Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sample Private Investigator tests

Louis A. Garcia Jr. Guest

Sample Private Investigator tests

Thank you for reading.

I am wondering where I an obtain any sample tests for studying to be a Licensed California Private Investigator either Via Internet, by mail or Ect.......
    Thank you

Here you go

Passbooks.com

This is not state specific but it should help. There is another site but they cost about $50.00 more.

Michelle
    Make the truth known

3. This link will give you a .pdf download for the CA PI License exam specifications. Although this is not a sample test, it will list the areas you need to study, such as civil law, penal codes, etc.
    http://www.experioronline.com/capro.htm

Follow this link the to Bureau of Security and Investigative Services. This provides links to the licensure application as well as training links. Very useful site.
    http://www.dca.ca.gov/bsis/

I'll post more links as I find them.

Question I need to study the legal terms...

Have you found a place I can obtain a sample of the Georgia Private Investigators Licensing test?

Maybe if I could just get a clue as to where the applicable laws are, I could bookmark and study them... I have read the exemptions to the licensing list, and the laws for process serving in GA, but where can I find out the details governing investigations?

Thank you for any help!
    Anne Lane

Thank you Deborah and Michelle. I'm not at a point where I can make the best of these sites but I've saved them for when I progress to that level. There's a lot of info at both sites that's sure to prove invaluable to me and countless other members. I appreciate the tip! Success to you both!

Talking Thanks

Michelle, Deborah, everyone...thank you for this insightful and useful information. I will definitely be looking into these sites. The best to you all!
    Marisa
    "Success lies not in being the best,
    but in doing your best."

--Anonymous

Thanks

Thank you for showing different sites to look at sample tests. This will helpe prepare me.
    Heather

Michael Harris is offline Lifetime Professional Management Member

Distinguished Insignio Colleague of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Re: Here you go

Originally posted by Michelle Brown
    Passbooks.com

This is not state specific but it should help.
    Michelle
    Michelle,

I tried the site, but I could not find any PI-related material. I will try again when I have more time.
    Michael E. Harris

Badge #6718

Exclamation Private Investigator Testing

I did a pretty thorough internet search on PI testing and found that some states offer example tests, some have no testing policy and some do not list either. There are a large number of online and at home PI courses available. Some take 2 to 3 years to complete. One said you could finish the course in a matter of a few months. All were fairly expensive. Amazon.com listed several self study books on Investigating. As we move up the ladder in IPIU I understand that we will be given access to books and courses that are recommended and I suppose certified by IPIU. I'm going to wait and see what IPIU has available before I try to take any tests or courses or buy any books. I think that would be the best thing for all of us to do. After we start receiving assignments, the agencies we work for may have some requirements. Till then, I'm going to read, read, read and post, post, post.
    Dave Fowler
    Badge #6847

Re: Private Investigator Testing

Originally posted by David Fowler
    As we move up the ladder in IPIU I understand that we will be given access to books and courses that are recommended and I suppose certified by IPIU. I'm going to wait and see what IPIU has available before I try to take any tests or courses or buy any books.

After we start receiving assignments, the agencies we work for may have some requirements. Till then, I'm going to read, read, read and post, post, post.
    David,

Excellent, excellent advice. Michael Harris posted a link, where we can order an investigator's book for less than 1/2 the retail listing price. The only requirement is to have posted over 25 posts.

Originally posted by Michael Harris

This following link should do it - it is from IPIU:

The Complete Idiot's Guide to Private Investigating

[Link Edited By Administrator: IPIU Item]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Sale for $9.99 to union members;

or $11.99 for non union members who have posted 25 or more comments on the forums.

Colleen L Hayes Badge #6915

Cool Thanks

Thanks Colleen!!!

Thanks Colleen. I guess you saw they edited out the link to the book. But I think I can find it. A little investigating ought to get the job done..do you suppose that's why it was deleted? So we'd have to find it for ourselves. That's probably a good training exercise.
    Dave Fowler
    Badge #6847

Trenell Blanks is offline **
    Former Moderator:

Distinguished Member:
    Prior Union Member 2006 - 2007

Question SAMPLE TEST FOR TEXAS

Deborah, I've been internet surfing for a sample test for Texas--to no avail. I was wondering, perhaps, if you knew of a site?
    Trenell Blanks

Smile Plan to move

I have read and enjoyed the interaction among members. The information I have gained is great and valuable. Everyone is so very helpful and this makes this journey so much more enjoyable, in understanding the different requirements for each state.

Thanks to all.

Alfonso,

We aim to please.

Sample Test

This link will give you a .pdf download for the CA PI License exam specifications. Although this is not a sample test, it will list the areas you need to study, such as civil law, penal codes, etc.
    http://www.experioronline.com/capro.htm

Follow this link the to Bureau of Security and Investigative Services. This provides links to the licensure application as well as training links. Very useful site.
    http://www.dca.ca.gov/bsis/

I'll post more links as I find them.

Hi Deborah,

I'm new and would appreciate a link to any site in OKLAHOMA that would give sample tests.

JeryLyn

tests

Thanks for the info. It helps a lot. i'm new here so I read all the old threads too. Everything is helpful.

Thanks,Mary
    Mary Cervantes

Jerry, I was wondering the same thing. Please let me know if you find anything.

William Brassfield is offline Moderator::
    (On Leave of Absence)

Sr. Distinguished Member:
    Member since 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Woytas

Hi Deborah,

I'm new and would appreciate a link to any site in OKLAHOMA that would give sample tests.

JeryLyn
    Quote Originally Posted by Donna Johnson
    Jerry, I was wondering the same thing. Please let me know if you find anything.

Hi Jerry, and Donna
    welcome to the forums, glad to have you with us.
    There really isn't a site for Oklahoma that has a sample test, but I can tell you its really not too hard, its 50 questions all multiple guess --er-- I mean multiple choise

You can take the test on alternating Tuesdays either in Tulsa or Oklahoma City, but only after you have successfully completed the state course which is 35 hours. When you go to take the test, you'll need to take your certificate with you as proof of training.

Here's link for more information.
    http://www.cleet.state.ok.us/Private_Security.htm

(this is also the link that give information for PI training, and certification)
    Last edited by William Brassfield; 04-10-2004 at 12:08 PM. Reason: fix link
    Will Brassfield

Where there's a will, there's a way......and I'm Will

Visit our New Home Page: www.ipiu.org

Visit our New Bookstore: www.privateinvestigators.cc

Thank you, William.

JeryLyn

I have read that there are sample tests , but is there also study manuals too? Are these study tests and manuals State specific?
    Joe Dan Earnest

William, thank you so much for the information. I know now what I have to do in order to get my lincese here in Oklahoma.

Does anyone know the website for taking the stae test for PA and or TN and the requirements for either state.......? I know each state as their way of doing things and I want to cover all the basic's . I live in PA now but my home town is TN .

Hi Colleen,

I see we joined around the same time Aug, 04. What stage are you in? I also see that you have 138 post, any suggest on post, I found alot of my questions are answered alread just by reading the treads. I believe we need to have at least 35 post. any suggestions

Vanessa Robinson

William Brassfield is offline Moderator::
    (On Leave of Absence)

Sr. Distinguished Member:
    Member since 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucricia Chambers
    Does anyone know the website for taking the stae test for PA and or TN and the requirements for either state.......? I know each state as their way of doing things and I want to cover all the basic's . I live in PA now but my home town is TN .

Hi Lucinda;
    Go to the opening page of the forums, and click on the link that reads: "Licensing Laws only: Private Investigators''

Hi guys anything on the state of TX, anyone, I am very new, and are surfing the web but not finding much on TX.

anyone, from anywhere, any information on TX.

Re:California PI License

You may request a copy of a sample test from the California Bureau of Investigative Services (BSIS) providing that you have completed 6,000 hours of investigative work and a small fee. I would advise you to study civll/business and professional codes as well. Good luck!!!!!

Thanks Guys, it sounds like some very educational information.

Thanks to all for some very insightful responses. In just a short time I've already learned quite a bit. And the best is yet to come. Thanks again.

The Links

The links provided were very useful. Thank you for the information.

Steven D Mahan - is offline *** Certified SPI
    Sr. Member: Private Investigators Forum

Professional Management Member of:
    Colleen,thank You.i Was Trying To Find An Arco Manual And Turned Up Empty For Pi. I Will Try Your Resource

Question Oklahoma

Quote Originally Posted by William Brassfield
    Hi Jerry, and Donna
    welcome to the forums, glad to have you with us.
    There really isn't a site for Oklahoma that has a sample test, but I can tell you its really not too hard, its 50 questions all multiple guess --er-- I mean multiple choise

You can take the test on alternating Tuesdays either in Tulsa or Oklahoma City, but only after you have successfully completed the state course which is 35 hours. When you go to take the test, you'll need to take your certificate with you as proof of training.

Here's link for more information.
    http://www.cleet.state.ok.us/Private_Security.htm

(this is also the link that give information for PI training, and certification)

Bill, I see your in Oklahoma. Any insight on Oklahoma and how they treat PI's? I am totally new to the PI world, thank god for these threads, but you live here and so do I. Any good advise???? Thanks

Cheryl Bliton

Jonathan Persky is offline Certified Process Server:
    International Private Investigators Union

Private Investigator Forum Member

Testing training

The URL for preparation for the exam in California didnt pan out.

I have actually heard that you can study or learn certain aspects of the material for your STATE PI Exam. In my state only 5 or 10% will pass the exam, statistically. This was the case in 2003.

Is there anybody else in the state of Illinois or Indiana in here?

Let's see, im confused, cause I am in Illinois. So so far nothing as surrfaced. Perhaps some of you know otherwise. Should i do a googe search on it ??

Take care.

Cool

Greetings all, does anyone know of a practice test for Ohio Private Detectives license? Thanks!!!

I have taken the Ohio test and the key to that test is knowing the Ohio revised code section 4749, or in other words, the rules for private investigation in the state of Ohio. Also on the test were basic legal terms relating to rules of evidence, torts and the court process.

Hope this is helpful.

Thanks for your reply, I've been studying ohio revised code 4749 and I believe I have a pretty good grasp of Its contents. Is the test primarily multiple choice, fill in the blanks, or a combination of both.
    Thanks again, Matthew

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew J Bunt
    Thanks for your reply, I've been studying ohio revised code 4749 and I believe I have a pretty good grasp of Its contents. Is the test primarily multiple choice, fill in the blanks, or a combination of both.
    Matthew,

How lucky to live in a state that tests its PIs. Some states have PI laws that are geared to State Police retirees.

Patrol officers and police detectives do not always make good PIs - they cannot survive without the tools that only LEOs have, they never learned the creativity of the PI.
    Michael E. Harris

Badge #6718

Stormy Renner - is offline *** Certified

Licensed Private Investigator
    Sr. Member - Private Investigators Forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyce Gilliland
    I have taken the Ohio test and the key to that test is knowing the Ohio revised code section 4749, or in other words, the rules for private investigation in the state of Ohio. Also on the test were basic legal terms relating to rules of evidence, torts and the court process.

Hope this is helpful.
    Thank you Joyce! This is very helpful. I am scheduled for the Ohio test Nov 9th. I have almost memorized the Ohio Revived Code 4749 but I need to study the court stuff in more depth. Thanks a bunch!
    Stormy Dawn Renner
    Private Investigator
    License # 200621001131

Stormy Renner - is offline *** Certified

Licensed Private Investigator
    Sr. Member - Private Investigators Forum
    OOPS - I meant Ohio Revised Code. sorry

Re: Sample Private Investigator tests

has anyone every tried to get a licens in the state of Delaware?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast