Thread: First step in RI

Trent Bone Guest

Question First step in RI

Just only recently considered looking into this profession. I live in Rhode Island. What do you recommend as the first step for me to take? Thanks for any input.

Hello Trent,

Welcome to the IPIU forums!

Regardless of whether you are or are not sure that you want to be a private investigator, I would suggest that you read everything in the forums that you have access to. You will learn a lot from the nice folks here. Also, visit some websites that offer investigative services to learn more about the areas of specialization that are available. If you are like most people on the forums, viewing those sites will get you excited! If you are pretty sure that you want to enter this field of work, go ahead and get your application process started, but don't quit your current job just yet; the process takes a little while.

Many questions that you may have about the forums as well as the process for becoming a private investigator through IPIU have already been answered somewhere within these forums. Use your investigative skills to seek your answers before posing a question. If you do have any questions that you can't find the answers to, feel free to ask and someone will be more than happy to help you.

The button can help you find specific information. You can find this at the top of any forum page. For instance, to find information about the free application, just type the word “application” or the phrase “free application” in the keyword box. Any thread having the keyword will be displayed. You’ll have to sift through the displayed items to find exactly what you are looking for.

Other important and helpful links are as follows:

Newcomers please Click Here First!

Then, be sure to read the Forum Rules

For Forum Access Levels – Click on the following: Forum Access Levels Link

For IPIU Benefits Information – click on this IPIU Benefits and Time Table Link

For a helpful tutorial –check out the Guidelines and Quick Tips For Navigating the IPIU Forums

I hope this helps you find your way, Trent. Once again, welcome to the IPIU family.

Kimberly Lackey
    IPIU Badge # 5613

Visit our New Home Page: www.ipiu.org

Jamie J Genereux Guest

Re:R.I Investigator

Hi, I just wanted to say I am currently in the same boat. I finally got my foot in the door as a investigator through a repossession company I swapped a few emails with. I would suggest you check out repoman.com. Their you can select Rhode Island from the menu and see pretty much all the companies that do investigations in any state. It`s funny how opportunity arrive in the weirdest places. Anyway it is a place to start, this help a little bit in getting you pointed in the right direction.