for you!!

Hi, Karen. I am awaiting my manual. I haven't received an email stating when I am to receive it, but I hope it is soon. I'm looking to get started. Hopefully, I will be like you, in that I can't put it down, either!!
    Last edited by Shawn-Marie Hawkins; 07-19-2003 at 06:48 PM.
    Candle, 8th Wonder of the World

hey i,m glad to be one step closer to my new line of work
    Mr. Donald Allen Sr.

Omar Castro is offline ** Certified

Sr. Member - Private Investigators Forum:
    Union Member of the International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Cool Outstanding! Ms. Karen

Now stay focused because this really is the easy part, the hard part comes a little later if you wanted to know.
    Not that hard just need to be maticulous about your new line of work.
    Attention to detail and communication are paramount in this line of business. Good luck and if you need help just let us know, We like to help out alot it helps us as well. That way we make sure we know what we are doing it allows us to have an excuse and review the manual too!
    Last edited by Omar Castro; 02-23-2004 at 07:05 PM.
    O.A.C.V. Sr.

thank you for the heads uup
    Mr. Donald Allen Sr.

My manual should arrive soon. I'm so looking forward to receiving and reading it. I am looking forward to learning and growing more in this field each day.

Kathie

Operations Training Manual and Test

Congratulations, Karen!!!

I also received the training manual and test today. I'm almost done with it and just need to look it over. Good luck on the test!!

I've read somewhere that some members faxed their availability form to expedite the process. Is it permissible to also fax in the test (by photocopying each page, obviously, then faxing it?)

Thanks!
    T. Laroche

Congrats to all of you that have just finished your test, for me the hardest part is when you send it in and wait for somethig to happen.
    Last edited by Byron Burke II; 07-17-2003 at 02:14 PM.

Getting there

Hi Karen and congratulations, every step of progress that those before me take is a step closer for me.

It's good to read what is going on, it makes our own wait a little less anxious. Thanks for sharing.

Wishing you the best.

Carmen
    In all your getting, get wisdom!

Thumbs up Congrats!

Hi Karen,

Just wanted to know what the steps are to getting closer to that first assignment. I'm awaiting my Criminal Warrants Check and just wondering after the results of that comes in, then does the training manual step follow - After studying the manual to pass the test? At what point is the badge received?

I'm happy for you by the way.

Michael Harris is offline Lifetime Professional Management Member

Distinguished Insignio Colleague of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Karen,

I am glad to see your comments on the manual. I am waiting for mine, and I do not wait well.

Your comments provide much encouragement.
    Michael E. Harris

Badge #6718

Micheal,
    I wanted to say Hi. I've read many of your responses to other threads. You seem helpful and encouraging. And a Jersey native like myself. I'm curious, did you receive your manual and test yet? If yes, I would be interested in hearing your comments on it. I'm waiting on mine now. If not, how long has it taken? It seems like you have been waiting long for it.

Hoe to hear from yoand if its alright, I'd like to stay in touch via the forums.

Steve Heath

Steve,

Yes, I have received my manual and test.

The manual is not a big as I expected, but the information is good. It matches the others sources I have. This leads me to believe that IPIU has the right approach to investigating.

The test had only a couple of awkward questions. It was short and written well. It checks your knowledge and at least one question checks to see if you really did read the manual.

I had a terrible time trying to get my test submitted. I faxed it, but IPIU uses eFax and that is inoperable due to the viruses that are running around this month.

I need to call IPIU today to see if they actually got my test. I am anxious. I would love to be at Level 4 and be able to read those posts, and to be able to get assignments.
    Michael E. Harris

Badge #6718

Kyle Ludwiszewski Guest

Post Re: Operations Training Manual and Test

Originally posted by Tatiana Laroche
    Congratulations, Karen!!!

I also received the training manual and test today. I'm almost done with it and just need to look it over. Good luck on the test!!

I've read somewhere that some members faxed their availability form to expedite the process. Is it permissible to also fax in the test (by photocopying each page, obviously, then faxing it?)

Thanks!

I am new and would like to know how to recieve the training manual. Congratulations to Karen.
    Would really like some help to advance in my future.

Kyle Ludwiszewski (NY)

Kyle,

W-E-L-C-O-M-E to IPIU and the IPIU forums!!

I see tht this is you first post. You should go the the Introduction's Lounge and let us know a little about you.

Once you have posted there, the members will know that you are loose in the forums and will post all the guidance you will need.
    Michael E. Harris

Badge #6718

Which one?

Originally posted by Michael Harris
    Kyle,

W-E-L-C-O-M-E to IPIU and the IPIU forums!!

I see tht this is you first post. You should go the the Introduction's Lounge and let us know a little about you.

Once you have posted there, the members will know that you are loose in the forums and will post all the guidance you will need.
    Which one is the Introduction Lounge? I looked through them and I'm not sure.

Re: Which one?

Originally posted by Barbara Holtzman

Which one is the Introduction Lounge? I looked through them and I'm not sure.
    Oh DUH! Maybe the forum member's introduction lounge?

Jeez. Looked right over it about six times!

Barbara,

You will fit in here nicely. You do not take yourself too seriously.

Again, Welcome!
    Michael E. Harris

Badge #6718

Steve,

I am anxious. I would love to be at Level 4 and be able to read those posts, and to be able to get assignments.
    At first, I was anxious to get an assignment, and I still am, but now I'm just as anxious about getting into all the forums I can't read.

So I just keep saying, over and over,

God grant me the serenity....

Barbara,

You do not take yourself too seriously.

I've always thought there are some things you should take very seriously, and all others you should take to the beach...

It's a learned art. You'd have to know me to know why, but trust me when I say, I have been and still can be VERY serious. I just know now that it rarely gets you anywhere.

Except if you get up at 4 and start driving seriously south, you will get to the beach. And that's the Jersey beach. I love New York, but our beaches... [struggling for non-vulgar and not too offensive terms here] aren't the best. When it comes to warm ocean and great sand, ya gotta go to South Jersey (or further, but I'm impatient, remember, I want to GET THERE!).

Barbara,

I am 35 miles from the Jersey shore. And my kid sister lives on a lagoon with access to the water right out her back door.
    Michael E. Harris

Badge #6718

Jersey Shore

Barbara,

I have to agree with you. New York may have beaches, but New Jersey has THE SHORE!! Just can't beat it on a hot weekend (or, even better a weekday with less crowds). Just the smell of the Boardwalk can re-kindle memories from childhood. I'm only 20 miles from some of the best NJ has to offer, but I don't get to go often enough.
    Good luck!
    Steve Heath

Hello Barbara,

I am anxious to get my first assignment

Have a good night.
    Respectfully

Robert L. Shipley
    Licensed Private Investigator

Karen, thanks for the encouraging words.
    Rkml

Robert and Karen,

One of the most important things you can do in the IPIU forums is share your enthusiasm and provide encouragement to the other members.

I read a lot more than I write and I am impressed with the knowledge, experience, and integrity of the members who post here.
    Michael E. Harris

Badge #6718

Training Manuals

I look forward to receiving my training manuals and successfully completing the exams. Most importantly, I look forward to performing my first assignment. Does anyone have any suggestions of good reading material that I can review while I await my training manuals?

Re: Training Manuals

Originally posted by Pamela Richard
    Does anyone have any suggestions of good reading material that I can review while I await my training manuals?
    You are at Level 3 right now.

Go to the Educational Forum here:
    http://www.ipiu.org/forums/forumdisp...p?s=&forumid=3

Also, the book store is here:
    http://www.privateinvestigators.cc/i...e77c2281ed06f8

Thank you for the reaading material.

Congrats Karen! I can't wait until I get mine.

Little warning......

Browsing the bookstore at IPIU is addictive and dangerous to your pocketbook.

Mary, who is going to finish her test first

I am awaiting my results of the test. I enjoyed taking it.

Smile

I received my training manual a couple of days ago.Read the manual at least three times before I took test
    The manual is very informative,I try to browse manual at least every other day.
    Just have to get my available work time hours and days available
    Hopefully I will complete sometime this a.m.,and send off paperwork. Can't wait to get assigned

Brice

Does anyone understand the AB portion of the test? At first glance, it looks considerable easy but that did not turn out to be the case. Am I missing something? I passed all of the portions of the test except the AB portion. The other portions seem to be more difficult than the AB portion. Any thoughts?

Pamela,

Sleep on it. Then look at it again in the cold light of day. It does make sense.
    Michael E. Harris

Badge #6718

Michael,

Thanks for the advice.

Pamela,

I hope it helped.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast